PR card documents (COPR received)

Old Sep 17th 2017, 5:24 am
Just Joined

bains_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR card documents (COPR received)

Hi all,

I am confused by whether I need to send my passport to get the PR card.

The WWW says check using link - when I do, it says I need an ETA. (I'm from UK, and currently in UK).

I think this means I don't need a visa and therefore can upload the scan of passport using MyCIC.

There is no contact info on the actual letter to confirm this.
Can anyone help?

Thanks
Emma
Old Sep 17th 2017, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR card documents (COPR received)

Normally UK citizens holding UK passports only send a copy of the passport to get the COPR. You don't get the PR card until you formally land in Canada. The eTA is issued in conjunction with the COPR.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

I dont understand what you are asking. Have you avtually received your COPR (as you thread title says)? If so then you do not need to send anyone your passport or a copy. All you have to do is land in Canada and declare PR to the CBSA guy, wave your COPR and passport at them and they will complete the process.

If you have a redidential address in Canada, you give them that, then 60 - 80 days later your PR card arrives. They do not take your passport, you get to keep that with the copy COPR that they give you.

Lots about the process on the wiki pages on this site.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

ah!
Thank you both for your swift replies. I misunderstood I have the letter asking for the photos and passport to be sent. Hurlabrick - i think this is the step "Final Documents"

I have thanks to your pointers checked the Wiki and have now sorted it all. Only photos and a copy of Passport to be sent.

I think I am going to allow myself to be excited now.
:-)
Old Sep 17th 2017, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bains_1
ah!
Thank you both for your swift replies. I misunderstood I have the letter asking for the photos and passport to be sent. Hurlabrick - i think this is the step "Final Documents"

I have thanks to your pointers checked the Wiki and have now sorted it all. Only photos and a copy of Passport to be sent.

I think I am going to allow myself to be excited now.
:-)
Ah - OK. Then as FL said, it is not uncommon for the final stage / step to be a request for new photos and a copy of the passport bio page (for visa exempt applicants). It should say which if you read the text of the request carefully.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Hi guys I posted this separately - but wondered if anyone could help.

I have no upload fields in mycic account so I'm planning on posting as if I were not using My CIC.
Do you think this will cause delays?

Emma
Old Sep 19th 2017, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, that's common. The photos have to be mailed anyway, so just stick the photocopy and form in with them.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Fabulous. Thank you