Medical request wait.....

Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:12 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical request wait.....

Originally Posted by The Logans
It says in process since 29/07/10, my contact at Manitoba Immigration wont contact CIV until 120 days have passed and just keeps saying things are moving, but as PNP we are supposed to be all done and dusted in 6 months as per CIC website
Hmm - what the CIC website says and what actually happens are worlds apart.

I would send a case specific e-mail and ask them to confirm whether med requests have been issued. On lots of occasions med requests can get lost in the post. What usually happens is 5/6 weeks after you have changed to in process, CIC would issue med requests. Obviously this could slow down, but I would still e-mail to confirm.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

The Logans will become famous soon enoughThe Logans will become famous soon enough

I ve been desperate to contact them but have also been told not to as this will slow the application - all very hard - I have an image of CIC being 1 huge room with 1 person working in it!
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:26 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Logans
I ve been desperate to contact them but have also been told not to as this will slow the application - all very hard - I have an image of CIC being 1 huge room with 1 person working in it!
It most definately 100% does not slow the application down. Just send the e-mail and at least you will know something!
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:40 am
No longer waiting :-)

iamafish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rubie - I don't know if the Study Permit made a difference, or not. I don't know if the two departments work together, or not - though, presumably, if you are stating Dual Intent on the SP application they will cross-check...? Mind you, it hasn't made any difference with our second SP application, for the youngest, which is now in its 4th/5th week.

We had the medicals yesterday and got the thumbs-up from the DMP, so hubby ships out on Sunday with the moggy, with me and youngest in hot pursuit in a couple of weeks time (pending SP approval). Yippeekiyay!
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

tron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to all

I was trying to track my file with my immigration number but for some reason I cannot. Presumably it will still say 'in process,' but will call/email to make sure.

I was also told contacting high commision can slow down the process (can't remember where or by whom) - but to be honest I would rather have the process slowed down, rather than keep on waiting and not knowing whats going on.

was also thinking of arranging doctors appointment now, for maybe Dec/Jan, just incase there are long waiting times for doctor appointments.

Good Luck everyone

Congratulations iamafish do the DMP tell you on the same day that your medicals were succesful or do they normally write to you (some posts have said they have been waiting ages after they did their medicals). Anyway, all the best to you.

Last edited by tron08028; Oct 29th 2010 at 11:59 am.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by tron08028
I was trying to track my file with my immigration number but for some reason I cannot. Presumably it will still say 'in process,' but will call/email to make sure.

I was also told contacting high commision can slow down the process (can't remember where or by whom) - but to be honest I would rather have the process slowed down, rather than keep on waiting and not knowing whats going on.

was also thinking of arranging doctors appointment now, for maybe Dec/Jan, just incase there are long waiting times for doctor appointments.

Good Luck everyone

Congratulations iamafish do the DMP tell you on the same day that your medicals were succesful or do they normally write to you (some posts have said they have been waiting ages after they did their medicals). Anyway, all the best to you.
What country are you inputting for your place of birth?
Old Oct 29th 2010, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

tron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Medical request wait.....

Hi amydavid,

I am putting in United Kingdom as place of birth
Old Oct 29th 2010, 12:40 pm
No longer waiting :-)

iamafish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tron08028 - our DMP told us straight away that there were no problems with meds and x-rays, and marked us all as Nothing Significant, though the bloods were not back when we had the medicals done. As the bloods are for HIV/syphilis I am not expecting any issues from those, otherwise my 15 -year will have some serious explaining to do.... However, the usual disclaimer applies - the final say will always be with the CHC. Our daughter who is at Dal has had her meds done in Halifax, but I guess the results will all meet up at CHC in their own good time. The DMP has to send the results to the local office within 5 days of getting everything, so they do keep things moving along v. efficiently.

As far as waiting-lists for appointments are concerned, the DMP guidelines (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm.../dmp/index.asp) state:

"DMPs must provide appointments to applicants requesting an IME within 14 days of the request."

so you should never have to wait longer than 14 days anyway. Do be aware that, if you do book in advance but don't get the paperwork in time, you will very probably have to pay a missed appointment fee to the DMP.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hi iamafish,

Thanks for your reply and the info - good to know.

I was just abit concerned as I have been suffering for depression for over ten years (for which i am taking medication and pay for my own prescriptions). I don't think that I would affect the Canadian healthcare system as I would be paying for my own medication.

I have not told my immigration lawyer (as they have not asked), but will disclose this when I go for my medicals. Apart from this I have no other serious medical conditions. I read one post with a similar situation and they did not have any problems - just don't want to have to retake the medicals and wait another six months!
Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:07 pm

Hi amydavid,

I am putting in United Kingdom as place of birth
You need to put england or scotland etc
Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:08 pm

Hi iamafish,

Thanks for your reply and the info - good to know.

I was just abit concerned as I have been suffering for depression for over ten years (for which i am taking medication and pay for my own prescriptions). I don't think that I would affect the Canadian healthcare system as I would be paying for my own medication.

I have not told my immigration lawyer (as they have not asked), but will disclose this when I go for my medicals. Apart from this I have no other serious medical conditions. I read one post with a similar situation and they did not have any problems - just don't want to have to retake the medicals and wait another six months!
If you check the box regarding depression I would very much expect that CIC would request you go for additional tests. In all three cases I have seen with people with depression - they have all had to go for additional testing.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 3:33 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Have you checked ECAS to see what it says? If it still states "Received by Visa Office" then no medical requests will be appearing anytime soon.
Hi Amy

I do not have a file number. London office does not give out file numbers for PNP applications however I am making enquiries to see if I can get it.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 3:37 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by iamafish
Hi Rubie - I don't know if the Study Permit made a difference, or not. I don't know if the two departments work together, or not - though, presumably, if you are stating Dual Intent on the SP application they will cross-check...? Mind you, it hasn't made any difference with our second SP application, for the youngest, which is now in its 4th/5th week.

We had the medicals yesterday and got the thumbs-up from the DMP, so hubby ships out on Sunday with the moggy, with me and youngest in hot pursuit in a couple of weeks time (pending SP approval). Yippeekiyay!

Good news!! I am so very very jealous but wish you all the best with your move. Do you have property to sell or anything - you seem to be hot off the mark so to say. I can't see me being quite so ready so soon.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Rubie
Hi Amy

I do not have a file number. London office does not give out file numbers for PNP applications however I am making enquiries to see if I can get it.
Ahh sorry - I thought you had had aor from them - perhaps NSNP have it?
Old Oct 29th 2010, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Medical request wait.....

Thanks for all the info amydavid, will follow up.

Great website by the way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.