PR Card Nightmare

Old Aug 11th 2016, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Card Nightmare

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I totally understand.

Who are you calling, the 'Misinformation' line? If so, bear in mind that they are not trained Immigration officers, they are just clerks reading from a script for the most part. You could ask for a supervisor to call you but I doubt they will.

I had the same experience with the Call Centre - the majority just went through the motions, one or two were actually helpful and empathetic (one even told me to contact the Minister of Immigration).

you get it sorted.

Once you have got the PR card, you might want to make a formal complaint.

Anyone know how to go about this?

Probably just lead to a generic copy & pasted response though same as every other avenue

Last edited by energysolutions; Aug 11th 2016 at 4:57 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

EnergyS: what has your MP DONE/what is your MP DOING about the case?

While it is "normal" (for abnormal values of normal) for PR card applications to sometimes take WELL over the published limits for no apparent reasons, your wife's card issuance does seem to be pushing the limits.

Why has your wife not (or perhaps she has?) already submitted a complaint (with all details & copies of all documents) to CIC, CC'd to MP & possibly also to the local media...?
Old Aug 11th 2016, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
EnergyS: what has your MP DONE/what is your MP DOING about the case?

While it is "normal" (for abnormal values of normal) for PR card applications to sometimes take WELL over the published limits for no apparent reasons, your wife's card issuance does seem to be pushing the limits.

Why has your wife not (or perhaps she has?) already submitted a complaint (with all details & copies of all documents) to CIC, CC'd to MP & possibly also to the local media...?
We met the MP`s representative, she made some enquiries and it was left that if the card hadn't showed up by a certain point we were to let her know and she would submit some forms on our behalf

Ultimately the card (this is at the second attempt when the card was made correctly) was posted I am told but it never made it to us so after 6 weeks passed I contacted CIC who told us what forms needed to be submitted to apply for a replacement (could be mailed or faxed - we did both as I have zero confidence in these people)

I chose to proceed without the help of my MP from a "vibe" I got - there were a few things that made me decide this, for example she pretty much argued that it wasn't possible that we could have a PR card based on the timeframe we were in Canada and when we applied (think she wasn't up to speed on Express Entry) despite us showing her COPR - stuff like that.

Was it the right decision, don't know but as time wears on I find that my gut feeling is a good gauge.

Regarding the complaint - I/we have submitted several - total waste of time in my eyes. I have yet to get so much as a non generic email back. Same with the Case Specific Enquiry - total waste of time.

I`m just off the phone (40 minute conversation) with CIC again, based on what they've just said my case (at best) will break the year barrier before we see the card and from experience I wonder if we`ll ever have it. Once again the CIC representative didn't have a superior to speak with and he offered to send me the link to submit feedback (thats the only thing you can do apparently) which I politely declined for the reasons I`ve already mentioned

I mentioned that I have just booked a trip back to the UK and need the card for reentry - he said he was sure it would have arrived by then (I wish I could share his confidence) but if it didn't we could still leave and go to the Canadian embassy while in the UK for a solution (so drop a day minimum on our trip to deal with this BS some more - as if we haven't enough already)

I actually don't even like thinking about this anymore as I can feel myself getting up tight.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 6:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by energysolutions
The worst part is dealing with these people - I would challenge anyone to take the journey I just have and tell me they do their best. Even a broken clock gets it right twice a day.
I doubt you'll get many takers.
...the response (looks generic cut & pasted) pretty much sums it all up...
Very likely

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Once you have got the PR card, you might want to make a formal complaint.
Anyone know how to go about this?

Probably just lead to a generic copy & pasted response though same as every other avenue
Sadly, quite likely.

Without going over the details, CIC made a series of errors on my spousal application in 2004. It should have been a formality resulting in PR by April 2005, but it wasn't. Rather than have an appeal take years, and taking legal advice, I made a second application (in country this time) - involving further fees and ultimately further medical fees as the first was out of time by then.

By then I was in possession of a letter from CIC apologising for their error and telling me how they should have proceeded right at the beginning. But they made no effort to right the wrong.

On the second application I added a letter to suggest that in view of their errors and apology that they could simply correct what went wrong on the first application and redo it rather than go through it all again.

No response at all.

Once PR came through, July 2007, I complained to the then immigration minister suggesting that I should at least be refunded the additional fees their errors had caused.

He sent my letter on and rather than have any investigation CIC simply sent out a standard letter, outlining the usual process for applications.

Absolutely zero accountability.

Regarding the complaint - I/we have submitted several - total waste of time in my eyes. I have yet to get so much as a non generic email back. Same with the Case Specific Enquiry - total waste of time.

I actually don't even like thinking about this anymore as I can feel myself getting up tight.
It's hard to let go. That's why I didn't go into detail again because it will all come flooding back.

You just have to see it through and forget about it when it's done.

It's a noble thought to think you might be able to save stress for others later, but I fear it just doesn't work that way with Canadian bureaucracy.

I become eligible for OAS next year. Official advice is to apply between 6 and 11 months before the qualifying birthday. Why on earth should it take that long?

Here's an extract from the guide. It's very blunt. There's no "unfortunately this means..." or any conciliatory language.

Just "if it's missing...it won't be accepted..."

And who the hell is responsible for it missing but their own bleedin' staff?
Attached Thumbnails PR Card Nightmare-oas.jpg  
Old Aug 11th 2016, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Energysolutions, you are suffering from raging CIC incompetence.

We finally got my daughter's card abut 3 weeks ago.

As for our written complaint, I can only assume it has been summarily ignored.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 12:59 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix
As for our written complaint, I can only assume it has been summarily ignored.
Heads, summarily ignored - Tails summarily dismissed.
Old Nov 7th 2016, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Update:

My wife finally got her card, it took 13 months for something which is supposed to take 2

Government incompetence at its finest. I truly hope none of you have to experience what we did constantly chasing the CIC regarding this but, sadly, I expect at least some of you will

Good luck! You`ll need it!
Old Nov 8th 2016, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Good Luck is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear you are having such trouble. This sounds frustratingly familiar although my situation was much quicker to resolve. After an 8 year wait to get my PR, I finally made it to Canada at the end of April this year. By this time my faith in CIC was ruined after years of being treated unfairly. I thought the struggles were finally over!

When my PR card didn't show up after 3 months, I followed up promptly because my boyfriend's Dad was very ill back in the UK. The person on the phone did not care and gave the bulk standard reply that it had just been sent and I had to wait until 6 weeks had passed before declaring it lost. My boyfriends dad passed away and I was unable to attend the funeral with just 4 days off work and no time to sort a PR travel document in the UK.

I declared my card lost on September 6th - the first day possible after the 6 weeks, only to be told there is now a 3 month processing period for lost cards!!! Longer than it should take to get a new card! I therefore missed a planned trip this month to the UK before having a baby. It is insanely frustrating to have our lives in their hands like this and to receive the standard replies on the phone with not an ounce of compassion for personal circumstances. Out of the blue, my original card showed up in the post recently, but i'm not too pregnant to make my planned trip. I feel for you and hope it works out soon.