Ontario Employer Job offer Stream

Old Feb 24th 2018, 8:32 pm
The Dude Abides

theotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ontario Employer Job offer Stream

Hi chaps (and chapettes), I was wondering if anyone had had any success or experience using this method of immigrating to Canada?

I have been investigating as many routes in as I can and this one seems to be the only one left open to me. I am now 43 and even with impeccable English and many years of work experience I am nowhere near approaching the CRS scores required for EE. Just my luck that they implement a program to fast track people with the skills and adaptability when I get too old to take full advantage of it!

I have been reaching out to Toronto based companies in my field (Audio Visual technical services) and obviously having a UK address is a giant red flag to them. I did however acquire from contacts in the GTA the email addresses of the people who hire and so I've been going direct to see if that helps.

Has anyone on this forum had any successful experience of this route to PR and if so would they be willing to share their stories and some details of how they got it done?

I know it's costs and processing times etc, it's more the efficacy of the process I'm interested in hearing about.

Thanks in advance, Jack.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 9:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ontario Employer Job offer Stream

How many points are you scoring on the CRS now? I'm just wondering if a LMIA/TWP would be a better way to go if you do get a job offer.

I know it will be the employer that ultimately decides what they want to apply for for you, but just wondered if a LMIA/TWP would give you enough points without needing PNP or not.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 26th 2018 at 10:12 am.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 8:19 pm
The Dude Abides

theotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond repute

I'm only really scoring in the high 350-360 mark. the pitfalls of being 43.
Old Feb 26th 2018, 10:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theotherlebowski
I'm only really scoring in the high 350-360 mark. the pitfalls of being 43.
Ah, ok. So it would have to be a PNP then to get the points realistically. Hopefully you can find an employer prepared to spend that amount of money & go through the paperwork for you - fingers crossed!

Best of luck.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 11:50 am
The Dude Abides

As far as I can tell (and feel free chaps to set me straight), getting pre-approved to hire a foreign worker in the Ontario PNP doesn't cost the employer anything, the cost is passed on to the applicant worker... Not sure how many companies may know this however!!
Old Feb 27th 2018, 11:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by theotherlebowski
As far as I can tell (and feel free chaps to set me straight), getting pre-approved to hire a foreign worker in the Ontario PNP doesn't cost the employer anything, the cost is passed on to the applicant worker... Not sure how many companies may know this however!!
The $2000 application fee is usually paid by the employer, but unlike the LMIA fee, there's no rule that says they have to pay it. It would just be quite unusual for an employee to pay the fee to apply under the Employer job offer category IMO.