Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Letters from Friends and Family

PR Letters from Friends and Family

Old Sep 28th 2017, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

joshjamesworld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Letters from Friends and Family

Hello all,

I have tried searching the threads for an answer to this but they all seem to be dated.

I am just in the process of receiving letters from our friends and family to support our common-law partnership. I was just wondering if the letters could be signed, scanned and emailed to me or if I have to send the original signed copies?

Also do they need to be notarized? I think I've read that they DO NOT have to be but as I said, I'm reading some threads that are pretty old and I'm second guessing myself now

Any help would be much appreciated!

Josh
Old Sep 28th 2017, 6:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Letters from Friends and Family

Ah, seems you've searched threads but not our amazing FAQ! Here you go - Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki

HTH.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

joshjamesworld is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ah, seems you've searched threads but not our amazing FAQ! Here you go - Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki

HTH.
Oh I did read that! Which was very useful I must add. I am just a little unsure still about their signatures. Do I need the original copies of the letters or can they scan them and send to me? Great that they don't have to be notarized, though.

Thanks again
Old Sep 28th 2017, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joshjamesworld
Oh I did read that! Which was very useful I must add. I am just a little unsure still about their signatures. Do I need the original copies of the letters or can they scan them and send to me? Great that they don't have to be notarized, though.

Thanks again
I got my friends to mail me the originals and included originals in my submission. Not sure if originals or printed scanned copies make a difference, but if you have a choice - go for originals IMHO!