Post ITA document checklist - FSW

Old Feb 19th 2015, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

DrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Post ITA document checklist - FSW

If you anticipate receiving an ITA and want to hit the ground running (aka submitting a complete application within days of receipt of ITA), here is what I needed to submit a complete FSW EE application - I presume this will apply to most people, clearly not all.

Ultimately, your list will depend on what you fill in when you complete the first stage of the online application but some things (in bold) are likely to be universal:

Adult 1 - applicant
Employment records for each job over past 10y
Police cert - each country you have lived in for > 6 m over the age of 18
Marriage cert - if applicable
Offer of employment - if applicable
Proof of financial support - letter from bank / financial institution with list of accounts, account numbers, date account opened, balance of each account over past 6 months
Medical exam proof - emedical info sheet (you request this at time of medical)
Education diploma - as applicable
Digital photo - 1 to upload. I had six each, ready to post for the family at a cost of $300! Crazy prices in Canadialand!
Letter of employment - if applicable
Passport

Adult 2 (spouse)
Police cert
Employment records (as above)
Medical exam proof
Digital photo
Passport

Adult 3 (Child 18-19)
Police cert
Employment record - if applicable
Birth cert
Medical exam proof
Digital photo
Passport

Child
Birth cert
Medical exam proof
Digital photo
Passport

A simple solution to the request for multiple documents to be uploaded as 1 file is to copy and paste jpgs of each document into Word and then save as pdf...easy peasy on the newer versions of Microsoft Word.

I'm sure there are other ways to do this...whatever works.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post ITA document checklist - FSW

I was wondering for these employment documents from previous employers, do they need to have been written within a certain period of time, like in the past year or so? And are they the same requirements on the letter as they were prior to Express Entry?
Old Apr 27th 2015, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

djaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud of

Hi Miss,

I recently received an ITA, and the document list with it. I couldn't find any mention of date or period of time regarding the letters of employment. Nevertheless, here is what they ask for :

You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences.

Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.

The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include
your name,
the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address),
the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company
and a business card of the person signing the letter.

The letter should indicate
all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details:
job title,
duties/responsibilities,
job status (if current job),
the dates you worked for the company,
the number of work hours per week and
Your annual salary plus benefits.

You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file.)

Good luck !

Djaybi
Old Apr 27th 2015, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this information, Djaybi, that's really useful to know. It's very specific the information they want on the letters. I started collecting some, because I had planned to apply before Express Entry came into place, but my occupation wasn't eligible any more when they re-opened for application back then.

What happens if not all the requirements that they state are not met?

That's great news about your ITA, it must be exciting. Good luck with your application and hope it all goes well! Thanks for this information.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

djaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud of

You welcome, I wish too I had this info earlier, I had to ask for some new reference letters and lose some time...

In your case what specific requirements are you talking about ? some of the responsibilities in the job NOC category for instance ?
Old Apr 28th 2015, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hope you've got your letter in good time. Yeah it's not a long time they give for you to submit everything they ask for.

I was thinking about the requirements that they ask for to be on the letter, like your duties and responsibilities, a business card for the person signing the letter. As some past employers Ive had, have a certain policy over what they include on their reference letters and Ive struggled to ask them to include all these specified details. And then I don't think they all have business cards.
Old Apr 30th 2015, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough

None of my husband's employers (hospitals in UK and NZ) would provide what CIC wanted, even when we gave them a pre-written draft. Since this is exactly what previous application was turned down on, and why we're still in this ridiculous waiting game 2 years later we were really worried about it.
Along with the standard letter they did supply (just confirmation of employment, salary basically) i included business card of the hr person, email trail showing us asking for the specified duties to be included and their response that it was impossible. Also a job description from the time he worked there that included all the duties mentioned in the NOC descriptions. We shall see....
Old Apr 30th 2015, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough

... to continue, and copy of email to show that the hr person didn't have a business card.
Old Apr 30th 2015, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah I've had problems too with getting some of my previous employers to provide all that CIC request. And especially for having worked in various places in the past 10 years, its going back quite a long while to get some of this very specific information. I'm a bit worried too since I don't have all these requirements they want on some of my letters, and I don't think a business card was something that they previously asked prior to Express Entry.

Good luck sliam37 with your application, I hope CIC can allow some flexibility on this, as its a bit out of our control what employers would do.