PR Police Certificate

Old Jan 19th 2017, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Southerner08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Police Certificate

Hi Everyone,

I just need some clarification I'm from the UK living in Canada. I haven't returned to the UK since arriving here 13 months ago. My application is requesting Police Certificates (Multiple), for context my application hasn't even been started yet as these documents were missing.

The requested police checks are as follows;

The Country in which I currently live if I have been here over 6 months

The country I have spent most of my adult life.

I have a Police Certificate from my last time in England in order to get my IEC visa, can I use that as my Adult life certificate?

For the country in which I currently live the website is saying I don't need to send one, the message sent by CIC seems to suggest I do.

Can anyone shed some light

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 19th 2017, 7:18 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Police Certificate

Hi

Originally Posted by Southerner08
Hi Everyone,

I just need some clarification I'm from the UK living in Canada. I haven't returned to the UK since arriving here 13 months ago. My application is requesting Police Certificates (Multiple), for context my application hasn't even been started yet as these documents were missing.

The requested police checks are as follows;

The Country in which I currently live if I have been here over 6 months

The country I have spent most of my adult life.

I have a Police Certificate from my last time in England in order to get my IEC visa, can I use that as my Adult life certificate?

For the country in which I currently live the website is saying I don't need to send one, the message sent by CIC seems to suggest I do.

Can anyone shed some light

Thanks in advance.
1. You don't require a PCC from Canada, unless IRCC specifically asks for one.
2. You will need a new one from the UK, as for the IEC you received prior to leaving the UK

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:
  • are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.