Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PPR - Visa Office London - CIC can't upload

PPR - Visa Office London - CIC can't upload

Old Oct 4th 2017, 8:28 am
Just Joined

rebecca9011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PPR - Visa Office London - CIC can't upload

Hello,

I received my PPR on Friday asking me to send my documents to the London Office, i was just looking to get some help on the below:

I want to confirm as a UK citizen i am from a visa exempt country?

It says on my letter to upload the appendix page and the photo page of my passport to my CIC but when i log on there is no upload option for me to do this?

If i can't upload my documents to CIC should i send the appendix page and my passport page copy as phycisal copies to London Office along with my two photographs or is this not allowed?

Do i send with my documents with a special delivery envelope from the royal mail for them to send back COPR?

I would also like to confirm which visa office i should be sending my documents to, the Visa Application Centre in London or the Canadian High Comission, Canada House?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Old Oct 4th 2017, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Steve_0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PPR - Visa Office London - CIC can't upload

Hey Rebecca,

As you are a UK citizen you are correct in assuming visa exempt. You should only need to mail your documents to the Canadian High Comission.

Back In August I had my PPR and went to the CVAC (canadian visa application centre) they just sent my passport with my papers and signed photograph which was returned about a week later (I paid extra for the mailing!). All in all an extra trip to London for me and more expenses .

Edit 'I had the same problem on CIC where I could'nt upload, I've heard this is fairly common.'

As for the Photo I got mine done at Kodak remember they are bigger than the UK ones!

Hope this helps,
Steve
Old Oct 4th 2017, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks for your help!

Will need to look into where can do the correct size photo

Just to confirm i am sending to Canada High Commission at Trafalgar Square and not the CVAC yeah? Do you know what the difference is?

Hoping nothing will jeopardize receiving my COPR as i can't upload the documents.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Steve_0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup send to high commission (Canada House) at Trafalgar.

As far as I am aware the CVAC are am agency 'partnered' with the embassy dealing with queries and sends documents such as passports to the Embassy, when I went there they didn't exactly fill me with hope and wonder.

You should be fine, you have PPR so that is a very positive sign in itself!

Follow the checklist in the 'Ready for VISA' email and ensure you meet the photo standards! (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...f/5445EB-e.pdf)

Then you should be all set

Cheers,
Steve
Old Oct 4th 2017, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sam1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rebecca....we had exactly the same issue. I added a cover letter stated unable to upload to mycic, with copies of passports and photos(correct size) plus the return envelope last Tuesday and our COPR arrived today.
I am sure the VACs are pretty clued up on the fact the mycic site is not infallible. If you read a lot of the threads theyre saying pretty much the same. Send the hard copies!!
Good luck
Old Oct 5th 2017, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your update! Yeah think i will add a cover letter also.

Did you send to the VAC or the VPU Processing (LDN),Canadian High Commission, Canada House, Trafalgar Square? Slightly confused as to where i should be sending my docs? Im thinking Canadian High Commission but now 100%!

Did you also just send a blank A4 envelope with no stamp in your package or did you send a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope? Not sure if i had to do one or the other?

Thanks again!
Old Oct 5th 2017, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Sorry have another question, do you submit just the photo page of your passport or all pages in the passport with the stamps etc?
Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I sent to The VAC processing center Trafalgar square ( the address on the letter ) I only sent the front page as that's all they asked for. I also sent a Royal mail special delivery envelope (a silver plastic bag they're free lol)and addressed it to my home address .
Hope this helps
Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

As a side note if you have any amendments to your passport you need to copy those too ...we didn't so that didn't apply ...just read the letter throughly it's pretty staight forward apart from the fact you can't upload to mycic.