Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Employment records - Missing years

PR Employment records - Missing years

Old Nov 18th 2017, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Billen is an unknown quantity at this point
Question PR Employment records - Missing years

Hi,

Hope you're all having a great weekend so far.

I've seen similar questions being asked before, but wanted to ask again in case something has changed recently.

I'm collecting documents for our PR Application (received ITA) and we're facing a few challenges around the employment records.

I (the main applicant) can prove employment since 2008 (all but 2 years in my main NOC), but can't prove anything before 2008 due to various reasons (missing papers, companies have ceased to trade, etc.).

My wife on the other hand (supporting applicant) can prove employment since 2007, but again facing challenges for the previous years.

As far as I understand, I'm being awarded maximum points for foreign work experience (50 points, 3 years or more plus excellent first language knowledge) without counting those "missing" years and my wife doesn't contribute to the points awarded through any of her employment history.

Am I, therefore, right to believe that if we don't submit anything for those "missing" years and upload a document explaining the reasons why (letter of explanation), this won't have a serious impact on our application?

Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Employment records - Missing years

Assuming you are applying online via my cic? If so then you only enter the details into the work history for the work you can prove and that you are claiming the CRS points for. Everything else can go into personnel history. This way the system will not generate an upload requirement for the work history.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Assuming you are applying online via my cic? If so then you only enter the details into the work history for the work you can prove and that you are claiming the CRS points for. Everything else can go into personnel history. This way the system will not generate an upload requirement for the work history.
Thank you for that, sound sensible and a good solution to our challenge.

Indeed, I'm applying online via the CIC portal. I presume that my logic around the way I'm collecting points (maximum for myself by proving at least 3 years of work in my main NOC and zero for my wife since she's a joint applicant) is correct and therefore by removing those employments from my work history I won't get penalised?

Also, will I still need to submit a letter of explanation telling CIC why I decided to enter them under personal history rather than work history?

Many thanks!
Old Nov 21st 2017, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Billen
Thank you for that, sound sensible and a good solution to our challenge.

Indeed, I'm applying online via the CIC portal. I presume that my logic around the way I'm collecting points (maximum for myself by proving at least 3 years of work in my main NOC and zero for my wife since she's a joint applicant) is correct and therefore by removing those employments from my work history I won't get penalised?

Also, will I still need to submit a letter of explanation telling CIC why I decided to enter them under personal history rather than work history?

Many thanks!
you wont be penalized, the system is actually meant to be used in the way I described its just not very well explained.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
you wont be penalized, the system is actually meant to be used in the way I described its just not very well explained.
Many thanks, much appreciated.