Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

As Erick aka 'gleech'* started for the LMO applications, I thought I would start a timeline thread for PNP applications for the benefit of those applying and will apply for PNP.

Mine and my OH's PNP are still being processed in BC - we've both done independent applications with our respective employers in case one is rejected, but if both accepted will probably just have one application with the other as common-law.

Please follow the format with COPY AND PASTE or if you have something to add, please do so and repost the format.

PLEASE DO POST EVEN IF YOU HAVE APPLIED AND WERE SUCCESSFUL OR GOT REJECTED please it will help others:

1) Provincial office where applied: BC
2) Date when application was POSTED: Monday 9th July 2007
3) Date when they received the application: Tuesday 10th July 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? OH was called by BC PNP when he submitted his application a day after mine as he was already on their system as common-law on mine (we're just covering all bases by both applying). We thought it VERY helpful of them to check this
5) Date when decision made or received? Still waiting........
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?Inside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Working for employer on one-year BUNAC visa.
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Still waiting........

* sorry for the blatant plagiarism Erick – take it as a compliment!

Last edited by live to ski; Jul 13th 2007 at 5:28 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Details in signature! BC PNP

Hubby's employer knew he had been nominated a couple of weeks before we got the letter but didn't tell us...how cruel!!

We're just waiting for one police check to come back before sending our file to London.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about

no problem "live to ski", this is great, hope I can post mine in the future.

Erick
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=live to ski;5050860]

4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? OH was called by BC PNP when he submitted his application a day after mine as he was already on their system as common-law on mine (we're just covering all bases by both applying). We thought it VERY helpful of them to check this
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?Inside Canada
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Working for employer on one-year BUNAC visa.
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Still waiting........

4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? I phoned today to check that they had received my new passport details, and asked if I could be cheeky and would it be possible to have an unofficial update. Officer was really nice and help, and said that I should expect an answer on August 9th 2007. So 31 days / 4 weeks and 3 days after they received application ... YIKES
Old Jul 18th 2007, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

garvard will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by live to ski
As Erick aka 'gleech'* started for the LMO applications, I thought I would start a timeline thread for PNP applications for the benefit of those applying and will apply for PNP.

Mine and my OH's PNP are still being processed in BC - we've both done independent applications with our respective employers in case one is rejected, but if both accepted will probably just have one application with the other as common-law.

Please follow the format with COPY AND PASTE or if you have something to add, please do so and repost the format.

PLEASE DO POST EVEN IF YOU HAVE APPLIED AND WERE SUCCESSFUL OR GOT REJECTED please it will help others:

* sorry for the blatant plagiarism Erick – take it as a compliment!
Good idea. Unfortunately I did not finalized the process yet. But it will be interesting to see other's experience.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

the moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nice

2) Date when application was POSTED: 7th December 2006
3) Date when they received the application: 8th December 2006 (or thereabouts)
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?
Not that we know of
5) Date when decision made or received? Received PNP acceptance about 28th Jan 2007
Submitted application for PR immediately - received by CIC London 4th February 2007
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Working for employer on one-year BUNAC visa. Have had to renew work permits (application to extend stay) as they expired in June, just received renewed work permits so now still waiting for PR
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Got Med requests 4th April 2007, supposed to have Meds 10th May but had to delay to 6th June 2007 (so that was an extra few weeks on our part), now waiting hopefully for passport requests...

So from applying for PNP, it has been just over 7 months and still waiting...
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

syeven is an unknown quantity at this point

Provincial office where applied: BC
2) Date when application was POSTED: Thursday 28th June 2007
3) Date when they received the application: Friday 29th June2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? They called to say one of the forms was missing and called a week later to ask my employer more detailed questions about my role
5) Date when decision made or received? July 20th Approved!!!
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Still waiting.

They are really helpful - I can't belive how quick they were. It's took me 8 weeks to get an internet banking password from my bank in the uk with lots more stress.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Congratulations!

What industry / line of work are you in?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

syeven is an unknown quantity at this point

I work in corporate sales as a Regional Manager. I think what worked for me was the number of employees under my direct supervision as I know sales roles tend to be frowned upon.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

We're in!!!!

5) Date when decision made or received? 15th August 2007
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Will let you know

Fax was waiting for me when I got back from lunch. Am still bouncing all over the office!!!!!!!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

the moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nice

Congratulations Live to Ski...

An update on ours...good news: PR arrived yesterday, we're hoping to land this weekend...

4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?
Not that we know of
5) Date when decision made or received? Received PNP acceptance about 28th Jan 2007
Submitted application for PR immediately - received by CIC London 4th February 2007
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Working for employer on one-year BUNAC visa. Applied to renew work permit (Vegreville received 4th June, we got work permit 11th July)
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Got Med requests 4th April 2007, supposed to have Meds 10th May but had to delay to 6th June 2007 (so that was an extra few weeks on our part), Got passport requests 17th July, sent them from Canada, passports received with PR 15th August.
Hoping to become landed immigrants this weekend...
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light

Wow CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Are you going to flagpole or are you going to the states for the day?

I bet you are over the moon, can't wait for it to be us

Can I ask, did you get an AOR or just medical requests? We've not heard anything, so just presume we'll get medical requests eventually.

All the best
Mel
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:44 am
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by the moog
Congratulations Live to Ski...

An update on ours...good news: PR arrived yesterday, we're hoping to land this weekend...

Not that we know of
7) If inside Canada, what currently doing? Working for employer on one-year BUNAC visa. Applied to renew work permit (Vegreville received 4th June, we got work permit 11th July)
8) How long after initial application or PNP decision / when was PR granted? Got Med requests 4th April 2007, supposed to have Meds 10th May but had to delay to 6th June 2007 (so that was an extra few weeks on our part), Got passport requests 17th July, sent them from Canada, passports received with PR 15th August.
Hoping to become landed immigrants this weekend...
Excellent news! Congrats to you both
(no more grilling by homeland security when you go shopping )
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. Ok I'm going to sound dumb now ...what is the flagpole?!

Mel, we never got an AOR, just the med requests early April (about 2 months after we'd sent the main PR application).

And the WHOLE time throughout the process, we kept checking the online status update you can log into...and how helpful it was (NOT)...just said "in process" the whole time - I think it still says that now. What is the point of having such an online system that is supposed to provide you with information on the status of your applictaion if it never changes or gets updated. It must have cost a bit to implement that, but it wouldn't cost much to have a resource update it from time to time...ok, moan over!

I think we're going to the US (have to get to the mainland first!) - shopping malls here we come!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Flagpoling is when you go to the border, tell US customs you want to land, they let you through, you then come back through the Canadian customs and land. Not sure why its called 'flagpoling' though, anyone know?

Enjoy your shopping trip, that's a really good way to celebrate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.