Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR "Final Request" Annex A address

PR "Final Request" Annex A address

Old Sep 7th 2017, 4:53 am
Just Joined

gingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR "Final Request" Annex A address

Getting close to the finishing line with our PR application. The immigration dept has sent us a "Final Request" email asking for photocopies of passports, official photos, and the completion of "Annex A" which is prompting us for our address.

The problem is, we're moving house (within Calgary) in a month's time so I'm reluctant to put either our current or new address without a good idea of how long the next phase is likely to take.

Any idea on whether putting my work (office) address is acceptable?

Bit of a niche question but if you have any insights I'd like to hear them. (I emailed the immigration dept but their stock response suggests at least a 20 day turnaround on queries.)

Thanks!
Stuart
Old Sep 7th 2017, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Ashley_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR "Final Request" Annex A address

I've been reading about this, I'm still further back in the process than you are, but possible to get a PO BOX based in Calgary?
Old Sep 7th 2017, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

This is the address they send your COPR paperwork to, Once I sent mine all the data off to them it took around 10 days for paperwork to arrive.

A work address is fine, when you land the immigration officer will ask you to write your current address on the COPR paperwork that will be used to send your PR cards.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 2:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
A work address is fine, when you land the immigration officer will ask you to write your current address on the COPR paperwork that will be used to send your PR cards.
Just to say, if it's obviously not a residential address, CIC will ignore it and will use your last known residential address. They won't mail PR cards to non residential addresses, or to places like PO boxes.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

gingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond reputegingerbbm has a reputation beyond repute

when you land
I'm already in Canada so haven't I already landed?

COPR paperwork
What is COPR? Confirmation Of PR?

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
if it's obviously not a residential address, CIC will ignore it
Interesting... just heard from my lawyer that I can put their address on it.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerbbm
I'm already in Canada so haven't I already landed?
No to land land as a PR, you have to exit and enter the country again (with COPR)

What is COPR? Confirmation Of PR?
Exactly.

That's what we did.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you can use the consultant or lawyer's address for receiving COPR: that happens all the the time and others have said, you need to go to a Port of Entry to actually become a PR (even though you are already in Canada) or make an appointment at an Inland office to do so (there will be details with the COPR). Your lawyer will advise.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you can use the consultant or lawyer's address for receiving COPR: that happens all the the time. As others have said, you need to go to a Port of Entry to actually become a PR (even though you are already in Canada) or make an appointment at an Inland office to do so (there will be details with the COPR). Your lawyer will advise.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 5:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerbbm
That's fine - didn't realise you had an immi lawyer! They're your authorised representative, so CIC will post things to them no problem. It's only you that can't use a PO box etc.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

I also received the final request today.

I assume the UK is regarded as visa free with respect to the CIC letter and so I just need to upload the passport photo page photocopies and post the passport photos?

Annoying as I've just landed in Rome so it'll be a rush when I'm home!
Old Sep 8th 2017, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
I also received the final request today.

I assume the UK is regarded as visa free with respect to the CIC letter and so I just need to upload the passport photo page photocopies and post the passport photos?

Annoying as I've just landed in Rome so it'll be a rush when I'm home!
Yes its visa free so no need to send actual passports, just scans and photos.

Congratulations btw I know its been a long time coming for you.
Old Sep 8th 2017, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Thanks all. Lawyers says my work (office) address is also fine so will probably go that route.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes its visa free so no need to send actual passports, just scans and photos.

Congratulations btw I know its been a long time coming for you.
It has been awhile! Thank you