Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Old Sep 27th 2007, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Originally Posted by RedDragon
Hi,

Can anyone give me an idea of when I should expect to get some sort of initial acknowledgement and file number from BC PNP? They received the application on 5th Sept.

Thanks.
We get confirmation letter and file ref number from BC PNP July 17th so 7 days after they received our application
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

RedDragon will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mels123
I think we heard something about 2-3 weeks after we posted ours. Your employer will also receive a file no.

HTH
Originally Posted by live to ski
We get confirmation letter and file ref number from BC PNP July 17th so 7 days after they received our application
Thanks... Just heard the company received the confirmation letter and file number today! (typical - just after I posted a question about it! )

1) Provincial office where applied: BC
2) Date when application was POSTED: 5th Sept 2007 (Courier)
3) Date when they received the application: 5th Sept 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Company received confirmation letter and file number 27th Sept 2007.
5) Date when decision made or received?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing?
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted?
9) Where was WP application sent, eg, Vegreville or PoE?
10) How long for WP?
11) PR applicaiton submitted?
12) aor CIC?
13) Med requests?
14) Meds taken?
15) Landed?
16) anything else?
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mels123
Hi Live to Ski

Can you let me know how you stay covered with MSP if your work permit has expired? Did you have to send copies of the application for the new work permit to MSP?

We are waiting for PPR but we'll have to apply for work permit extension while we wait, and don't want to be without MSP cover.

You should still get your medical requests even without the police checks, my friend did.

Good luck!
No idea about MSP.

Have been sh!tting myself about this implied status milarky. Mr Live to Ski and our BC PNP case officer keep reassuring me but still.......

Also, I don't know what it means about our RSP contributions. Coast Captial have been phoning me every week since the day our BUNAC visas ran out asking when we can go in with our new SIN cards.

I'll be the first in line at Service Canada when our new WP come through, and will keep you all posted about MSP.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mrs Live to Ski

I spoke to someone at MSP today, basically we won't be covered until we can fax a copy of our new work permit or visa! I asked if we could send a copy of our application for extension and proof postage but they said no, it has to be the actual work permit. So basically if you need to see the doctor, you will have to pay, but if you can prove that you were covered when your new permit comes, you can claim the money back, so keep any receipts
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks mels123

Just another headache.......sigh......
Old Sep 28th 2007, 12:56 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the thread, reddragon! and all the best for your application(s).

our bcpnp aor was dated exactly a week after we sent the application and was in the mail three days later. a day after that (in other words ten days after application sent) my boss got the fax that they nominated me. then canada post took nearly two weeks to deliver the confirmation of acceptance (sometimes vancouver and the comox valley seem to be on different planets) ...

that was back in february 2007 though. and since bcpnp's own estimated time until nomination is five to eight weeks: take my time line with a pinch of salt.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:05 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the info mels. it doesn't affect me - but it is good to know anyway. i was told that they (or at least some of the staff there) even don't accept copr... so i'm still a temporary resident for them (my wp was valid until end of march 2009) until my pr-card arrives.

live to ski, not sure about rsp but i think it works similar to the msp: once you have your new wp your account should be handled like you'd have never been on implied status. that they want to see your new wp has more to do with their wanting to make sure that all is on the legal side.
nevertheless: fingers crossed that cic hurries up.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

killbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Hi,

I've sent completed documents to my employer, as he wanted to add papers from that end. Employer received the documents on 18th July 2007. This is under skilled worker category.

I don't know when he posted them to BC PNP. But so far no response from BC PNP.

Can I contact the BC PNP directly or wait until I receive a file number.

Guys can you please also post whcih part of BC you are going to and under which category. So far this forum is very helpful and answered most of my questions and I thought this info may help others.

Good Luck
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

I was already working for my employer in Vancouver (came over on BUNAC student WP) and handled everything myself, although my employer had to actually technically submit the application.

We're in Vancouver as engineers on the BC PNP skilled worker scheme.

You can phone BC PNP, but it is pretty fruitless without a file # or a reference # from a courier etc.

It might be worth asking your employer for the date of postage etc. and ask to be kept informed of all progress with the applicaiton.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

killbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the roughkillbill is a jewel in the rough

Thanks very much for quick reply. E-mailed employer for more details.
Thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

1) Provincial office where applied: NS
2) Date when application was POSTED: Monday 20th October 2007
3) Date when they received the application: Tuesday 21th October 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Recieved E-mail thanking for me for my application. Was given file number and told that my app' would be assesed in "Due Course".
5) Date when decision made or received? Still waiting........
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Inside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Working for employer on one-year BUNAC visa.
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Still waiting........
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that roxye3 - I knew Canada was in several different time zones, but I didn't realise that NS was 3 weeks ahead of BC!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

syeven is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a bit of work in progress, so please feel free to alter the below to meet your situation....

1) Provincial office where applied: BC
2) Date when application was POSTED: Monday 9th July 2007
3) Date when they received the application: Tuesday 10th July 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? OH was called by BC PNP when he submitted his application a day after mine as he was already on their system as common-law on mine (we're just covering all bases by both applying). We thought it VERY helpful of them to check this
5) Date when decision made or received? 15th August 2007
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Inside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Working for employer on one-year BUNAC visa.
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Will let you know
9) Where was WP application sent, eg, Vegreville or PoE? Vegreville, 10th Sept 2007
10) How long for WP? still waiting but now on implied status as BUNAC visa has expired
11) PR applicaiton submitted? 17th Sept 2007 to Buffalo. Minus UK Police checks as BC PNP advised that these can follow, but best to get inline
12) aor CIC?
13) Med requests?
14) Meds taken?
15) Landed?
16) anything else?
Just a quick update.

Date when application was POSTED: Thursday 28th June 2007
3) Date when they received the application: Friday 29th June2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? They called to say one of the forms was missing and called a week later to ask my employer more detailed questions about my role
5) Date when decision made or received? July 20th Approved!!!
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Still waiting.
9) Where was WP application sent, e.g., Vegreville or PoE? Vegreville, 3rd August 2007
10) How long for WP? Still waiting but now on implied status as BUNAC visa has expired
11) PR application submitted? 10th August 2007 to London.

12) AOR CIC received 26 August 2007
13) Med requests 1 October 2007
14) Meds taken? 9 October 2007
15) Landed?
16) anything else?

Last edited by syeven; Oct 10th 2007 at 1:11 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that roxye3 - I knew Canada was in several different time zones, but I didn't realise that NS was 3 weeks ahead of BC!
HA! Yeah crazy that. I just realised what I did! HA! Sorry work has kept me rather ocupide and so on.

3 weeks indeed. Would be nice. HA!

Thanks for that!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by syeven
Just a quick update.

Date when application was POSTED: Thursday 28th June 2007
3) Date when they received the application: Friday 29th June2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? They called to say one of the forms was missing and called a week later to ask my employer more detailed questions about my role
5) Date when decision made or received? July 20th Approved!!!
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Still waiting.
9) Where was WP application sent, e.g., Vegreville or PoE? Vegreville, 3rd August 2007
10) How long for WP? Still waiting but now on implied status as BUNAC visa has expired
11) PR application submitted? 10th August 2007 to London.

12) AOR CIC received 26 August 2007
13) Med requests 1 October 2007
14) Meds taken? 9 October 2007
15) Landed?
16) anything else?
Hi Syeven,

Can you tell me more about this "Impplied Status" business? I know that I will probably have to do that but is there documentation i can get for my employer so that they know I am legit?

I mean if I get accepted on the PNP program and submit my app London or Vegreville will they send me a letter stating that I am good to work while on Implied status? How does that all work?

Thanks mate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.