Passport renewal question.

Old Jan 29th 2017, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

englishman111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport renewal question.

Hello all,
I am currently living in vancouver and have been here for two years. I was first on the one year IEC work permit and then applied for my 2nd one when that one was up. When I was applying for my 2nd workpermit, it was just after the time the IEC had changed the length to a 2year permit. This seemed great as it seems I would luckily be able to have a TWP for 3 years. However when i activated my 2nd permit(JUNE/27/2016) I only had 14 months left on my passport(untilAUG 2017). Therefore the permit was issued until this date. I was told once i renewed my passport i would be able to amend/extend the TWP to a full 2 years. Does anyone know if this is true or not? Or have they worked out how much I had left on my original permit and added another year onto it to include a 2nd year?

Also if the former is true and I can extend it with my new passport to a full 2 years, how would i go about doing so?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport renewal question.

Its true that the 2nd IEC work permit that was issued for 14 months can be extended for the full 2 years. You will need to provide IRCC with the LOI for the 2nd IEC and proof that the passport issued on expired within the 2 years and a copy of the 2nd work permit showing it was only issued for 14 months.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/extend/iec.asp

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Jan 29th 2017 at 8:03 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

Thats great, thankyou very much that's music to my ears. I thought it was going to be a right pain.
Thanks again,
Old Mar 24th 2017, 3:42 am
Just Joined

Former Lancastrian, I was wondering if you had previously had to go through this process with your work permit and if you knew which CiC office to send it to? I have now gathered all my documents and just need to figure out how to make the validation barcodes work on the imm5710 form, though I couldn't find the address to use to forward this specific case to? any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Sam
Old Mar 24th 2017, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Normally CPC Vegreville would deal with situations like this. I have no idea about the forms or barcodes as I have never had a work permit.

You can always call the CIC helpline at 1 888 242 2100.