To notarize or not to notarize?

Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

chorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nice
Default To notarize or not to notarize?

Hi all,
I was hoping I could get some advice on what everyone does for their letters to immigration. We're going the common-law route and were going to get our letter from landlord notarized, but we don't want to ask our friends here and across the pond to take a day out for this.
Will a signed letter from friends and family be enough - providing contact info is there?
Has anyone been sent back their docs asking them to make it legal?
Any light shed on this subject is most appreciated!
Thanks!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To notarize or not to notarize?

Originally Posted by chorlton79
Hi all,
I was hoping I could get some advice on what everyone does for their letters to immigration. We're going the common-law route and were going to get our letter from landlord notarized, but we don't want to ask our friends here and across the pond to take a day out for this.
Will a signed letter from friends and family be enough - providing contact info is there?
Has anyone been sent back their docs asking them to make it legal?
Any light shed on this subject is most appreciated!
Thanks!
Does it specifically ask for the letter from your landlord to be notorized? I would have thougt that you would simply send the original?
There are lotsof threads on this notirized question on tye forum, but not sure if its specifically on common law route.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 2:45 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

When submitted our documents for SWV, the paperwork we were sent from the embassy did not state "notarized copies" so we didn't. Everything was fine for us.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

chorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by JB0591
When submitted our documents for SWV, the paperwork we were sent from the embassy did not state "notarized copies" so we didn't. Everything was fine for us.
That's great news - thanks for the advice!