Police Certificate from Cuba

Old Nov 12th 2017, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

Froggie1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Certificate from Cuba

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are currently waiting for IRCC to make their decision on our EE application. We are 4 months in and having a lot of trouble with obtaining a police certificate from Cuba. My husband spent 9 months there 16 years ago after he turned 18. We applied for the certificate before we submitted our application, but after receiving ITA. We were told by the Cuban Embassy in London that it will take over a year for them to provide it, so we had to submit the application with a letter of explanation, receipt from the embassy and an email from them that confirmed the time it will take. Two months after the AOR we received a document request asking us to submit Cuban police certificate within 60 days. We called and e-mailed the embassy in London numerous amount of times (they are really bad at replying to emails and never pick up their phones) and finally got an email from them to say that it will still take over a year to obtain the document. We uploaded another letter instead of the certificate in which we explained that it is impossible to get it within that timeframe and asked to make the decision without it. After about a month, we got another request to submit it, now within 30 days. Of course, there is absolutely nothing that we can do to speed up Cuban Embassy, so we are absolutely out of options and don't know what IRCC are expecting us to do.
Has anyone here had a similar experience? I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks in advance and sorry about such a long post.
Julia