Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to be sponsored by a grandparent who is deceased ?

Is it possible to be sponsored by a grandparent who is deceased ?

Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it possible to be sponsored by a grandparent who is deceased ?

Do you think we've scared off the OP with all our smart ass comments Hopefully not
Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Yes. You need form IMM666 the 'Ouija board form'
You may want to leave it to the pros and file use of a CIC authorized medium form
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:31 am
Just Joined

keylog is an unknown quantity at this point

I think i didn't explain myself properly! I'm looking into a dual passport! My grandfather was a Canadian citizen but died two years ago....will this put me out of luck! I'm glad you all had a giggle though!

love from the future

Marty Mcfly

he he he

xxx
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:34 am
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keylog
I think i didn't explain myself properly! I'm looking into a dual passport! My grandfather was a Canadian citizen but died two years ago....will this put me out of luck! I'm glad you all had a giggle though!

love from the future

Marty Mcfly

he he he

xxx
If Carlsberg did funny jokes they would never be as funny as this one has been.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:43 am
Just Joined

keylog is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i've certainly made a name for myself! ha ha
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Well i've certainly made a name for myself! ha ha
Thanks for the entertainment keylog and other posters.

It did cross my mind that there is a long-shot coming up. Easter is round the corner..I don't suppose he will be resurrected?

You might not get a visa but you'd have grandad back
Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

love from the future

Marty Mcfly

he he he

xxx
Sorry for having a bit of a laugh at your expense, think the question was just a bit unexpected!! Still, nice to get an unusual question around here instead of all the normal ones!

But as I said in a pp, even if your grandfather were alive you still wouldn't have any shot of getting a passport or visa unless you are under 18, an orphan and not married. That's the only way he could have sponsored you, so no chance I'm afraid even if he were alive and definitely not now that he's passed on. Did your mother or father, whichever one was his child, not get dual nationality? That's your only hope, if they did then you've got a chance there.

Otherwise you'll have to try and get to Canada some other way. Best of luck with it.