Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Old Jan 16th 2011, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all
Default Re: PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Hi Guys

just wanted to say welcome and good luck

kae
Originally Posted by KeithSonja
1) Provincial office where applied: Regina, SK
2) Date when application was POSTED: 22/06/2010
3) Date when they received the application: 24/06/2010
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?: Further info request from us 09/12/2010 - They Called employer 17/12/2010 to confirm job offer.
5) Date when decision made or received?: Still waiting......
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing?
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted?
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kmcguinness
Hi Guys

just wanted to say welcome and good luck

kae
Hi Kae

Thank you - hopefully are nomination will come soon and we can update our timeline!
Old Feb 9th 2011, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice

It's been almost a month since my file has been transferred to Detroit but haven't heard anything from Detroit itself. Would it be futile to send them an email or should I just wait for 90 days before going to inquire as per instruction on their last email?
Old Feb 10th 2011, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

Just to update info......

4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?: Further info request from us 09/12/2010 - They Called employer 17/12/2010 to confirm job offer.
5) Date when decision made or received?: 28/01/2011
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside Canada
Old Feb 12th 2011, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Vbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really nice
Default ~

Originally Posted by KeithSonja
Just to update info......

5) Date when decision made or received?: 28/01/2011
Congrats! Now apply to CIC!

I'm still waiting for PPR, Med sent Sep 2 and nothing after that!

Anyone in the same timeline?

I'm sick of waiting
Old Feb 28th 2011, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

j-dizzle is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks like BC PNP may be my route into Canada, so I have a few questions.
How effective is this route ? Do many people get refused?
What type of job would be needed/ have a good chance of being accepted?
What is the timeline like ?

Hope I can get some answers.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all
Default Re: ~

Hi Guys

I received a letter from Buffalow, it was posted on feb 18th arrived March 3rd, saying

'we have completed the review on your application, you do not require an interview, we require the following documents within 90days of this letter'

they want police checks for my step-kids from the UK
Im so thankful for a reply and that it wasnt any worse, been so worried like the rest of us in the queue, so its going to take a month to get them police certs back to me, in the mean time we are moving house so i need to tell them about that, just my luck items will get lost in the mail or go to the wrong address

good luck everyone

kae

Originally Posted by Vbomb
Congrats! Now apply to CIC!

I'm still waiting for PPR, Med sent Sep 2 and nothing after that!

Anyone in the same timeline?

I'm sick of waiting
Old Mar 5th 2011, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Vbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really nice

Hi Guys

I received a letter from Buffalow, it was posted on feb 18th arrived March 3rd, saying

'we have completed the review on your application, you do not require an interview, we require the following documents within 90days of this letter'

Im so thankful for a reply and that it wasnt any worse, been so worried like the rest of us in the queue, so its going to take a month to get them police certs back to me, in the mean time we are moving house so i need to tell them about that, just my luck items will get lost in the mail or go to the wrong address

good luck everyone

kae
Thank you for your updates kae

Our timelines are nearly identical! I also received a letter on Feb 18th asking for my police certificates from one of the countries I used to live in...I got someone to get it for me, FedExed it international from Europe, translated by a certified translator and then shipped it off to Buffalo, delivered March 1st. This process alone was about $300!!!

Tip: Use a courier! FedEx, UPS or whatever you have, NEVER use Canada post. They misplaced my PNP certification and they're located in Vancouver as well!

Here's my complete timeline:

PNP Applied Feb 09 '10
PNP Approved Mar 23
App reached Buffalo May 10
Cheque cashed Jun 18
AOR/Med request Sep 1
Med Aug 17
Add' docs requested Sep 7
Add' docs sent Sep 22
IA & PCC requested Feb 16 '11
PCC sent: Mar 1

Once you get the police certificate in, the wait is about 1 -2 months judging from other applicants

Keep us updated, good luck!
Old Mar 5th 2011, 3:08 pm
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light

Hey, does anyone know what, specific, email address they send details from? I've set my spam filters on Gmail to ignore anything from *.gc.ca, but want to be even more safe.

