Marriage question

Old Jan 23rd 2001, 7:22 am
ciro0215

Hi,

I applied for immigration to Canada in March 1999. I sent my documents in Belgrade,
because I'm from Bulgaria. Because of war in Kosovo my documents have been moved to
Vienna, Austria. Now I have invitation for interview. It will be after two weeks.

But I have a girlfriend and I want to take her with me in Canada. Does anybody know what
should I do? Is there a way?

Thank you in advance! ciro

Old Jan 23rd 2001, 3:07 pm
Andrew Miller

You can't add your girlfriend to the application - if you marry her then you may do it
after the wedding.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

> Hi,
>
> I applied for immigration to Canada in March 1999. I sent my documents in Belgrade,
> because I'm from Bulgaria. Because of war in Kosovo my documents have been moved to
> Vienna, Austria. Now I have invitation for interview. It will be after two weeks.
>
> But I have a girlfriend and I want to take her with me in Canada. Does anybody know what
> should I do? Is there a way?
>
> Thank you in advance! ciro

Old Jan 23rd 2001, 3:25 pm
David Cohen

Hi,
>
> I applied for immigration to Canada in March 1999. I sent my documents in Belgrade,
> because I'm from Bulgaria. Because of war in Kosovo my documents have been moved to
> Vienna, Austria. Now I have invitation for interview. It will be after two weeks.
>
> But I have a girlfriend and I want to take her with me in Canada. Does anybody know what

In order to be eligible to include her in your present application, you would be required
to marry and amend her to the existing case. Additional information on this topic may be
found at Campbell, Cohen's web site at the following URL:

http://canadavisa.com/documents/amend.htm
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law [email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Old Jan 23rd 2001, 4:13 pm
boriana7

Is there any way to marry her after the interview and to add the spouse in the application
after that. If they can go to Canada together?

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Vienna, Austria. Now I have invitation
for
> interview. It will be after two weeks.
>
>
> Thank you in advance! ciro

Old Jan 23rd 2001, 4:55 pm
Andrew Miller

Yes, you may add your spouse after the interview, but before visa is issued.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

> Is there any way to marry her after the interview and to add the spouse in the
> application after that. If they can go to Canada together?
>
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I applied for immigration to Canada in March 1999. I sent my documents in Belgrade,
> > because I'm from Bulgaria. Because of war in Kosovo my documents have been moved to
> > Vienna, Austria. Now I have invitation
> for
> > interview. It will be after two weeks.
> >
> > But I have a girlfriend and I want to take her with me in Canada. Does anybody know
> > what should I do? Is there a way?
> >
> > Thank you in advance! ciro
> >

> >

Old Jan 29th 2001, 7:09 am
lamyata

Hi Ciro,

I am not an expert in immigration matters but will give you some tips based on what I have
read from this discussion and elsewhere.

1. Whatever you do (marry your girlfriend or not), be sure to inform the Canadian Embassy
immediately. If you marry her, not inform the embassy, and then get a visa, you visa
will be invalid, because you have not provided correct information to the Canadian
authorities, and you will have serious problems.

2. If you marry her before being issued a visa, and then inform the embassy, you will have
to wait until the Canadians do some screening on her, and this may delay your visa, so
be prepared for that.

3. If you get the visa and then marry her, you will have to go to Canada first without her
and then sponsor her as a spouse. You may be able to get her to you earlier by helping
her to obtain a visitor visa. She will come there as a tourist, but I am not sure how
easily this can be done. I am sure that eventually you will be able to reunite in
Canada, but you will almost certainly have to live for some time separately.

So practiaclly you have to choose between options 2 and 3.

I hope this helps you in some way.

I am Bulgarian too and am currently waiting for my interview, so if you can give me some
information about the interview, please drop me a line. You can post the info at this
forum or can email it to me to [email protected].

Best of luck,

Lyoubo

Old Jan 30th 2001, 3:49 am
laurieiratko

In our experience family reunification processing for those from the Balkans moves
excruciatingly slowly. The stories you hear about speedy processing in such cases are
almost always from the U.S. or Great Britain. If you leave her behind you may wait one
heck of a long time. Good luck.