Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Apr 3rd 2012, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Ingodwetrust is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Hey guys,
Is it normal that I sent my exploratory visit request on March 23 and didn't get an acknowledgement email yet. It has been almost a week and a half. I'm starting to worry a little bit. Any information. Did some of u wait for a while to hear back from them when u sent your first email.
Any answers will really be appreciated
@never give up: U have great chances to get the exploratory visit. they need someone who has been working full time for at least two years and I think that living in a north American country would be a plus in your file. The other thing, u just need to convince them why u want to go to manitoba, just try to do some research about the province so that they know u are serious about it and also try to show them that u can be employable with your partner there.
Just go ahead and send an email, U'll get it
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

never_giveup is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ingodwetrust
Hey guys,
Is it normal that I sent my exploratory visit request on March 23 and didn't get an acknowledgement email yet. It has been almost a week and a half. I'm starting to worry a little bit. Any information. Did some of u wait for a while to hear back from them when u sent your first email.
Any answers will really be appreciated
@never give up: U have great chances to get the exploratory visit. they need someone who has been working full time for at least two years and I think that living in a north American country would be a plus in your file. The other thing, u just need to convince them why u want to go to manitoba, just try to do some research about the province so that they know u are serious about it and also try to show them that u can be employable with your partner there.
Just go ahead and send an email, U'll get it
@Ingodwetrust: Thanks for the information and encouragement. Will give it a shot.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

never_giveup is an unknown quantity at this point

Ingodwetrust: Do you mind helping me with the application. Do you have a sample letter or anything like that ?
Old Apr 4th 2012, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

First Full Day in Winnipeg:

Okay guys, this is a summary of how it went today. Today was my first full day in Winnipeg and it was a really eye interesting. I was practically in downtown Winnipeg where most of the government and corporate offices are located. Took the public transport throughout my trip so as to understand how it works and as lovely_clouds did say the new Bus Rapid Transport starts on April 8 which will involve some re-routing from the current routes.

Was at Tourism Winnipeg where I was handed some valuable documents like maps and brochures detailing up coming events in the city. Also visited Manitoba Starts (office attending to landed immigrants in the province) so as to gather some information for my use tomorrow and was very pleased with the calmness and eagerness of the officer who attended to me considering the fact that they deal with landed immigrants or provincial nominees. Met a couple of landed immigrants who are being attended to and that kind of encouraged me that this is the province to be.

So what is the outlook like? Tomorrow and the next is going to be busy due to the upcoming Easter break starting on Friday (Good Friday and Easter Monday).

@Lovely_Clouds: Met Francis and Anya and they spoke highly of you and your hubby and did tell them all what you asked me to tell them. They were excited and pleased with the success you achieved while you were here.

For other planning to and those waiting for approval to visit wishing you all the best.

Dammy
Old Apr 4th 2012, 1:29 am
Just Joined

mtbiker is an unknown quantity at this point

@dammy, congratulations! that's wonderful to know about your condition in Winnipeg. keep it up and God bless.

Ingodwetrust, thank you for the tip. I will also consider that since I'm sending my request for exploratory visit today.

Will
Old Apr 4th 2012, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

hey guys (n girls).. thx for all the well wishes, feeling already almost myself again (good thing? lost a few pounds..now to keep them off).

@ Ingodwetrust: usually I'd say you should have an acknowledgement by now, but we did have a week of spring break...which meant, lot of ppl were off work, pnp officers not excluded. The other thing you want to consider is, how big was your email? They get refused after a certain size (boah, if I could now remember how much they said) and...the refusal note might end up in your junk box. So check the size, best to send only the resume along (Sarah told me, thats what she is picking out, when there is a whole long line of files attached, they don't have enough time to go through them all in the pre-process) and if you haven't heard by the weekend, take your email on Monday and resend it with a little note explaining.

As to question of 2 years full time work: I inquired for shhhh12 and there is no strict answer. They will look at the whole picture, so if for example you have great education/experience and/or a job in great demand...chances are they give you a little break if you haven't work 2 years fulltime. Soo, after all..nothing really to loose??

@ never_giveup: you should have good chances, important to show you are employable and that you plan to stay in MB permanently ...beside all over requirement on strategic stream.

@violet: learned today that the timeline I talked about earlier is such that mid Febr. notice from Sidney came...but then they had asked to transfer file to Buffalo (probably with the idea that they would be moving on WP before PR?). From Buffalo it slipped into the pilot case processing program with Ottawa (not sure what those criterias are as to who is in and who isnt) and from there they had not even 6 weeks later AOR and medical request in one email.

@Dammy, NostalgiaLava: have fun in Wpg, the weather was absolutely gorgeous today ...still might be snow on Sunday or so though . Don't forget to visit the Forks, my favorite place when I am in Wpg.

if I missed a question.. please do repeat?
Old Apr 4th 2012, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manitobain
hey guys (n girls).. thx for all the well wishes, feeling already almost myself again (good thing? lost a few pounds..now to keep them off).

@ Ingodwetrust: usually I'd say you should have an acknowledgement by now, but we did have a week of spring break...which meant, lot of ppl were off work, pnp officers not excluded. The other thing you want to consider is, how big was your email? They get refused after a certain size (boah, if I could now remember how much they said) and...the refusal note might end up in your junk box. So check the size, best to send only the resume along (Sarah told me, thats what she is picking out, when there is a whole long line of files attached, they don't have enough time to go through them all in the pre-process) and if you haven't heard by the weekend, take your email on Monday and resend it with a little note explaining.

As to question of 2 years full time work: I inquired for shhhh12 and there is no strict answer. They will look at the whole picture, so if for example you have great education/experience and/or a job in great demand...chances are they give you a little break if you haven't work 2 years fulltime. Soo, after all..nothing really to loose??

