PR Response from Sydney

Old Nov 20th 2017, 10:20 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Response from Sydney

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Are you referring to time counting towards PR residency obligation ie working for a Canadian business?

6.2 Canadian business The definition applies to both large and small businesses, and includes:
 federally or provincially incorporated businesses which have an ongoing operation in Canada;  other enterprises that have an ongoing operation in Canada, are capable of generating revenue, are carried out in anticipation of profit and in which a majority of voting or ownership interests is held by Canadian citizens, permanent residents or Canadian businesses;  enterprises which have been created by the laws of Canada or a province. Note: It does not include businesses that have been created primarily for the purpose of allowing a permanent resident to satisfy his or her residency obligation while residing outside of Canada R61(2).
yes exactly this..i worked for one of the big Canadian construction companies when i lived in Calgary and closed out projects paperwork side whilst i was in the UK
Old Nov 21st 2017, 12:22 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
yes exactly this..i worked for one of the big Canadian construction companies when i lived in Calgary and closed out projects paperwork side whilst i was in the UK
1. Fl should have quoted the rest of the Regulation, the man thing is the following

Employment outside Canada

(3) For the purposes of subparagraphs 28(2)(a)(iii) and (iv) of the Act, the expression employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian business or in the public service of Canada or of a province means, in relation to a permanent resident, that the permanent resident is an employee of, or under contract to provide services to, a Canadian business or the public service of Canada or of a province, and is assigned on a full-time basis as a term of the employment or contract to
  • (a) a position outside Canada;
  • (b) an affiliated enterprise outside Canada; or
  • (c) a client of the Canadian business or the public service outside Canada.
If you weren't assigned, it won't count.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 1:48 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Fl should have quoted the rest of the Regulation, the man thing is the following

Employment outside Canada

(3) For the purposes of subparagraphs 28(2)(a)(iii) and (iv) of the Act, the expression employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian business or in the public service of Canada or of a province means, in relation to a permanent resident, that the permanent resident is an employee of, or under contract to provide services to, a Canadian business or the public service of Canada or of a province, and is assigned on a full-time basis as a term of the employment or contract to
  • (a) a position outside Canada;
  • (b) an affiliated enterprise outside Canada; or
  • (c) a client of the Canadian business or the public service outside Canada.
If you weren't assigned, it won't count.
i was still under contract as full time employee
Old Dec 7th 2017, 11:06 pm
Every day's a school day

is me again...this time my daughters PR confirmation letter came through....however it says she must pick up her PR card from the CIC office in Edmonton...problem she has gone back to the UK for Xmas...i cant pick it up for her as it must be her in person...problem two ...she had PRTD which has now expired in her passport ...so how does she get back into Canada....get yet another PRTD?
Also my sons application was sent back for a second time ( first time he forgot to sign it )now its saying there was no payment...although i did three applications and paid the $150 fee...so now i have to pay another $50 and start the application process again all over for a third time....still waiting on mine...which btw i got a letter regarding my application from UK immigration regarding exit and entry data...stating “we note you are a British Citizen. We are unable to trace any records of you as you are not subject to UK immigration control”.
Old Dec 7th 2017, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

That's interesting. I got all my exit and entry data.

Personally if I had been your daughter I'd have stayed in Canada until the processing of the PR card was complete.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 1:46 pm
Every day's a school day

Originally Posted by Snowy560
That's interesting. I got all my exit and entry data.

Personally if I had been your daughter I'd have stayed in Canada until the processing of the PR card was complete.
unfortunately she had some work issues to iron out and personal things too...i was hoping they would send out the PR card not have to pick it up..is there no way i could pick it up on her behalf?
Old Dec 8th 2017, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

It's been sent to the local office so that your daughter herself picks it up in person.

What was your plan for her to return to Canada?
Old Dec 8th 2017, 7:36 pm
Every day's a school day

not sure how she returns as her PRTD has now expired. She was given a one time PRTD valid for 6 months...my son however was given a PRTD with multiple visits which is valid until March 2019
Old Feb 14th 2018, 10:34 pm
Every day's a school day

Finally got my PR card ..6 months after i applied for the renewal..my Daughters came in November but nothing yet for my son..why dont they send them all together?