PR after Saskatchewan PNP

Old Sep 15th 2007, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

the davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nice
Default PR after Saskatchewan PNP

Hi all wonder if any one could help me. We have just got out PNP here in Saskatchewan which was sent in Feb 07, and I need to know where the best place to submit our PR is? Our immigration consultant said she was going to send it to Buffalo but after reading many many threads on here I'm wondering if London is an option and if it is quicker?

We are British and we first came here on TWP back in December 06. I have looked on the CIC site but from what I can make out it looks like Buffalo has the shorter timescale for PR processing after PNP's.

Time isnt really an issue because OH has 2 year TWP which doesnt run out until Dec 08 and I was lucky enough to get an Open one. But it would be nice to get this all over with so we can relax and enjoy the wonderful life we are having here.

Apologies if the answer is right here in front of me.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 8:45 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR after Saskatchewan PNP

Originally Posted by the davis family
Hi all wonder if any one could help me. We have just got out PNP here in Saskatchewan which was sent in Feb 07, and I need to know where the best place to submit our PR is? Our immigration consultant said she was going to send it to Buffalo but after reading many many threads on here I'm wondering if London is an option and if it is quicker?

We are British and we first came here on TWP back in December 06. I have looked on the CIC site but from what I can make out it looks like Buffalo has the shorter timescale for PR processing after PNP's.

Time isnt really an issue because OH has 2 year TWP which doesnt run out until Dec 08 and I was lucky enough to get an Open one. But it would be nice to get this all over with so we can relax and enjoy the wonderful life we are having here.

Hello the Davis family....never noticed your other posts on here...we are also going to Saskatchewan on a TWP and hoping to apply for PR through PNP. I thought you had to work in SK for six months before applying, or is this a relatively new rule?
You sound like you love it..thats good to hear.

What jobs do you work at? Is Yorkton a nice area then?

We are hoping to live in Indian Head and my OH has got a job in IPSCO in Regina and I will get a SOWP (I hope)

There are very few of us on here going to or living in SK, so it is nice to add you to the list.

Alison.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

the davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alvic
Hello the Davis family....never noticed your other posts on here...we are also going to Saskatchewan on a TWP and hoping to apply for PR through PNP. I thought you had to work in SK for six months before applying, or is this a relatively new rule?
You sound like you love it..thats good to hear.

What jobs do you work at? Is Yorkton a nice area then?

We are hoping to live in Indian Head and my OH has got a job in IPSCO in Regina and I will get a SOWP (I hope)

There are very few of us on here going to or living in SK, so it is nice to add you to the list.

Alison.
Hi Alison good luck on your move I think you are going to love it in SK, not sure on the ruling but we arrived beginning of Dec and our consultant sent everything off in Feb so I would check that one out.

OH is a machinist here in Yorkton which I might add is just booming I'm glad we came and bought when we did because our house has increased in price by 50% but dont worry about prices in SK they are still way more affordable than a lot of other places.

I work for myself I do lots of little jobs I help a guy with websites he sets up, I also do some data entry for someone else and teach people to ride horses which is a huge passion of mine, my only dissapointment is there arent as many horsey people here as I would of liked, but it's changng seems like half of Alberta has arrived.

Cant understand why more people dont settle here we first wanted to go to Alberta but when comparing the two we realized we would get the life we were after here.

Goodluck!! Debbie
Old Sep 15th 2007, 6:05 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, i can't tell for sk... i'm bcpnp (and not british - which might make a difference in processing time if you need to apply to the office for your home country which would have been paris in my case.)
but... here it works the way that the provincial office sends the pnp-certificate directly to the cic office which processes your case. and therefore the name and address of the cic office as well as the date by which you have to submit your federal application (usually 6 months after nomination) is stated on the lettre of acceptance...

would be worth checking if sk handles it in a similar way. either look for it in your paperwork or check back with your provincial office?

good luck!

