Police certificate

Old Dec 9th 2017, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Mani22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police certificate

Hello everyone,

Just want to ask about police certificate. I lived in UK for more then 12 months, the apartment that I lived in was on my flatmates name only, so there was no record of me paying the council tax. Can I have a problem getting the certificate because of this? The council tax for the apartment was always paid on time, I didn't get any summon by the court and I don't have any other criminal conviction.

Thank you.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police certificate

Well if you are declaring that you lived in the UK for over 6 months then you NEED one. It shouldn't be a problem getting one.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...d-kingdom.html
Old Dec 9th 2017, 11:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

There's no requirement to have paid council tax for an ACPO cert. As per the FAQ on the ACPO website, you need proof of your *current* address only, and just to give the UK address.

HTH.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Mani22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for answer, so you think the department who is doing the certificate will not check if I ever paid council tax by the address I will give them?
Thanks
Old Dec 9th 2017, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mani22
Thank you for answer, so you think the department who is doing the certificate will not check if I ever paid council tax by the address I will give them?
Thanks

I ...

No.

The police will check if you have a police record.

It's not a council tax payment history check.