Move to Canada... Low CRS Score

Old Sep 28th 2017, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Sidhu30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Move to Canada... Low CRS Score

Hi,

Me and my husband want to move to Canada. We have 2 toddler boys. We applied through the express entry route and after my 34th birthday my points dropped slightly and i am now at 354 CRS Points. I applied as the main applicant as i have the higher educational credentials. I am a civil servant servant in the UK and my husband is my accompanying spouse who is a security systems engineer and 31 years old. Is there anything we can do to boost our CRS points quickly (within 6 months or so). I have been in the pool since last December and will reapply this year again but i would appreciate advice on any other way we could move to Canada.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 3:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to Canada... Low CRS Score

I don't think you could get your points up enough to be in with a chance of getting an ITA, as that is quite low, even if you had a job offer you'd still be below the previous minimum FSW score.

So maybe look at moving out on a TWP and then trying to apply once you've worked in Canada for a year and have some Canadian experience (as well as the job offer)?
Old Sep 29th 2017, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Ashley_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have top scores for your language tests, these can earn you a lot and increase your score? - This is achievable within 6 months.

Also a degree will help a lot if you don't already have one, if you don't have one it's not likely that you can get one within 6 months.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you have a good level of French (and could pass the French language test) I think Christmas is on the money in that you may need to find a way to come as TWP and then transition to PR via CEC.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Sidhu30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for all your responses. I do have a degree and my IELTS Score was 8. How can i apply for a temporary work permit? Do i need a job offer from an employer, even for temp work? Many thanks in advance.

B
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 11:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sidhu30
Thank you for all your responses. I do have a degree and my IELTS Score was 8. How can i apply for a temporary work permit? Do i need a job offer from an employer, even for temp work? Many thanks in advance.

B
Yes, you need a job offer and a LMIA - this is something the employer needs to apply for, to prove that they have advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian wiling, or able, to do the job. The LMIA costs the employer $1000 and can take around 3 months, but you cannot get a 'normal' work permit without this.

Are you both from the UK? You or your husband aren't Irish by any chance?
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, you need a job offer and a LMIA - this is something the employer needs to apply for, to prove that they have advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian wiling, or able, to do the job. The LMIA costs the employer $1000 and can take around 3 months, but you cannot get a 'normal' work permit without this.

Or do either of you work for a UK company with a presence in Canada?
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 2:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Or do either of you work for a UK company with a presence in Canada?
I had the same thought, but see the first post, unfortunately the OP is a civil servant and her OH is a security systems engineer - assuming the later is what I think it is (somebody that installs/maintains security systems i.e. burglar alarms etc), then neither will be eligible for an ICT TWP unfortunately.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 4:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same thought, but see the first post, unfortunately the OP is a civil servant and her OH is a security systems engineer - assuming the later is what I think it is (somebody that installs/maintains security systems i.e. burglar alarms etc), then neither will be eligible for an ICT TWP unfortunately.
Could be an IT Security Systems Engineer, perhaps.

https://www.herjavecgroup.com/securi...tems-engineer/
Old Oct 4th 2017, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

leah_aalin is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hijack the thread a little, but I'm in a similar position and my husband is eligible for an Irish passport...does this make a difference?
Old Oct 4th 2017, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leah_aalin
Sorry to hijack the thread a little, but I'm in a similar position and my husband is eligible for an Irish passport...does this make a difference?
Being eligible for an Irish passport means that he could apply for the IEC working holiday visa which is valid for 2 years as the cut off age is 35 for Irish citizens on the IEC. The IEC is another route to potentially getting PR status under Canadian Experience Class as they would hopefully have the 12 months of work in Canada.