Not sure where to start

Old Oct 12th 2017, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not sure where to start

Originally Posted by P.hallett
Fsw 73
CRS 403
OK, so the 'eligible' is true - you can enter the pool (once you've officially done the language tests). Unfortunately, you are very unlikely to be drawn, the CRS level has never gone that low - the lowest was 413 in May 2017.

Is it worth being in the pool? Will it go that low again? That's a decision you have to make, as you'd be the one spending money on it (eg getting language and qualifications recognized).

To give you an idea where the scale runs, the distribution of candidates is posted at Express Entry invitation rounds - so for the last round, they took 2801 people. Your score has thousands more people between you and the threshold, so unless the immigration target goes up, or you can increase your skills, or people wanting to move to Canada goes down, it's not probable that FSW is a viable route for you.

As said before, if you can get an LMIA (proof that a Canadian employer can't hire a Canadian for a job you can do), or get married, those are routes that could get you over.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 5:02 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add to the other posts - the CRS score to get picked from the pool is different for 'Trades' - what is it you do?
#64 – May 26, 2017

Federal Skilled Trades Program

See full text of Ministerial Instruction
Number of invitations issued 400
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited
* 199 points
Candidates from the Federal Skilled Trades Program were eligible for this round of invitations.
There is also the possibility of being chosen from the pool for Provincial Nomination (Ontario for instance looks at anyone scoring over 400). Which Province were you thinking of?

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 13th 2017 at 5:08 am.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

P.hallett is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a van driver at the moment but have qualifications in agricultural mechanic have about 3 years experience

Alberta is the province I wish to move to as that's were my girlfriend lives
Old Oct 14th 2017, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Iv just had an email from haskew law offering me a formal and detailed assessment for £48 is it worth doing it or is it a waste of time and money?
Old Oct 14th 2017, 2:59 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P.hallett
Iv just had an email from haskew law offering me a formal and detailed assessment for £48 is it worth doing it or is it a waste of time and money?
They can't do any more than you can by using the tools available on CIC's website - I wouldn't bother, if I were you. You either have enough points for an invite, or you don't - and an Immigration consultant can't whisk up extra ones!

You mentioned you were a qualified Agricultural Mechanic, I'd suggest having a look at Express Entry 'Trades' stream and seeing if you meet the requirements.

Determine your eligibility — Skilled trades

Old Oct 16th 2017, 12:54 am
Just Joined

OK thanks I won't bother wasting my money then

As for the express entry trade it says I'm eligible for that route provided I got the right trade letter for my qualifications
Old Oct 20th 2017, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks for everyones advise so far I'm coming over to Canada for Christmas and all of January is there anything I should do while I'm there apart from try to find a job there?
Tia