Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Application througth Express Entry_My CIC

PR Application througth Express Entry_My CIC

Old Jan 13th 2017, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR Application througth Express Entry_My CIC

Hi all,

As I have now received my ITA (in a record 7 days) I am now in the process of completing the application and uploading documents via the my CIC web application.

As part of the express entry pool application, me as the principal applicant, and hence used in the CRS scoring system we stated my wifes work history but only her 1 year here in Canada added to our points.

On completing the document checklist they are now asking for employment records/references for her complete work history. We can obtain the one for her current work in Canada, so can prove the 5 points obtained nut the others are going to be complicated if not impossible to obtain. Can we upload letters of explanation stating these cannot be obtained?

Also my wife uses her married name and maiden name for different things for instance passport hasn't needed renewal so name not changed but BC ID is in married name. We have to upload marriage certificate anyway. Again can we use a letter of explanation to this effect with reference to the marriage certificate and other documents already uploaded.

Cheers all
Old Jan 13th 2017, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Application througth Express Entry_My CIC

Letters of explanation are the way to go, but I would recommend at least attempting to get employment records/references for her complete work history, unless the companies don't exist any more.

It only takes a letter or an email.

I managed to get them for all of my previous employers - all you normally get is a letter back confirming that you worked there and what your job title was/were, plus hours and salary and a contact for CIC to check if necessary. They won't always provide the full information requested.

I sent a Word template, so that the companies only needed to transfer it to their letterhead and add the missing info. Some of them used my template, some didn't.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix
Letters of explanation are the way to go, but I would recommend at least attempting to get employment records/references for her complete work history, unless the companies don't exist any more.

It only takes a letter or an email.

I managed to get them for all of my previous employers - all you normally get is a letter back confirming that you worked there and what your job title was/were, plus hours and salary and a contact for CIC to check if necessary. They won't always provide the full information requested.

I sent a Word template, so that the companies only needed to transfer it to their letterhead and add the missing info. Some of them used my template, some didn't.
Yea, we are going to try but I don't hold out too much hope. Just seems strange they ask for them all regardless of which are used for proving points.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 6:42 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix
Letters of explanation are the way to go,
Yep LOE is pretty useful. Mine was over 20 pages with screenshots and information.

I did my template for each reference (I had 3 to get) but I filled each one out with the exact job duties, hours, salary and job title for each job and then just got HR representative to check them and then put on headed paper and sign.

Two of the references came back fine with no issues, the other refused to put full job duties in as they didn't want it going over two pages (despite the fact it already had). I then just added the job duties page that was on headed paper that was used to apply for the job (i keep all
that stuff).
Old Jan 13th 2017, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks all,

I am not too worried as I have all the documents needed to prove the points. Next step medicals
Old Jan 14th 2017, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Yep LOE is pretty useful. Mine was over 20 pages with screenshots and information.

I did my template for each reference (I had 3 to get) but I filled each one out with the exact job duties, hours, salary and job title for each job and then just got HR representative to check them and then put on headed paper and sign.

Two of the references came back fine with no issues, the other refused to put full job duties in as they didn't want it going over two pages (despite the fact it already had). I then just added the job duties page that was on headed paper that was used to apply for the job (i keep all
that stuff).
Excellent advice/idea.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

If I am understanding you correctly ... I would be asking myself what the company would say if IRCC contacted them about the reference letter/job duties and asked them if this is what they had signed.

S
Old Jan 14th 2017, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
If I am understanding you correctly ... I would be asking myself what the company would say if IRCC contacted them about the reference letter/job duties and asked them if this is what they had signed.

S
One would assume that if both EE applicant & the company providing/signing the references are bone fide, there wouldn't be a problem?
Old Jan 14th 2017, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

It's just that my problem with this is imagining myself in the position of the person who wrote and signed the letter. If I was presented with an extra page in addition to what I had written and explicitly asked if this is what I had written and signed, I would have some difficulty with this.

I'm trying to put this is in a nice way. I just wouldn't do it.

S
Old Jan 14th 2017, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's just that my problem with this is imagining myself in the position of the person who wrote and signed the letter. If I was presented with an extra page in addition to what I had written and explicitly asked if this is what I had written and signed, I would have some difficulty with this.

S
Ah, ok, ISWYM. I missed the reference to "adding an extra page".
Old Jan 14th 2017, 7:35 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

S
If you are talking about the extra job duties I added. I had email proof from hr person that I included in my LOE with his written permission to include the job duties. I screenshot all email correspondence with him and included it in my application.

The guy was extremely unhelpful despite me doing the work for him so I wanted to make sure he wasn't the one that caused me to get my application rejected.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Great. ☺ It's just you didn't say that originally so I understood differently.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 7:39 pm
Bex in the city

Great. ☺ It's just you didn't say that originally.
Sorry I think I was in a rush when I posted originally.

I would always advise including any email evidence to back up information if appropriate.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Sorry I think I was in a rush when I posted originally.
Yes I know that one!