British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Medical processing and landing timelines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/medical-processing-landing-timelines-907408/)

Canada_gal Jan 2nd 2018 5:16 pm

Medical processing and landing timelines

My son has a pre-existing medical condition (very mild cerebral palsy) so as you can imagine, they are taking their time to process our medical results. We submitted our application on 14th July under Express Entry and it still says they are reviewing our medical results (our 6 months will be up in 2 weeks) I have 2 questions:

1) Does anyone have experience of medical results processing timescales with a pre-existing condition and can share your experience?
2) Everything I've read says you have to land within a year of your medical exam otherwise they expire. For us, this would be 26th May 2018. If CIC take a long time to process the medical results, will they extend this? Both me and my other half have a 3 month notice period at work...

Would appreciate if anyone could shed some light on either question for me! TIA!

Farmhand Jan 4th 2018 7:53 am

Re: Medical processing and landing timelines

Originally Posted by Canada_gal (Post 12409323)
My son has a pre-existing medical condition (very mild cerebral palsy) so as you can imagine, they are taking their time to process our medical results. We submitted our application on 14th July under Express Entry and it still says they are reviewing our medical results (our 6 months will be up in 2 weeks) I have 2 questions:

1) Does anyone have experience of medical results processing timescales with a pre-existing condition and can share your experience?
2) Everything I've read says you have to land within a year of your medical exam otherwise they expire. For us, this would be 26th May 2018. If CIC take a long time to process the medical results, will they extend this? Both me and my other half have a 3 month notice period at work...

Would appreciate if anyone could shed some light on either question for me! TIA!

Once the 6 months is up you can put in a case specific enquiry to find out what's going on. They do extend meds but it seems to be on a case by case basis depending on the circumstances / officer.

Canada_gal Jan 5th 2018 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Farmhand (Post 12410676)
Once the 6 months is up you can put in a case specific enquiry to find out what's going on. They do extend meds but it seems to be on a case by case basis depending on the circumstances / officer.

Thanks! Do you know how to raise an enquiry? I had a look in my account but couldn't see anything obvious.

christmasoompa Jan 5th 2018 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Canada_gal (Post 12411549)
Thanks! Do you know how to raise an enquiry? I had a look in my account but couldn't see anything obvious.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...e-cas-eng.aspx

Just to point out that your notice period at work isn't relevant, you only have to 'land' to activate PR before the year is up, but you can return to the UK on the next flight if you wish, you don't actually have to move.

HTH.

Farmhand Jan 5th 2018 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Canada_gal (Post 12411549)

try :- IRCC Web form

Canada_gal Jan 5th 2018 3:36 pm

Thanks for the link and info. I'm aware we can do a soft landing, but don't want to pay for flights for 3 ppl - especially as my son is school age so the only time we could land is during the Easter holidays. We can do it if absolutely necessary but hoping if they don't process in the 6 months that they will give us some leeway in landing date...

Canada_gal Jan 5th 2018 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Farmhand (Post 12411716)

Thanks!

Canada_gal Jan 18th 2018 6:51 am

I submitted a case specific enquiry on Monday and asked about the medicals and they replied overnight with a standard response that says ‘you can check the status of your application at any time by logging in to your application through your account’.

I checked the online account and nothing has changed so they have completely avoided the question I asked them. Has anyone else struggled to get information out of them? What’s the point of submitting a case specific enquiry if they don’t actually answer the enquiry? Any tips for getting some actual information out of them?

Argh!!!

christmasoompa Jan 18th 2018 7:28 am

Just reply to the email pointing out that your question hasn't been answered and they are usually pretty good at responding.

Good luck.

Noopur Oct 23rd 2018 10:20 am

Hi Dear
What is the status of your application now ?
Is it still pending ?

Canada_gal Oct 23rd 2018 10:52 am

They finally approved the medicals Aug this year and we got our ppr about 2 weeks ago. So we basically had 15 months from submitting application to receiving ppr.

Noopur Oct 23rd 2018 11:07 am

Thanks dear.
I have sent you a private message

Siouxie Oct 23rd 2018 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Noopur (Post 12581796)
Thanks dear.
I have sent you a private message

Please don't send Private Messages with reference to Immigration matters, thanks. If you have questions about any aspect of Immigration please start a new thread - we'll be happy to help! :)
https://britishexpats.com/forum/immi.../#post11367354

Noopur Oct 24th 2018 3:06 am

Sorry for sending private message and asking further information.
I was not aware of the rules.Sincere Apologies
Can you share your visa type, points, how old is the little one and what is the problem
My daughter is 2 years and doesnot walk now however she sits and stands independently

Many thanks in advance,

christmasoompa Oct 25th 2018 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Noopur (Post 12582228)
Sorry for sending private message and asking further information.
I was not aware of the rules.Sincere Apologies
Can you share your visa type, points, how old is the little one and what is the problem
My daughter is 2 years and doesnot walk now however she sits and stands independently

Many thanks in advance,

She's said above - Cerebral Palsy. As Siouxie has suggested, it would be much better to start your own thread please, partly as no two cases are the same, but also because this is a really old thread!