Parents Sponsorship Application

Old Feb 18th 2001, 6:25 pm
Alex

Hello!

Could you, please, answer several questions regarding sponsoring parents.

1) It is said that I have to provide information for the last 12 months before canadian
immigration office will get the application. At the same time information from Revenue
Canada should be sent as the proof of the income I paid tax on. Are income slips and
pay stubs for not covered period of time sufficient? Can I use copy of pay stubs only
without waiting for Revenue Canada to send me required papers?

2) To prove my relations with my parents I have to present my birth certificate(does not
say copy of it). How do I attack it since it is not in English? Is notorized
translation sufficient? Or the fact that I have presented this information when passed
immigration process is good enough(they must have this data on file, I assume)?

3) Should the rent I am paying be included anywhere? What about assets?

4) Can change of Visa office preference speed up application processing or slow down
rather? My parents have been living in the same country for their whole lives. But the
office in Moscow is pretty slow, I heard.

5) Do I have to put my initials or something like that in the sections where I am given
information, but am not supposed to give any answers (I, J for example)?

Thanks in advance. Alex

Old Feb 18th 2001, 7:37 pm
WebImmigration.Com

Hi:

In reply to your inquiry:

1. You must provide a copy of your last year's Notice of Assessment, along with
photocopies of your pay cheque stubs covering January 1, 2001 to the present.

2. You must provide a certified translation of your birth certificate, as it is not in
English or French.

3. You can provide a photocopy of your rent receipt. Just provide the documents on your
document checklist, and answer the questions on the financial evaluation form.

4. Once your sponsorship application has been approved, your parents can submit their
application for Canadian permanent residency at any Canadian Visa Post abroad.

5. No.

For information on Family Class sponsorships go to www.webimmigration.com

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

> Hello!
>
> Could you, please, answer several questions regarding sponsoring parents.
>
> 1) It is said that I have to provide information for the last 12 months before canadian
> immigration office will get the application. At the same time information from
> Revenue Canada should be sent as the proof of the income I paid tax on. Are income
> slips and pay stubs for not covered
period
> of time sufficient? Can I use copy of pay stubs only without waiting for Revenue Canada
> to send me required papers?
>
> 2) To prove my relations with my parents I have to present my birth certificate(does not
> say copy of it). How do I attack it since it is not
in
> English? Is notorized translation sufficient? Or the fact that I have presented this
> information when passed immigration process is good enough(they must have this data on
> file, I assume)?
>
> 3) Should the rent I am paying be included anywhere? What about assets?
>
> 4) Can change of Visa office preference speed up application processing or slow down
> rather? My parents have been living in the same country for
their
> whole lives. But the office in Moscow is pretty slow, I heard.
>
> 5) Do I have to put my initials or something like that in the sections
where
> I am given information, but am not supposed to give any answers (I, J for example)?
>
>
> Thanks in advance. Alex

Old Feb 19th 2001, 12:41 pm
James Metcalfe

The rent you pay on your principal residence is not relevant for determining your income
for sponsoring your parents. It does not have to be included anywhere.

Stick to Moscow unless your parents have visas to visit the USa another faster office. The
secret to fast processing in MOsocw is doing everything correctly the first time.

As you are having trouble completing the sponsorship forms which can be diffucult I
suggest you may want to seek professional help as it wil ldave you time in processing if
nothing else.

Jim metcalfe , Consultant and former visa officer

> Hello!
>
>
> 1) It is said that I have to provide information for the last 12 months before canadian
> immigration office will get the application. At the same time information from
> Revenue Canada should be sent as the proof of the income I paid tax on. Are income
period
> of time sufficient? Can I use copy of pay stubs only without waiting for Revenue Canada
>
> 2) To prove my relations with my parents I have to present my birth certificate(does not
in
> English? Is notorized translation sufficient? Or the fact that I have presented this
> information when passed immigration process is good enough(they must have this data on
> file, I assume)?
>
>
> 4) Can change of Visa office preference speed up application processing or slow down
their
>
where
> I am given information, but am not supposed to give any answers (I, J for example)?
>
>

Old Feb 20th 2001, 1:44 am
Victor Ivanov

1- for the last 12 month not covered by the last year notice of assessment. For e.g.. if
you apply now, you send the notice from year 1999, and the last 12 slips. But if you apply
in April or late, and already got your new notice of assessment for year 2000, you send
it, and only slips for the months not covered by the latest notice of assessment (there
may be only 1 or 2 or ... of them).

2 - Have to be copies of the authorized by solicitor translations of the documents. Not
the originals.

5- No

There is the Immigration phone number in your Kit. They are very nice, answers all the
questions. The best source. I called them not long ago. Good luck.

> Hello!
>
>
period
>
in
> file, I assume)?
>
>
their
>
where
>
>