Landing Question

Old Mar 27th 2012, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing Question

I am wondering what my husband should expect when "landing" at Pearson Airport.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing Question

He will be landing at Canadas busiest airport and depending on the time of day it might resemble a zoo type atmosphere with thousands of people from different ethnic backgrounds.
He will be asked purpose of visit and when he tells CBSA he is landing he will be referred to Immigration. He will enter another office filled with people
and wait to be processed. He will present his COPR and hopefully will have a list of goods that he physically has with him and a list of goods to follow at a later date. His paperwork will be processed and if all in order he will be welcomed to Canada. If he provides a Canadian address he will be sent a PR card.
Processing time anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
He will be landing at Canadas busiest airport and depending on the time of day it might resemble a zoo type atmosphere with thousands of people from different ethnic backgrounds.
He will be asked purpose of visit and when he tells CBSA he is landing he will be referred to Immigration. He will enter another office filled with people
and wait to be processed. He will present his COPR and hopefully will have a list of goods that he physically has with him and a list of goods to follow at a later date. His paperwork will be processed and if all in order he will be welcomed to Canada. If he provides a Canadian address he will be sent a PR card.
Processing time anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours.
Thank you very much for your answer. What if he has no goods to bring at this time should he fill out a detailed list just incase at a later date he wishes to bring them?
Old Mar 27th 2012, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Read this link
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...d2-2-1-eng.pdf
Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Okay, will do, thanks!
Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:20 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 123me
I am wondering what my husband should expect when "landing" at Pearson Airport.
A slight bump then as the brakes go on, a weird feeling as the aeroplane comes to a screeching halt and hopefully does not overshoot the runway. If he hears a loud exclamation from the front end, like 'that was close' 'holy crap' or or 'get out quick' these are technical terms for issues usually of concern (they are not in the flight manual as by then there is no time to read it). If all goes well and the big cigar like tube stops before the paved bit runs out and the aeroplane does not mow the grass at the end, it finishes off with a wild turn to the left for the gate, then the pax get thrown off in time for the next lot to get on.

Last edited by Aviator; Mar 27th 2012 at 6:27 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Dal_Boy24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 123me
Okay, will do, thanks!
Hi

I landed at Pearson approximately 3 weeks ago and it took me nearly 3 hours from Landing to eventually exiting at the sign that says 'EXIT/SORTIE.'

When we landed I would say 4 or 5 flights had landed at the same time, having then moved to the counter after what seemed like an eternity we were told to progress forward to another immigration area.....we waited there and were told to go sit on chairs...then the Immi Officer stamped our papers to when we then were met by some other Immi Workers who gave us lots of information on arriving and what we needed to do and where local services were....once through there we picked up our luggage to then finally....NO WAIT....we then had to go to 'Goods to Declare' of follow I should say....once there she checked our typed up list and said it was ok BUT we needed to amend some items and so she would not stamp it this time.

We returned back to the UK a few days later as we still have to tie up affairs here, after landing the following day we went to get our SIN No which took all of 10-15 minutes although get to the Service Centre early around 8am....didn't sort out medical though will do that next time.

All in all the most annoying thing was the waiting in the queue and the queue not moving, along with the temperature in there being extremely uncomfortable.

Any other questions please ask....hope this helps.

Dal
Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There are other airports besides Pearson that do landings
Old Mar 27th 2012, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aviator
A slight bump then as the brakes go on, a weird feeling as the aeroplane comes to a screeching halt and hopefully does not overshoot the runway. If he hears a loud exclamation from the front end, like 'that was close' 'holy crap' or or 'get out quick' these are technical terms for issues usually of concern (they are not in the flight manual as by then there is no time to read it). If all goes well and the big cigar like tube stops before the paved bit runs out and the aeroplane does not mow the grass at the end, it finishes off with a wild turn to the left for the gate, then the pax get thrown off in time for the next lot to get on.
I guess I asked for that type of response with my "landing" question.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dal_Boy24
Hi

I landed at Pearson approximately 3 weeks ago and it took me nearly 3 hours from Landing to eventually exiting at the sign that says 'EXIT/SORTIE.'

When we landed I would say 4 or 5 flights had landed at the same time, having then moved to the counter after what seemed like an eternity we were told to progress forward to another immigration area.....we waited there and were told to go sit on chairs...then the Immi Officer stamped our papers to when we then were met by some other Immi Workers who gave us lots of information on arriving and what we needed to do and where local services were....once through there we picked up our luggage to then finally....NO WAIT....we then had to go to 'Goods to Declare' of follow I should say....once there she checked our typed up list and said it was ok BUT we needed to amend some items and so she would not stamp it this time.

We returned back to the UK a few days later as we still have to tie up affairs here, after landing the following day we went to get our SIN No which took all of 10-15 minutes although get to the Service Centre early around 8am....didn't sort out medical though will do that next time.

All in all the most annoying thing was the waiting in the queue and the queue not moving, along with the temperature in there being extremely uncomfortable.

Any other questions please ask....hope this helps.

Dal
Thanks for your response. I guess it is difficult to say how long it will take as there are so many variables....however long it takes is fine, I will be waiting for him.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 9:06 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Aviator