Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to extend the IEC Working Holiday Visa?

Is it possible to extend the IEC Working Holiday Visa?

Old Sep 8th 2017, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

thombradley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it possible to extend the IEC Working Holiday Visa?

Hey friends,

I'm hoping someone may have some insight into the above question because truth be told, the research that my wife and I have done up to this point has left us a few brain cells lighter and much more confused. We've just passed the half way point in our IEC Visa and we're in the process of our PR application, the only thing about this is that it looks as though we may not be eligible to apply.

Neither my wife nor I achieved the equivalent of a Bachelor's degree which means the other factors in the required criteria only amount up to a mere 350+ points. This means that unless we're able to either find another avenue to follow for residency or we're able to extend out IEC Visa in order to gain more work experience, we're on our way back to the UK (which really isn't an option for us).

So far the only related options that we've been able to find are PNP (but we're not eligible for this either), the Atlantic Immigration Pilot (which won't work as my employers aren't registered in any of these provinces) and the LMIA Visa (but neither of our employers subscribe to this option). With that said, we're now looking to find a way in extending our existing Visa for another year to give us the opportunity to gain further work experience and support our PR application. I wonder if anyone knows if it is possible to acquire a 1 year Working Permit that isn't related to PR. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Thom
Old Sep 8th 2017, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it possible to extend the IEC Working Holiday Visa?

It's not possible to extend IEC visa and it looks like you have identified all the other options open to you.
Old Sep 8th 2017, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it possible to extend the IEC Working Holiday Visa?

An IEC permit can only be extended if IRCC made a mistake when issuing it, or if it was short because your passport was expiring. If your only citizenships are British, then you cannot get another IEC (although, if you have Irish citizenship, or are entitled to somewhere else, you might have options).