Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Looking to move to Calgary in two years from the UK

Looking to move to Calgary in two years from the UK

Old Aug 19th 2018, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Cleggy1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to move to Calgary in two years from the UK

Hello Everyone,
I am not sure where to begin with this but I shall have a go, I am 29 years old and currently working as an apprentice electrical engineer, in two years time I will have received my NVQ level 2 and 3 in electrical engineering. I have been interested in moving to Canada for a long time, I have been in the British forces with the Royal Navy for 5 years before this change in career. I am looking to move as soon as I have served my three year apprenticeship which does include full time work with 1 day release a week. What are the chances of being able to move over at 31/32 and maybe work as a mechanical engineer whilst getting the qualifications for electrical. We both will have over 10k each to move over with and do understand we will have to start from nothing up again e.g. no credit rating, rent instead of buy etc.

Trying to find the information has been so confusing and hard, I wonder if moving in my 30's would make more of a difference to my 20's. I would appreciate any advice, thank you in advance.
Martin
Old Aug 19th 2018, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Cleggy1989 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I have just posted in another area but I thought I would ask a question here, I have tried to make sense of what has been written above but I think each situation is different for everyone. I am 29, currently working as an apprentice electrical engineer and in two years will have level 2 and 3 NVQ in electrical engineering. I work full time with 1 day release every week, I just wanted to know if the level 3 NVQ in this subject would give me enough points to go live in Calgary after the three years of training. I have worked from 16 and have just left the Royal Navy after 5 years, I have always wanted to live in Canada since visiting. Any help would be appreciated.

Martin

Originally Posted by Cleggy1989
Hi all,

I have just posted in another area but I thought I would ask a question here, I have tried to make sense of what has been written above but I think each situation is different for everyone. I am 29, currently working as an apprentice electrical engineer and in two years will have level 2 and 3 NVQ in electrical engineering. I work full time with 1 day release every week, I just wanted to know if the level 3 NVQ in this subject would give me enough points to go live in Calgary after the three years of training. I have worked from 16 and have just left the Royal Navy after 5 years, I have always wanted to live in Canada since visiting. Any help would be appreciated.

Martin
Just wanted to say I meant as this is an apprenticeship and not college studied then does this change anything.

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 19th 2018 at 8:08 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2018, 8:07 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move to Calgary in two years from the UK

Moved your two posts so that you can get relevent responses rather than responses meant for other people.