PR at last!!

Old Mar 15th 2008, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

fionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nice
Talking PR at last!!

Yipee! finally got that lovely letter saying congratulations please send your passports for you PR visas.
It's taken a while we arrived in Canada October 2005 on TWP and applied for the Alberta PNP and everything bumbled along nicely did medicals in March 2007 then hiccup, our son has a diagnosis of Aspersers syndrome and we didn't have a lot of helpful paperwork at the time of our medical so we were initially refused as our son would be a drain on the social and health systems of Canada (this is quite stupid as now Alberta isn't funding kids with Aspergers in the school system so they are all being recoded for their other learning difficulties to still get TA help at school). SO we went to his school and got a letter saying he didn't require a lot of help, got a private psychologist report which said he was very mild and basically copes with life, letter from family doctor saying our son hadn't required any medical attention since arriving in October 2005 sent all that away, sorted out police checks (some of you know we had hassels with our Scottish police checks if you read my other posts) and finally everything was hunky dory!!

Fiona
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

DannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant future
Default Re: PR at last!!

Congratulations!!! I can see you've been there quite some time already, but it must be fantastic to finally be there 'properly'.
Sabine
Old Mar 15th 2008, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

shazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant future
Post Re: PR at last!!

Originally Posted by fionamst
Yipee! finally got that lovely letter saying congratulations please send your passports for you PR visas.
It's taken a while we arrived in Canada October 2005 on TWP and applied for the Alberta PNP and everything bumbled along nicely did medicals in March 2007 then hiccup, our son has a diagnosis of Aspersers syndrome and we didn't have a lot of helpful paperwork at the time of our medical so we were initially refused as our son would be a drain on the social and health systems of Canada (this is quite stupid as now Alberta isn't funding kids with Aspergers in the school system so they are all being recoded for their other learning difficulties to still get TA help at school). SO we went to his school and got a letter saying he didn't require a lot of help, got a private psychologist report which said he was very mild and basically copes with life, letter from family doctor saying our son hadn't required any medical attention since arriving in October 2005 sent all that away, sorted out police checks (some of you know we had hassels with our Scottish police checks if you read my other posts) and finally everything was hunky dory!!

Fiona
Hi Fiona,

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PR, its great to know that someone else who arrived through the PNP has their PR, its gives hope to the rest of us who are in the various stages of applying for their PR.

My OH and I arrived here in Alberta in June/July '07 too through the PNP, we sent our Alberta application for Province Nomination on 8th March '08. We were told 4 days later in a phone call from the Government of Alberta that we have been Nominated. Just waiting now for the Nomination letter to arrive in our mailbox, then I can send my Federal Application away

So if I need any advice we know who to ask!!!

Good Luck with your life in Alberta

Shazza
Old Mar 15th 2008, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

fionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nice
Smile Re: PR at last!!

Fell free to ask, we'll be any help we can. My Cousin has emigrated to Lethbridge in November - doing the same as we have done.

Good luck with your journey!

Fiona
Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

aquariusvn is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations !
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: PR at last!!

Thank you guys, hope everything is working out for all of you.

Fiona
Old Mar 20th 2008, 6:18 am
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

Thank you guys, hope everything is working out for all of you.

Fiona
Dear Fiona... first of all CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK with everything else...
Reading your post gives me hope as we had similar bumps as yours along the way...
I still do not know what the outcome of my case will be... we are now waiting for an answer after sending the medical results and our PRPF money..
It is nice to see people getting things turning out okay for them after so much trouble...
Well done!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Jankaan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, firstly congratulations, and now a little info needed!
I am married with 2 children, girl 9 and boy 6. We are hoping to apply through the PNP alberta programme and Dreyton valley has come up as a possibility. I am a regular to canada but have never been to dreyton. Is there plenty to do there, what is the crime like,schooling etc. My daughter is a dancer and I would need to find a dancing school near by, do you know of any in the area. She really isnt too keen on the move unless I can provide her with this. I know canadians are very friendly, does dreyton have a nice family community.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Hi there
pm'd you with loads of info and answers to your questions

hope it helps
Fiona
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for the nice replies people, I hope everything goes well for those of you still on the roller coaster of immigration.

Fiona
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

happylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant future

Fiona

Great Work, Fiona, Well Done! You've obviously been through ups and downs to achieve your goal. Your focus and determination won the day!

All The Very Best!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:05 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Fiona

Being a PR is a great feeling isn't it
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: PR at last!!

It certainly is after the hassles we've had.

Thank you every one for your messages
Fiona
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road

Fiona
Congratulations. Should be easier to simply get on with your life as you look fully settled in AB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.