EDIT: Still heard nothing
Old Mar 5th 2011, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by j-dizzle
It looks like BC PNP may be my route into Canada, so I have a few questions.
How effective is this route ? Do many people get refused?
What type of job would be needed/ have a good chance of being accepted?
What is the timeline like ?

Hope I can get some answers.
I arrived here via BC PNP... see my timeline at the bottom of my post, but it took about 6 months in total. Have a look on the BC PNP website for a list of jobs that qualify.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 5:31 pm
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by minimeeze
I arrived here via BC PNP... see my timeline at the bottom of my post, but it took about 6 months in total. Have a look on the BC PNP website for a list of jobs that qualify.
General opinion is times have increased to almost double that now (which is bad news for me)
Old Mar 6th 2011, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice

Hi Guys

good luck everyone

kae
That's very good news Kae. We haven't heard anything since our file has been transferred to Detroit. I'll be patiently waiting till next month which will be 90 days since I have received that email in January. I have emailed them since my file has been transferred to Detroit but they totally ignored it. Keep us posted and good luck in your final hurdles.

Last edited by DESERTFOX; Mar 6th 2011 at 2:24 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DESERTFOX
That's very good news Kae. We haven't heard anything since our file has been transferred to Detroit. I'll be patiently waiting till next month which will be 90 days since I have received that email in January. I have emailed them since my file has been transferred to Detroit but they totally ignored it. Keep us posted and good luck in your final hurdles.
thank you thankyou DF, i am sending the paperwork to my mum tomorrow, she will forward on in the uk, if all goes to plan, step-son will bring police checks with him when he flies out on april 3rd, of course using fed-ex and the quicker assessment of the police checks in the uk.

hang in their you should hear something soon, they responded to 1 of the 3 of my pestering emails
Old Mar 6th 2011, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey VBomb, as you say our timelines are uncanny,

i shall be using fedex etc as i recently had my birthday and for the 3rd occasion in 2 months canada post didnt deliver my mail from the uk, i was so looking forward to cards from home, so i shall not be trusting them with anything related to my PNP application !

good luck with the rest of the process and i shall keep you all posted

k

Originally Posted by Vbomb
Thank you for your updates kae

Our timelines are nearly identical! I also received a letter on Feb 18th asking for my police certificates from one of the countries I used to live in...I got someone to get it for me, FedExed it international from Europe, translated by a certified translator and then shipped it off to Buffalo, delivered March 1st. This process alone was about $300!!!

Tip: Use a courier! FedEx, UPS or whatever you have, NEVER use Canada post. They misplaced my PNP certification and they're located in Vancouver as well!

Here's my complete timeline:

PNP Applied Feb 09 '10
PNP Approved Mar 23
App reached Buffalo May 10
Cheque cashed Jun 18
AOR/Med request Sep 1
Med Aug 17
Add' docs requested Sep 7
Add' docs sent Sep 22
IA & PCC requested Feb 16 '11
PCC sent: Mar 1

Once you get the police certificate in, the wait is about 1 -2 months judging from other applicants

Keep us updated, good luck!
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 3:11 am
Britnadian

Just got a "File Transferred to Seattle" email... not a passport request, but makes me feel like things are ticking along.

How long do Seattle normally take to ask for Passports?!

Update:
1) Provincial office where applied: BC
2) Date when application was POSTED: 27th January 2010
3) Date when they received the application: 27th January 2010 (same day courier)
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?: Not that I know of
5) Date when decision made or received?: Decision made on 8th April 2010, they accidentally told me over the phone on ~20th April, finally got the package (after another copy was sent) on 1st May 2010
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?Inside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Working for employer, was one-year BUNAC visa, now on Temporary Work Permit
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Still waiting........

PR Application Sent: 31st May 2010
Reciept Recieved: 15th November 2010 (date stamp on reciept said 26th October 2010)
Medical Appointment: 22nd November 2010
File Transferred to Seattle: 22nd March 2011
Still waiting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.