Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia under Community Identified stream

Nova Scotia under Community Identified stream

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

losttraveller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nova Scotia under Community Identified stream

Does anyone know if we immigrated to Nova Scotia under Community identified stream what are the job occupations which don't need LMO( if I understood correctly, you can't apply for TWP while waiting for PR under Community identified stream)? Also is anyone immigrated under this and how hard is it? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Lottie69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nova Scotia under Community Identified stream

Not sure if this is the list of jobs you are after.

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...souplist.shtml
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

We came by this route -it was very easy and straightforward and we would recommend it to anyone. We did ours whilst on an extended Visitors Visa. It took us 8 months from Nomination but we've heard it is a lot less now.

You do not need points or work just show commitment to the community - that is show you have something to bring to the community and buy a house. You can get a TWP on the Community Identified Stream but is not essential and no LMO needed.

Recent others near us on the CIS are a silversmith and photographer. More info please pm

Originally Posted by losttraveller
Does anyone know if we immigrated to Nova Scotia under Community identified stream what are the job occupations which don't need LMO( if I understood correctly, you can't apply for TWP while waiting for PR under Community identified stream)? Also is anyone immigrated under this and how hard is it? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:13 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by losttraveller
My recollection is that wbexpat, who himself is on his way to NS via the CIS, said that one could apply for a TWP while one was waiting for PR to come through.
x
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:15 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lottie69
Not sure if this is the list of jobs you are after.

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...souplist.shtml
Occupations that are listed on the Occupations under Pressure lists do not absolve the employer from having to apply for a Labour Market Opinion. All that an OUP listing does is reduce the length of time that the employer is obliged to advertise the position across Canada before he/she can offer it to a foreigner.

I realize you said you weren't sure, but I'm just clarifying.
x
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:00 am
Just Joined

rocket1971 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ontheboatout
We came by this route -it was very easy and straightforward and we would recommend it to anyone. We did ours whilst on an extended Visitors Visa. It took us 8 months from Nomination but we've heard it is a lot less now.

You do not need points or work just show commitment to the community - that is show you have something to bring to the community and buy a house. You can get a TWP on the Community Identified Stream but is not essential and no LMO needed.

Recent others near us on the CIS are a silversmith and photographer. More info please pm
where are you living in NS and where do you work, this option looks the most likely for me but Halifax seems to be the place for work, need to know best place to concentrate on the more importantly where to purchase a home, have no issues with commitment to the community but I will need to work and do not want to be out of work for months on end whilst visa etc is approved.