Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

CONGRATULATIONS!!! All the medical places in the Vancouver area can get you in really quick. Good luck, it won't be long before you get your passport request too
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

syeven is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by live to ski
When I got into work this morning there was our Medical Request letter from Buffalo sat in my in-tray!!! 4 weeks and 2 days after we sent PR application off.

A few phone calls later, and My L2S and I have appointments for our medicals at 7.40am on Monday morning!!! That's exactly 5 weeks after PR applications sent off.

So that's our new WP, and med requests in 10 days, plus a holiday to the sun in 3 weeks - life is feeling good at the moment!!!

(I'll resist anymore exclaimation marks)

Time to update my timeline.......
Congratulations! We have very similar timelines- My medical was done last Tuesday so they should have sent it to London by now. It will be interesting to see which office gets the job done faster- London or Buffalo. Still no sign of my WP from Vegreville which is annoying but hopefully the passport request will arrive before christmas - I'm going back to the UK for the holidays and the majority of January so the plan is to visit CHC in person. Fingers crossed for us all.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

We're practically the same timeline. come on Buffalo!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light

Just to let you know that we are now permanent residents of Canada!!

Our visas arrive back on Friday and we landed yesterday

Some friends of ours came to celebrate, we're still buzzing today

Can't believe its finally over, 6 months from start to finish is excellent, thumbs up to the London CIC office

Good luck to all those waiting, it's a great feeling

Mel
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Big congrats mel!!!

How was the landing experience? Which POE did you got to?

We got our UK police checks back on Friday, and had our medicals done this AM so are whizzing along now!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

The landing experience was fine, exciting! Some friends came with us so it was good to celebrate. It only took about 20 minutes to process the paperwork. We landed at the Huntington border crossing at Sumas. You can't land at the Aldergrove border as there is no immigration office there.

Keep us posted on your progress, sending you some PPR dust your way
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mels123
Just to let you know that we are now permanent residents of Canada!!

Our visas arrive back on Friday and we landed yesterday

Some friends of ours came to celebrate, we're still buzzing today

Can't believe its finally over, 6 months from start to finish is excellent, thumbs up to the London CIC office

Good luck to all those waiting, it's a great feeling

Mel
Congrats to you! 6 months is pretty impressive. I'm sure it's a huge weight off your shoulders. Good luck with the next step whatever that may be.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Keep us posted on your progress, sending you some PPR dust your way
Thanks for the PPR dust!!

Good luck with the next step whatever that may be.
We'll all be contacting each other in a few years to get help on the citizenship test, or maybe even signing the song together at the same ceremony!

Syeven - maybe we can car share / pool down to the boarder if we both land around the same time!!!
Old Oct 31st 2007, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

leafmaple is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone applied for Alberta PNP?
How long does the employer take to get approved ? My employer sent our application seven weeks ago. Still no reply yet.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of

Hi everyone, I am so jealous!!

We are doing NSPNP and had our medicals in Leeds at the end of September before we went to NS for a holiday (and to start doing up our house)!

Heard nothing since, I know it's not long, but friends of ours that had their medicals done a week earlier than us in Halifax,NS have had their visa requests through over a week ago, aaagh, god I'm rubbish at waiting!!

Fingers crossed it's just our rubbish post system and we will hear soon...

PS Does anyone know how often people who had gone as far as the medicals would be refused a visa? My hubby is worried - he always expects the worst - but I reckon we must be 95% of the way there?

Thanks!
Rachel
Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:12 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rach_woz99
PS Does anyone know how often people who had gone as far as the medicals would be refused a visa? My hubby is worried - he always expects the worst - but I reckon we must be 95% of the way there?

Thanks!
Rachel
if you don't have a medical issue that would a) be dangerous to the canadian public health or b) a probable strain on the canadian health / wellfare system (your dmp would have given you a hint about that, if it would be the case...), haven't been related with activities which would pose a security problem in canada (you didn't actively support bin laden, did you? ), and didn't misrepresent your case (ie cic finds out that you lied about your qualifications)... you are practically here (ok, i mean there - at the other edge of this continent )
i'd say your ppr is a matter of maximum a few weeks.

btw canada post isn't much better - without striking... i'm waiting for my pr card. and since it's 6 weeks from the date i landed and the canadian partner of my shipping company asked for it yesterday, i gave cic a call this morning. cpc sidney posted my lettre on october 15th... which makes it more than two weeks mailing time :curse:
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Clazza is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I ask you guys how receptive you found your employers were when you approached them about PNP? After loads of research we're thinking a BUNAC application - job - then hopefully a PNP is the route we're going to try, but I'd be interested to know whether employers take a lot of convincing?

I'm in public relations and OH is in broadcast management. Our jobs are on NOC, and we would score enough points for a skilled worker application, but it seems ridiculous to wait 5 years for that when at the moment we have no ties here, no house to sell and can be really flexible!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clazza
Can I ask you guys how receptive you found your employers were when you approached them about PNP? After loads of research we're thinking a BUNAC application - job - then hopefully a PNP is the route we're going to try, but I'd be interested to know whether employers take a lot of convincing?

I'm in public relations and OH is in broadcast management. Our jobs are on NOC, and we would score enough points for a skilled worker application, but it seems ridiculous to wait 5 years for that when at the moment we have no ties here, no house to sell and can be really flexible!
I guess it depends but my Employers were very happy to help out in any way they could. Working for a big corporate company may make it hard though but then I could be wrong.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Clazza

I spoke about it very breifly in the interview and my employer simply said,"while you have a visa, you can work for us. If the PNP doesn't work out, you have to leave." It was as simple as that. Just explain that it doesnt cost them anything and if they need further convincing, show them your research. Being in PR, I'm sure you'll find the words!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:40 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by syeven
Just explain that it doesnt cost them anything and if they need further convincing, show them your research.

there are costs involved in bcpnp strategic occupations - it's just a matter of who covers them. the company, the applicant or the province...

Provincial Nominee Program: Strategic Occupations
Processing Fee

There is a $550 non-refundable processing fee that must accompany each application to the Strategic Occupations component of the BC PNP. If the fee is not submitted with your application package, your application will not be accepted for processing.

The processing fee is waived for Registered Nurses and Registered Psychiatric Nurses recruited through Health Match BC.

http://www.ecdev.gov.bc.ca/ProgramsA...cessingfee.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.