Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Apr 16th 2012, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Gustekp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Hi Manitobian,
Just joined the Forum and an so impressive with your attitude towards interested immigrants to Manitoba.

I am also interested but will send a PM tomorrow.Wonderful resource center,keep it up and God bless.

Gustekp
Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone,

How do I send a PM?

Thanks Gustekp
Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gustekp
Hi everyone,

How do I send a PM?

Thanks Gustekp
1. click on the forum ID
2. click "Send a private message to XXX", the second option on the list
3. there you go
Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks New start,but adminstrator restrict posting to 3 before an access can be granted.Haave you applied?
Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gustekp
Thanks New start,but adminstrator restrict posting to 3 before an access can be granted.Haave you applied?
It's an anti-spam measure, hopefully you can PM now.

But PM's are really to be used for personal stuff i.e. friendships. If you're after general advice from Manitobain, it would be better to ask on the forum - that way everybody will benefit from the advice, and she also may not appreciate being asked for info via PM. Personally, I tend not to answer immigration queries via PM to avoid wrong info being given and also because otherwise you can get inundated by them, and I know lots of other forum members feel the same.

Good luck with your visa process.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 18th 2012 at 9:51 am.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

favor is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello manitobian

I requested for an invite for the exploratory visit and after a few days, I got the routine letter asking some questions. I answered and goofed by writing that I have a friend who just landed in Manitoba late last year which was true in a sense. I was then advised, in a letter, to ask my friend to sponsor me which he would not be able to do. Besides, I dont have another friend to make the 2 friends requiired to support me. I explained this to them in my response and I have been given the silent treatment.

Can anyone pls let me in into the minds of the PNP guys and what next I can do.
Thanks for your prompt response.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Brian C is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow,
I receive the acceptance for EV after 3 months waiting.
the officials expressed that they would like to know our itineraries, meetings that we plan... can somebody suggest some good recruitment agents, housing agents in Winnipeg,
Thanks, Brian
Old Apr 19th 2012, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

@ Brian: congrats! lovely_clouds is probably better to answer your specific Wpg questions ..and I am sure she will be around soon .

@favor: If you advised them that you would fit into the category of GS, explaining the situation, I'd think you should then still be in the running (60 or 120 days) but this is just an assumption on my side now.

Did you have any specific officer replying to you or was it rather a generic answer? If you have an officers direct email, I would inquire if my assumption is right.

PNP officers mind are set that way (or so I have been told) that the strategic stream is only for those who don't fit into any other stream, yet has high possibility of being employed and bringing economic growth to MB. So..thats why you got that email. But, as they are human, once you explain, they should understand. Having all that said, think PNP officers mind are very much sidetracked these days with all the stuff that fed and prov. government says or does not say...again..my assumption.

Ilse
Old Apr 19th 2012, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Thank you manitobian.

The letter must be a generic one as it was not signed by anyone. What I explained was that I have not heard from my friend since he moved to MB as well as not having 2 friends to support me to qualify under GS. They usually reply my mails within 2 weeks and it has passed the two weeks without a response.

Really worried now.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Thanks christma,

I quite appreciate your concerns and am not new in forum discussion.When I mean to send a PM be sure it is very neccessary and important.Howver,Manitobain had replied to my mail.

I enjoy,learn and contribute to post.

Thanks for your concern

Gustekp
Old Apr 19th 2012, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by favor
Thank you manitobian.

The letter must be a generic one as it was not signed by anyone. What I explained was that I have not heard from my friend since he moved to MB as well as not having 2 friends to support me to qualify under GS. They usually reply my mails within 2 weeks and it has passed the two weeks without a response.

Really worried now.
hi favor,
it could be both and I can't answer that question for sure. They could have put your file away as "not granted" or they are just behind answering.

Can I ask what is your profession and where in MB did you plan on going?
Old Apr 20th 2012, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks Manitobian

One more question though, shouldnt they write me to say my request is not granted?

Can I reapply at some point? if yes, when, in your opinion.

Many thanks.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by Brian C
Wow,
I receive the acceptance for EV after 3 months waiting.
the officials expressed that they would like to know our itineraries, meetings that we plan... can somebody suggest some good recruitment agents, housing agents in Winnipeg,
Thanks, Brian
hi Brian

Congrats on getting acceptance to EV. Few of the good agents that I keep refering to in Winnipeg are:-

http://www.peoplefirsthr.com/careers/
http://www.aplin.com/
http://www.summitsearchgroup.com/
http://www.harrisconsult.com/positions.asp
http://www.thepeoplebank.com/JobSearch
http://www.legacybowes.com/
Randstad Technologies (IT profiles only)
Spherion (Other than IT) (lately taken over by Randstad)

CAR RENTALS
I also did a post in the thread itself about car rentals in Winnipeg. Its quite detailed. You can see that as well.

STAYS
To check out the B&B's (stay in Canada): http://www.bbcanada.com/manitoba/winnipeg/winnipeg

OR you can use this site to find the hotels of ALL price ranges:- http://www.travellerhut.com

Cheers..
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Brian C
Hi,
For the EV purpose, how long can we apply for TRV (1 year / multiple entry visa possible?)
Brian
Brian,

Canada authorities have provision for 10 yr (max upto expiry date of your passport) multiple entry travel visa (no business, no work). It depends on the officials in country where visa is applied on whether they grant the multiple entry or not.

Just write a promising introduction letter for Visa application and keep fingers crossed.

The visa application has filed for purpose of visit. There you can use the reference for EV, and give contact details of officer who granted you EV approval.

Cheers...
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by New_Start
Congratulations!

And for my online application I got this email: With regards to your recently submitted Manitoba Provincial Nominee Online Application (MPNP) please be advised; due to technical difficulties of the MPNP online application system, your application file number has not been generated and sent to you. Please be assured we are working to resolve this issue, and your data remains secure until such time that it has been migrated to our servers.

So it happens. I'm waiting for my file number.
Aaah.. technical difficulties. I do hope our application is not hampered with it

Hey Ilse, its 2 months exact since we submitted our PNP application online. do you think we should send a warm email to officers .. just checking that things are ok with our application?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.