Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Changing conditions of work permit - go to Seattle in person or send to Vegreville?

Changing conditions of work permit - go to Seattle in person or send to Vegreville?

Old May 9th 2006, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

SuzH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing conditions of work permit - go to Seattle in person or send to Vegreville?

Hi

I'm wondering whether to go to the Canadian consulate in Seattle in person to change the conditions of my work permit to my new employer (in 3 weeks after I have finished my current job and before I aim to start my new job on the 19th June) or whether to send the information now to Vegreville and have it processed that way. Is there enough time to reasonably expect Vegreville to respond before the 19th June?

Also, my partner has a spousal open work permit - if I go to Seattle to change the conditions of mine does he need to come along too or can I go on my own?

Any ideas?

thanks
Suzanne
Old May 9th 2006, 4:52 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changing conditions of work permit - go to Seattle in person or send to Vegreville?

Change of conditions application can only be submitted to Vegreville.

Originally Posted by SuzH
Hi

I'm wondering whether to go to the Canadian consulate in Seattle in person to change the conditions of my work permit to my new employer (in 3 weeks after I have finished my current job and before I aim to start my new job on the 19th June) or whether to send the information now to Vegreville and have it processed that way. Is there enough time to reasonably expect Vegreville to respond before the 19th June?

Also, my partner has a spousal open work permit - if I go to Seattle to change the conditions of mine does he need to come along too or can I go on my own?

Any ideas?

thanks
Suzanne
Old May 9th 2006, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

SuzH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changing conditions of work permit - go to Seattle in person or send to Vegreville?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Change of conditions application can only be submitted to Vegreville.
Really? Thanks Andrew.

The person who advised me to go to Seattle was herself doing a change of conditions and went in person to do it. However, she had been made redundant and also had filled a new work permit application as well as a change of conditions.

I guess her situation was different as I have voluntarily changed employers?
Is a change of conditions what I want to be doing?

thanks
Suzanne