Express entry

Old Mar 8th 2018, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Triplet22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Express entry

Hi everyone,
We are at the very early stages of this process.
I am an Irish Vet who qualified in Dublin in 2011, I have been working in the U.K. since then. My partner is a human nurse with an a tea icu qualification, he qualified quite some time ago and has been working in the nhs for over 20 years. He qualified before they issued nursing degrees though so has a nursing diploma and advanced qualifications.
We are hoping to move to Ontario in 18months/2 years time.
Should we start the process for express entry now? I have exams to do as will my partner we believe.
Our reason for waiting a couple of years to move is that we need to save more money and I’m pregnant at the moment.
If we do start the process now, where do we even start?
Any advice/help would be appreciated.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express entry

I would suggest looking at what is required for Express Entry but if not looking to move over for 2 years then its a bit pointless applying now as if eligible and making the pool its only valid for 12 months.

All about EE
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-entry.html
Old Mar 8th 2018, 12:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Originally Posted by Triplet22
We are hoping to move to Ontario in 18months/2 years time.
Should we start the process for express entry now?
I'm going to disagree with FL, and say I think you should start the process now. Once you've got PR, you've got approx 4 years before you actually have to move, but it's going to take you around a year or so to get PR anyway. Getting all your paperwork together before being able to enter the pool will take you a few months by the time you've waited for ECA's and IELTS results, then it may take you a while to get selected and invited to apply for PR, then another month or two to get that paperwork together, then 6 months processing time (roughly).

Given how often things change in immigration, if you're eligible now I'd personally recommend you apply now - you never know, if you wait CIC may change things completely and you find you are no longer able to apply! And 18 months to 2 years works well with the processing times, so your timescale matches up IMO.

Originally Posted by Triplet22
If we do start the process now, where do we even start?
Any advice/help would be appreciated.
I'm assuming you've checked your CRS scores? That's the crucial first step, to make sure you're actually in with a change of getting an invitation to apply for PR, before spending money on the required docs etc.

Once you know you're scoring enough, then whoever is the principal applicant needs to apply for the IELTS exam, and their ECA. Both of those are mandatory to enter the pool. The other of you only needs those if you need the extra points for their education and language, so it's not obligatory for you both to have them, but you will need to if you're close to the points threshold.

HTH a bit, best of luck with the baby and the planned move.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 8th 2018 at 12:16 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Triplet22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone,
I have checked and with me as the main applicant we have a decent CRS score.
I’m going to start the process now having read your responses.
I will get applying for exams!