Last edited by lof; Sep 15th 2007 at 6:27 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 9:45 pm

Hi Alison good luck on your move I think you are going to love it in SK, not sure on the ruling but we arrived beginning of Dec and our consultant sent everything off in Feb so I would check that one out.

OH is a machinist here in Yorkton which I might add is just booming I'm glad we came and bought when we did because our house has increased in price by 50% but dont worry about prices in SK they are still way more affordable than a lot of other places.

I work for myself I do lots of little jobs I help a guy with websites he sets up, I also do some data entry for someone else and teach people to ride horses which is a huge passion of mine, my only dissapointment is there arent as many horsey people here as I would of liked, but it's changng seems like half of Alberta has arrived.

Cant understand why more people dont settle here we first wanted to go to Alberta but when comparing the two we realized we would get the life we were after here.

Goodluck!! Debbie
Thanks Debbie for the info..its real nice to hear of a family established in such a short time...that says it all.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by lof
sorry, i can't tell for sk... i'm bcpnp (and not british - which might make a difference in processing time if you need to apply to the office for your home country which would have been paris in my case.)
but... here it works the way that the provincial office sends the pnp-certificate directly to the cic office which processes your case. and therefore the name and address of the cic office as well as the date by which you have to submit your federal application (usually 6 months after nomination) is stated on the lettre of acceptance...

would be worth checking if sk handles it in a similar way. either look for it in your paperwork or check back with your provincial office?

good luck!
Thanks to you too Lof...I will check with the immigration office when we get to Regina.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alvic
Thanks to you too Lof...I will check with the immigration office when we get to Regina.

Thanks to both of you for replying Lof I will check it all out when the paperwork arrives from the consultant, she has been very good so far. I will let you all know what happens

It's amazing how fast it all happened, June 06 we decided to look into moving to Canada so we looked at the Skilled Worker Visa but we were short by about 3 points because the only formal qualifications we had was OH's 1 year City and Guilds he did on the old YTS scheme. But a consultant look at our skills and experience and she told us that the best way in was to try PNP. So we booked a trip for the end of Aug 06 to make sure it was where we wanted to go, then started putting CV's out. Within 2 weeks we had two companies wanting to see OH (he is an CNC machinist) then in middle of Jul 06 we submitted another CV this time to a company in SK and they rang the very next day to interview OH over the phone and offered him the job then and there

Luckly with our trip coming up quite soon we decided to check out Yorkton before signing on the dotted line (they emailed the contract the very next day!) We put our house on market it sold three days later and then went to Canada for the last 2 weeks of Aug 06.

Yorkton looked excatly what we were looking for and the company who had hired two english employees already were well established in the City, so we felt confident we were doing the right thing.

So we got back beginning of Sep 06 and by beginning of Dec 06 we were in Yorkton having got in on a 2 year TWP and ready to start our new lives, it was so quick we didnt get time to breath but after a few teething problems we are now very settled and couldnt be happier.

I'm glad we did visit Yorkton in the Summer because when we arrived in Dec I honestly thought we had arrived in the North Pole I have never seen so much snow in all my life, kids had blast though I know we have been very lucky but it will be good when PR finally arrives.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 12:48 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, i missed that you're using a consultant.

thanks for sharing your story - the "speed" in it reminds me of my own... and i took that as a sign that i'm doing the right thing.

good luck for your pr!
Old Sep 16th 2007, 10:38 am

Thanks Debbie for the PM
Old Oct 10th 2007, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Hi you need to be aware that your open visa is still only as good as the length of your partners, I take it you have come via the skilled worker route! The province will advise you where to send your PR application if you are a living here in Canada it will more than likely go to Buffalo, their processing time is improving on a weekly basis.
Best of luck
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

bobt is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in a very similar position to you. We have the 'luxury' of being able to apply either through CIC as a Skilled worker or PNP. I am due to start in january on a TWP and my employer thinks that the PNP route is the way to go. Does anyone know if there is any merit in beginning an application for PR with CIC and then coming in on the PNP at a later date?

Last edited by bobt; Oct 24th 2007 at 12:10 pm. Reason: missed a bit out