parent sponsor

Old Jan 15th 2017, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Hammy Hamilton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default parent sponsor

I have a daughter in Alberta, a Canadian citizen and she applied for the new expression of interest in the Parent sponsorship and now we have to wait to see if I get selected from the 10,000 that will get drawn out the hat.She only earns enough to be able to sponsor me so my wife and 3 kids will have to stay in the UK till I'm able to hopefully sponsor them to come to Canada, hopefully we get picked but can anyone tell me a timescale as read somewhere they are still working on applications since 2014, also if and when I do get PR, how long after that can I get my family to join me. Does anyone know of a parent that's been sponsored by their Son/Daughter.
I also looked at the express entry system and I can't even get passed the question about the English test, I have not done one so I imagine everyone that applies for EE must have done the English test beforehand.

Last edited by Hammy Hamilton; Jan 15th 2017 at 3:13 pm. Reason: Updating
Old Jan 15th 2017, 6:04 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: parent sponsor

Hi

Originally Posted by Hammy Hamilton
I have a daughter in Alberta, a Canadian citizen and she applied for the new expression of interest in the Parent sponsorship and now we have to wait to see if I get selected from the 10,000 that will get drawn out the hat.She only earns enough to be able to sponsor me so my wife and 3 kids will have to stay in the UK till I'm able to hopefully sponsor them to come to Canada, hopefully we get picked but can anyone tell me a timescale as read somewhere they are still working on applications since 2014, also if and when I do get PR, how long after that can I get my family to join me. Does anyone know of a parent that's been sponsored by their Son/Daughter.
I also looked at the express entry system and I can't even get passed the question about the English test, I have not done one so I imagine everyone that applies for EE must have done the English test beforehand.

1. She has to have sufficient funds to sponsor you and your dependents, i.e. spouse and 3 dependent children. She can't just sponsor you.
2. So if she doesn't, her sponsorship will be refused.
3. Do a dry run on EE work out your points on the calculator with top marks for language.
Find out if you're eligible to apply - Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Old Jan 15th 2017, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Hammy, while the application procedure may have changed, the requirements for your daughter to sponsor you & your dependants haven't since you first started asking the question...

Concerning EE, has your (work/job) situation changed since you first posted? I.E. eligibility for PR outside family sponsorship/via a WP?

Last edited by Shirtback; Jan 15th 2017 at 6:54 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Can my daughter not just sponsor me if my wife and kids will be staying in the UK
Old Jan 15th 2017, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Can my daughter not just sponsor me if my wife and kids will be staying in the UK
No.

Your wife & other kids must be declared (sponsored), even if they aren't moving with you. Even if you don't have custody of children they must be taken into account.

Last edited by Shirtback; Jan 15th 2017 at 6:59 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

I read that, but I wasn't sure if it still meant she would have to prove she had enough income for all of us of if she could just cover me as I would initially be the only one going over. Thanks for letting me know and clearing it up
Old Jan 15th 2017, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Your daughter should read the instruction guide where the income requirements are explained:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp
Old Jan 15th 2017, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

I read that, but I wasn't sure if it still meant she would have to prove she had enough income for all of us of if she could just cover me as I would initially be the only one going over. Thanks for letting me know and clearing it up
The short answer is yes. See below:

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Your daughter should read the instruction guide where the income requirements are explained:

Guide 5772 - Application to Sponsor Parents and Grandparents
Old Jan 16th 2017, 2:30 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
1. She has to have sufficient funds to sponsor you and your dependents, i.e. spouse and 3 dependent children. She can't just sponsor you.
2. So if she doesn't, her sponsorship will be refused.
This is interesting I guess.

Side question from the thread but what happens to the 10,000 quota if people make it through random selection but don't actually qualify for full application. Is there going to be a second 'draw', or an Option B list as contingency from the first draw, or something else to make sure that the 2017 yearly quota is fairly utilized?
Old Jan 16th 2017, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
This is interesting I guess.

Side question from the thread but what happens to the 10,000 quota if people make it through random selection but don't actually qualify for full application. Is there going to be a second 'draw', or an Option B list as contingency from the first draw, or something else to make sure that the 2017 yearly quota is fairly utilized?

From a CIC news release from the website
Interested sponsors who are not selected will be able to indicate their interest to apply again in 2018.
Changes to application intake process for 2017 Parent and Grandparent Program - Canada News Centre
Old Jan 16th 2017, 4:44 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
From a CIC news release from the website
Interested sponsors who are not selected will be able to indicate their interest to apply again in 2018.
Changes to application intake process for 2017 Parent and Grandparent Program - Canada News Centre
But that would count towards the 2018 quota. no? I was wondering about the unfulfilled portion of 2017 quota in case of incomplete or disqualified applications.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
But that would count towards the 2018 quota. no? I was wondering about the unfulfilled portion of 2017 quota in case of incomplete or disqualified applications.
I tend to think if they only accept 10,000 applications and say only 8000 meet the requirements then they are only going to deal with hose 8000.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 3:22 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I tend to think if they only accept 10,000 applications and say only 8000 meet the requirements then they are only going to deal with hose 8000.
Yeah thats why I wish the initial Expression of Interest application asked a few more questions so only eligible applicants were selected. That would surely help to eliminate wastage of the quota.