Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

I always thought it was called flagpoling, cos you were swinging round the flagpole that they have at the boarder (literally, with excitement in some people's cases) to get back into Canada, although I'm not sure what the boarder guards would make of the swinging off the pole part!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

the moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nice

cool - it sounds like a bit of both. Shame it's not May day, then we could REALLY dance round the flagpole

Now debating whether all the hassle of getting another 90 day tourist visa to US and entering (last time it took us 1/5 hrs just to get IN to the US for a leisure trip) is worth the shopping...so thinking we could "flagpole" as you put it, I like that!, and then celebrate back in Canada, plus it sounds like that is a much faster option (I posted a thread on immigration today and someone said doing it that way saves a lot of time and hassle).

Mmmm, shopping or not...actually, shopping in US or Vancouver, that is the question!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

The Sales are on, on Robson!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

syeven is an unknown quantity at this point

My 1 year visa expires on 7th September. I've applied for an extension from CPC. If it doesnt arrive by the 7th, do I have to wait in the US until it does ? I've been calling the helpline for days but no reply yet....
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:38 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

syeven - i thought bunac-visa (and similar ones for other countries) cannot be extended over the maximum duration
i first came over on an exchange program wp (i'm not british) - like a normal wp but no need for lmo and restricted for 18 months. once i managed to convince my boss about the pnp-route - which was rather late in my initial stay, given that i was talking about staying for almost a year - i had to get a standard wp. no extension of the former one possible - i needed a completely new one. bcpnp office issued a recommendation lettre and with that i didn't need lmo.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:40 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

the moog - i'm not sure how easy flagpoling is for us islanders...
when i came back from seattle and validated my new wp the immigration officer told me that i had to take a ferry trip to port angeles (or seattle) if i wanted to land in victoria. which means to me that you can't just go through us precustoms and turn around to the canadians... and since i'm still impatiently waiting for my ppr i have no idea how it really works... (i might even go down to seattle to get my passport stamped and land on my way back) well, please let me/us know about your landing.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Just received our medical requests this morning, just over 3 weeks since CIC London received our PR application!!!!! I can't believe it!! If we're quick, we may not have to renew our work permits that expire at the end of October.

I've managed to book us in for Monday at a practise on Main St, Vancouver, so all systems go!

Good luck to all those waiting, it shouldn't take long
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

fionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nice
Smile Re: PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

It's called flag poleing because you basically go around the US flag pole and back into Canada.

Fiona
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

the moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nice

Mel, October is way away - so long as you apply for a renewed work permit before your current one expires (can be the day before, though cutting it fine!) and you have proof of posting (keep a copy of the applictaion form too), then even if your current work permit expires, you go onto "implied status" - all legal and correct, just means you carry on under the exact same conditions as before until you hear back about your new work permit either way from Vegreville...we had to cos no way PR was going to come through before our BUNAC visas expired (the passport requests came a week after the new work permits showed up, but still better safe than sorry) but if you get your meds done quick and the get PPR and wack your pasports off back to London asap you may not have to go through that...
Just a thought. You have some time yet anyhow
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that info the Moog

Will Vegreville know that we have applied for PR and refuse the work permits? The main thing I'm bothered about is being left with no MSP; our bill came the other day and we are only covered until the end of October. Plus I'll have to show evidence to the kids' school of our status.

Fingers crossed everything works out
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

smithjm will become famous soon enough

Can anyone provide an up to date timescale on when to expect Medicals following submission to London CHC under the PNP?
Have accepted an offer on the house, but don't really want to exchange until after the Meds...just in case!
Thanks,
Jay
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jay

If you look at my timeline we were called for medicals within 4 weeks of sending application to London. We're already in Canada but I doubt that would make too much difference.

HTH and good luck
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

smithjm will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the timeline. I hope ours is that quick, but I will prepare myself for it not to be!

Last edited by smithjm; Aug 31st 2007 at 10:02 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

RedDragon will become famous soon enough

Have finally got the PNP application away to BC

1) Provincial office where applied: BC
2) Date when application was POSTED: Sent by courier - Wednesday 5th Sept 2007
3) Date when they received the application: Should be tommorrow (6th Sept 07).
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?
5) Date when decision made or received?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing?
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted?
Old Sep 20th 2007, 1:42 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

my flagpole was the space needle...

my time line:

applied for bcpnp: february 06, 2007
aor bcpnp dated: february 13, 2007 (in the mail february 19, 2007)
pnp approved: february 16, 2007 (got confirmation letter on february 28, 2007)
pr-application mailed to buffalo: march 03, 2007
new wp (cic seattle) issued: march 20, 2007
aor cic buffalo dated: march 16, 2007 (recieved march 27, 2007)
file transfer to seattle: march 30, 2007
interview waiver / medical request: april 25, 2007
medicals done: june 05, 2007
additional medical tests done: june 23, 2007
passport requested: september 06, 2007 (ppr recieved september 13th)
passport stamping (in person in seattle): september 18, 2007
landed in victoria bc: september 19, 2007

questions not answered by the time line:
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?
phone call on february 14, 2007 to ask why the employer didn't advertise the job
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing?

working for more than a year in the position the job offer was for

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.