Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Permanant residency - Passport expiry and IMM0008 vacation question

Permanant residency - Passport expiry and IMM0008 vacation question

Old Sep 15th 2017, 2:12 am
Just Joined

joshjamesworld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Permanant residency - Passport expiry and IMM0008 vacation question

Hello all,

First of all thank you for everyone's contributions to the forum, I have already found the help and information invaluable!

Myself and my partner are currently in the process of filling out our application to sponsor me to stay in the country - under the Spousal Sponsorship program. I am currently in Canada on an IEC which is due to expire in March (I know we are cutting fine).

My questions are:

My passport is also due to expire in October 2018, if I get a new passport, is there any way I can inform CIC after I've submitted my application? If I get a new passport now it will void my current IEC. I can't leave it any longer but if I apply with my old passport they will reject me because it expires. Catch 22!

Also my other question is that we are due to go on vacation to Florida (1 week in October) and also to England and Spain to visit family (2 weeks in November) - I am filling out the 'Generic Application Form IMM0008' and it asks me when my last "Date and place of my last entry to Canada" I am planning on submitting my application before October but I'm not quite sure what I should put here. Should I say the last time I entered the Country? (November last year after a vacation) or should I think ahead and say my returning date from England in November? I'm hoping this isn't going to cause me problems.

Any help with this would be much appreciated because I'm honestly stressing out!!

Thank you so much in advance

Josh
Old Sep 15th 2017, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanant residency - Passport expiry and IMM0008 vacation question

Originally Posted by joshjamesworld

My passport is also due to expire in October 2018, if I get a new passport, is there any way I can inform CIC after I've submitted my application?
You can update anything with a webform - How can I update or ask about an IRCC application in progress?.

Would you need to? I don't remember if you have to include a passport scan at stage one, but you need to send a new one at the final stage (PPR) anyway, so the COPR gets issued correctly, so they'll find out at that point what your passport currently looks like whatever happens.

If I get a new passport now it will void my current IEC.
No it wouldn't.

Also my other question is that we are due to go on vacation to Florida (1 week in October) and also to England and Spain to visit family (2 weeks in November) - I am filling out the 'Generic Application Form IMM0008' and it asks me when my last "Date and place of my last entry to Canada" I am planning on submitting my application before October but I'm not quite sure what I should put here. Should I say the last time I entered the Country? (November last year after a vacation) or should I think ahead and say my returning date from England in November? I'm hoping this isn't going to cause me problems.
If you are inside Canada at the time you submit it, then that field needs to read the date and location of the last time you entered Canada at the time you submit it.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 8:00 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Please also refer to the FAQ linked in my signature which will help you immensely while you are filling out the application! Otherwise Vulcanoid has sorted you out!
Old Sep 28th 2017, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your replies. That has definitely taken a little pressure off for sure!

Last edited by joshjamesworld; Sep 28th 2017 at 3:43 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Please also refer to the FAQ linked in my signature which will help you immensely while you are filling out the application! Otherwise Vulcanoid has sorted you out!
Thanks! I'll check it out right now.

Josh