Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Please HELP, FBI FingerPrinting Problem 2 times

Please HELP, FBI FingerPrinting Problem 2 times

Old Apr 13th 2001, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

inders99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have submited my FBI fingerprinting card to FBI twice for FBi clearence and everytime FBI have sent it back to me and requested to resubmit again.The REASON FBI have given is:THE QUALITY OF THE CHATRACTERISTICS IS TOO LOW TO BE USED.I did the finger printing done by an fingerprinting agency in NJ twice, and sent them 2 cards each time. Now again I have to send the Finger printing to FBI, I do not know what to do. The finger Printing done by the same agency for other 2 persons who submitted the FBI finger printing have been cleared, but mine has been returned 2 times. What I should do? any help?
thanks in advance.
Old Apr 13th 2001, 1:40 pm
inayataversey

you can go to local police station and request them that you need to do finger print
for FBI purpose and they will be glad to do it for you. they will also provide plain
finger printing card.

Old Apr 13th 2001, 1:50 pm
Sam Malhotra

Regarding FBI Fingerprinting:

I have certain clarifications:

1. I got my the fingerprinting cards from the local police station, the Blue card,
put it in an envelope and attached $18 money order with a letter on my letterhead
asking for Police clearnace certs and mailed to Clarksburg, West Virginia addres.

2. I did not put in the PC-1 letter with it.

My question is will I be OK and get the fingerprintng results, or should I send again
with the PC-1 letter from the pdf file on the Bufallo site.

Sam

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 14th 2001, 8:53 pm
inayataversey

alongwith your finger print card and draft for $ 18 u should also send xerox copy of
yr driving licence. this is how i did and i got FBI clearance.

Old Apr 14th 2001, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

MY USA Driving Licence no was written on the FBI Finger Printing card, they have not asked me to resubmit any other information, even the FBI has written to me that they will not charge 18$ fees as they have taken it, the problem is with my finger prints the reason they have given is:THE QUALITY OF THE CHATRACTERISTICS IS TOO LOW TO BE USED. They have requested to sind the Finger prints again, this will be my 3rd time, i will go to the same finger Printing agency on monday and again I have to resend, in this process I have wasted 2 months as the FBI sends result only after 4to 5 weeks. I went to Police Department in NJ (Edison) but they told me that they do not finger print for Canada Immigration, I can not tell them lie as on FBI card you have to write the REASON . I still do not know what to do as the fingerprinting will be done from the same agency which has done earlier 2 times as I do not find any other finger printing agency nearby in NJ.
Old Apr 15th 2001, 8:24 am
Mmoose1234

Sam, I sent in fingerprints without PC-1 letter and they were cleared without any
problems, so don't worry. All you need to send is fingerprinting card and $18.

To the person in NJ, why go to the same agency again for the third time?? Obviously
they use bad ink or don't know how to do fingerprints. There are fingerprinting
places in NYC that are open on saturday. They are listed in yellow pages. If you
don't have access to NYC yellow pages and would like me to send you the phone/address
info, let me know. I'd recommend driving down from NJ or going to a police station.
Goodluck, I know how annoying all this can be.

Old Apr 17th 2001, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Dear Mmoose1234, Thanks for the help Please let me know the phone no or telephone no of any Finger Printing agency in MANHATTAN area NY I can reach there easily, Yesterday I went to Police station in New Jersey, they told me you have to go to Nearest Police station in Your Locality so today I went to EDISON Police station They Told me they do not have FBI cards. Please help.
Thanks
Old Apr 17th 2001, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

aauj2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Inder,

Try this numner 201 792 4520. This is in your area too. Make sure that if you have any cut mark(s) in any finger, write remark about that. Actually that part is done by fingerprinter (if he is really smart enough). Mine story was pretty much silimar to yours. I went to local police station. They told me that they don't do it on FBI cards only and they were not ready to listen anything. So I requested FBI (I called some numner) and got plenty of cards in four days. I really liked the way FBI personnel dealt with me. Anyway I went to local police station with FBI cards this time, paid $10 and got my fingerprints done. I would like to mention that THE POLICEMAN WAS SOOOOO RUDE. I showed it to one of my friend and he said that if i was going to send that fingerprint to FBI they were certainly going to return it back to me. He gave me this number. I got my fingerprints done, same day I despatched to FBI and got it back after 9 days with 'no criminal conviction record'stamped on it. Also if you want to expedite you can instruct them (FBI) to send it you using couriers service. For this reason you have to have an account with some courier service.

Whether to send PC1 letter to FBI or not; is up to you, but if you are not sending it them, make sure that the cover letter explicitely mentions that the purpose for you need the con crimincal conviction record. So I feel it is always better to send PC1 letter along with other papers.

Hope this will help you

Aauj

Aauj
Old Apr 18th 2001, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Dear Aauj, Thanks for the information I will contact the given phone no by you, Today I had My interview at NYC Canadian consulate and it was very good, The lady who conducted my interview was very nice, took only 30 minutes, she told me that I have passed the interview and asked about FBI clereance, I told her the problem and she told me that once I submit FBI clearence I can expect my VISA in 4-6 weeks.I read in some posting that Interview at NYC is very difficult and they ask so many questions, but my EXP is very pleseant, Even they have not asked me why I want to go to canada or other questions, they have not given me any test to check my computer skills as written by someone in News group. Very good Lady at Canadian consulate NYC, it was not like Interview I felt that I just had a chat with her for few minutes.
Inder
Old Sep 20th 2002, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

ozsinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fingerprinting for Canadian immigration purposes in SanFrancisco

I am trying to find a contact in SanFrancisco that does Ink fingerprinting fo Canadian Immigration puropses that is legitimate and credible; I don't want the FBI sending back my results marked CHARACTERISTICS TOO LOW or anything like that.
Do you know of any besides the police department?

Originally posted by aauj2001:
Inder,

Try this numner 201 792 4520. This is in your area too. Make sure that if you have any cut mark(s) in any finger, write remark about that. Actually that part is done by fingerprinter (if he is really smart enough). Mine story was pretty much silimar to yours. I went to local police station. They told me that they don't do it on FBI cards only and they were not ready to listen anything. So I requested FBI (I called some numner) and got plenty of cards in four days. I really liked the way FBI personnel dealt with me. Anyway I went to local police station with FBI cards this time, paid $10 and got my fingerprints done. I would like to mention that THE POLICEMAN WAS SOOOOO RUDE. I showed it to one of my friend and he said that if i was going to send that fingerprint to FBI they were certainly going to return it back to me. He gave me this number. I got my fingerprints done, same day I despatched to FBI and got it back after 9 days with 'no criminal conviction record'stamped on it. Also if you want to expedite you can instruct them (FBI) to send it you using couriers service. For this reason you have to have an account with some courier service.

Whether to send PC1 letter to FBI or not; is up to you, but if you are not sending it them, make sure that the cover letter explicitely mentions that the purpose for you need the con crimincal conviction record. So I feel it is always better to send PC1 letter along with other papers.

Hope this will help you

Aauj

Aauj
Old Sep 20th 2002, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Boston is an unknown quantity at this point

My fingerprints were returned by the FBI with a blue card attached. Although they used some reason for return, I felt like they want the fingerprints to be done on a BLUE card (the first time the police station gave me a red card).