Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

medical form - wrong country! help!

medical form - wrong country! help!

Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:02 pm
mzp
Forum Regular

mzp will become famous soon enoughmzp will become famous soon enough
Default medical form - wrong country! help!

me again! looks like i'm going to be a regular at this site!
re request for medical info and fees.
was checking over hubbys form and says his country of birth is england. it's not - it's scotland. they've got mine and my daughters right.

do i have to send it back to the CHC to get it re-issued with the correct country?
pain in the bum!

TIA

M
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:14 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical form - wrong country! help!

Originally Posted by mzp
was checking over hubbys form and says his country of birth is england. it's not - it's scotland. they've got mine and my daughters right.

do i have to send it back to the CHC to get it re-issued with the correct country?
pain in the bum!

TIA

M
just tell your dmp to correct it on the form.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mzp

pain in the bum!

TIA

M
Would make more sense if they just said "UK" or "Great Britain". Now CIC are insulting the Scots. That is never good. My Nanny Lizzy would turn in her grave. UK for everything.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:28 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Mine said England when it should have been Northern Ireland (despite NI not being a country but that's a different story.) We put UK on all our paperwork to avoid just this confusion but there you go. Just correct it, or get the DMP to correct it when you have your medicals done. Happens all the time, very common for them to make silly mistakes like that. Correct it and they'll send it in, it won't be a problem. Happened to me, happens a lot.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mzp

pain in the bum!

TIA

M
Inform whatever office you applied through and then take your birth certificate to the medical and have the doc correct it. Same thing happened to me unfortunately but it didn't cost me any time, just a phone call to the lawyer's office and two rants at the person handling my file; one for not noticing it despite holding the form for 4 weeks and the second for saying it wasn't a big deal :curse: