Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Paying right of Permanent Residence Fee?

Paying right of Permanent Residence Fee?

Old Mar 25th 2012, 7:30 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road
Default Paying right of Permanent Residence Fee?

Sure this has been asked many times before, but we seem not to be able to find a definitive answer.

We are FSW1 applicants through the London office and still living in the UK. We have just completed our medicals and we wish to pay the RoPR fee. We are confused if this can be done online or not, or if we have to send a Canadian Dollar cheque somewhere. Please can someone advise the correct method?

Also as the letter sent to us said it included return labels (but doesn't) Please advise if the return address for updated police certs and documents is the usual 38 Grosvenor Street address?

Thanks for all assistance.

Mac2
Old Mar 25th 2012, 8:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying right of Permanent Residence Fee?

Hi

Originally Posted by Mac2
Sure this has been asked many times before, but we seem not to be able to find a definitive answer.

We are FSW1 applicants through the London office and still living in the UK. We have just completed our medicals and we wish to pay the RoPR fee. We are confused if this can be done online or not, or if we have to send a Canadian Dollar cheque somewhere. Please can someone advise the correct method?

Also as the letter sent to us said it included return labels (but doesn't) Please advise if the return address for updated police certs and documents is the usual 38 Grosvenor Street address?

Thanks for all assistance.

Mac2

1. You can't pay FSW RPRF on line.
2. See: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...is.aspx?view=d
3. Canadian High Commission
Immigration and Medical Services Division
Macdonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London
W1K 4AA
UK
Old Mar 25th 2012, 8:14 pm
Permanent Residents

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. You can't pay FSW RPRF on line.
2. See: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...is.aspx?view=d
3. Canadian High Commission
Immigration and Medical Services Division
Macdonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London
W1K 4AA
UK
Thanks for your swift response PMM.

Just to clarify. We get a Bank Cheque from our bank (HSBC) made out in Canadian dollars and made payable to 'Receiver General for Canada' and send this to London along with our updated paperwork?

Don't understand this bit 'The name of the Canadian bank that will pay the Receiver General for Canada will be written on the cheque.' or who issues the receipt.

Sorry if these are silly questions! Just want to get this right first time.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 8:23 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mac2
Thanks for your swift response PMM.

Just to clarify. We get a Bank Cheque from our bank (HSBC) made out in Canadian dollars and made payable to 'Receiver General for Canada' and send this to London along with our updated paperwork?

Don't understand this bit 'The name of the Canadian bank that will pay the Receiver General for Canada will be written on the cheque.' or who issues the receipt.

Sorry if these are silly questions! Just want to get this right first time.
It just means that HSBC UK will get HSBC Canada (presumably) to issue the cheque. This means that the funds are coming from an account held in Canada by HSBC Canada, presumably this means "HSBC Bank Canada" will be written on the cheque.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 8:51 pm
Permanent Residents

Originally Posted by BTJ
It just means that HSBC UK will get HSBC Canada (presumably) to issue the cheque. This means that the funds are coming from an account held in Canada by HSBC Canada, presumably this means "HSBC Bank Canada" will be written on the cheque.
Thanks - We'll talk with the bank tomorrow!
Old Mar 26th 2012, 1:40 pm
Permanent Residents

Went to HSBC today and they are fine with issuing a Canadian Cheque but they do not understand:- The name of the Canadian bank that will pay the Receiver General for Canada will be written on the back of the cheque

Please can someone who has paid their RPRF recently please advise as this should be so simple, but for some reason has been made so difficult!

Thank you.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

jss42 will become famous soon enoughjss42 will become famous soon enough

I'm in the same position, what does "The name of the Canadian bank that will pay the Receiver General for Canada will be written on the back of the cheque" mean?? Why do they make everything more complex than needed! They don't offer a payment form like they do the main application fees.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:41 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

It is so very simple. Each British bank will have an account with a Canadian bank and will issue a banker's draft drawn on that Canadian account. I do not know why this is such a problem for banks to do. I can walk into my local bank in Canada and walk out a few minutes later with a banker's draft in just about any currency available.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

jss42 will become famous soon enoughjss42 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
It is so very simple. Each British bank will have an account with a Canadian bank and will issue a banker's draft drawn on that Canadian account. I do not know why this is such a problem for banks to do. I can walk into my local bank in Canada and walk out a few minutes later with a banker's draft in just about any currency available.
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm off to HSBC tomorrow, fingers crossed I get someone who knows what they're doing
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:25 pm
Permanent Residents

Originally Posted by jss42
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm off to HSBC tomorrow, fingers crossed I get someone who knows what they're doing
I gave up on HSBC and went to TSB. They issued the cheque no problem and the Canadian clearing banks details were printed on the cheque. Took 3 days to deliver it to us and was £10 cheaper than HSBC who didn't have a clue!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jss42
There lies the problem