@ never_giveup: you should have good chances, important to show you are employable and that you plan to stay in MB permanently ...beside all over requirement on strategic stream.

@violet: learned today that the timeline I talked about earlier is such that mid Febr. notice from Sidney came...but then they had asked to transfer file to Buffalo (probably with the idea that they would be moving on WP before PR?). From Buffalo it slipped into the pilot case processing program with Ottawa (not sure what those criterias are as to who is in and who isnt) and from there they had not even 6 weeks later AOR and medical request in one email.

@Dammy, NostalgiaLava: have fun in Wpg, the weather was absolutely gorgeous today ...still might be snow on Sunday or so though . Don't forget to visit the Forks, my favorite place when I am in Wpg.

if I missed a question.. please do repeat?

@Manitobain: Will definitely visit the Forks. Read and heard so much about.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Milano97 is an unknown quantity at this point

@Dammy

Thanks man for the live update of your tour. I will be also travel from Frankfurt to Chicago & then Winnipeg on 21 st.

All the best. Cheers!!!
Old Apr 5th 2012, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

where2now will become famous soon enough

Hi all

I've been reading this thread for a few days now and have found it very informative, thanks to all the knowledgable contributors.

We are intending to request a visit out to Manitoba and in particular the area of Carman in the pembina valley and surrounding.

My family consists of me, my wife and 3 kids 11,13 and 15 so schools, college / university activities, shops etc.... required.

With regard to employment opportunities my background is in trucking having done long and short haul (European) driving, freight forwarding, transport managment and business owner. My wife currently operates her own business providing pet care, dog walking, home boarding of animals from rodents to cats dogs etc.... she has also been a dental nurse and had office admin roles inc managment.

We have looked at various locations prior to Manitoba and have tried to narrow it down by researching on the net however we would be grateful to hear from anyone in the area who can offer their views on the town of Carman and the surrounding rural municipality. We are also interested in joining the strategic initiative if possible.

All information on your beautiful area welcome
Old Apr 5th 2012, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by where2now
Hi all

I've been reading this thread for a few days now and have found it very informative, thanks to all the knowledgable contributors.

We are intending to request a visit out to Manitoba and in particular the area of Carman in the pembina valley and surrounding.

My family consists of me, my wife and 3 kids 11,13 and 15 so schools, college / university activities, shops etc.... required.

With regard to employment opportunities my background is in trucking having done long and short haul (European) driving, freight forwarding, transport managment and business owner. My wife currently operates her own business providing pet care, dog walking, home boarding of animals from rodents to cats dogs etc.... she has also been a dental nurse and had office admin roles inc managment.

We have looked at various locations prior to Manitoba and have tried to narrow it down by researching on the net however we would be grateful to hear from anyone in the area who can offer their views on the town of Carman and the surrounding rural municipality. We are also interested in joining the strategic initiative if possible.

All information on your beautiful area welcome
Hey @where2now ... Welcome to the forum. Manitoba sure is a gr8 province with loads & loads of opportunities. Specially....trucking - high in demand in Canada. I believe you shouldn't have any hurdles in strategic initiative. Still, I will wait for @manitobian's expert advice.

Cheers & all the best
Old Apr 5th 2012, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Milano97
@Dammy

Thanks man for the live update of your tour. I will be also travel from Frankfurt to Chicago & then Winnipeg on 21 st.

All the best. Cheers!!!
Good luck @milano97. Keep sharing your experiences in Manitoba. Will love to hear from you.

All the best.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

@ingodwetrust, @nevergiveup : like manitobian mentioned, the max limit on email is about 4 mb. And I wud suggest to limit your email upto 2 mb. If you are sending multiple files in attachment ..Then I will suggest to number the file names. E.g. Like manitobian mentioned file 0 shall be resume for primary applicant, file 1 shall be resume for second applicant, and so.

Also,
If you are sending multiple scanned files, like work certs, edu certs etc, don't do high resolution scans; and save on file size. They will ask again for those documents during exploratory visit interview , and later on.

Most imporatntly, you must emphasise & prove in your email that you fulfil criterion for exploratory visit.

I remember, the first email which we sent was like 8mb. But then we sent another email with all info, & all required documents - still 2.5 mb. And we received acknowledgement in 24 hours.

I hope my tips can help you & more.

All the best
Old Apr 5th 2012, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

where2now will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Hey @where2now ... Welcome to the forum. Manitoba sure is a gr8 province with loads & loads of opportunities. Specially....trucking - high in demand in Canada. I believe you shouldn't have any hurdles in strategic initiative. Still, I will wait for @manitobian's expert advice.

Cheers & all the best
Hi Lovely Clouds and thanks for the welcome
Old Apr 5th 2012, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dammy
First Full Day in Winnipeg:

Okay guys, this is a summary of how it went today. Today was my first full day in Winnipeg and it was a really eye interesting. I was practically in downtown Winnipeg where most of the government and corporate offices are located. Took the public transport throughout my trip so as to understand how it works and as lovely_clouds did say the new Bus Rapid Transport starts on April 8 which will involve some re-routing from the current routes.

Was at Tourism Winnipeg where I was handed some valuable documents like maps and brochures detailing up coming events in the city. Also visited Manitoba Starts (office attending to landed immigrants in the province) so as to gather some information for my use tomorrow and was very pleased with the calmness and eagerness of the officer who attended to me considering the fact that they deal with landed immigrants or provincial nominees. Met a couple of landed immigrants who are being attended to and that kind of encouraged me that this is the province to be.

So what is the outlook like? Tomorrow and the next is going to be busy due to the upcoming Easter break starting on Friday (Good Friday and Easter Monday).

@Lovely_Clouds: Met Francis and Anya and they spoke highly of you and your hubby and did tell them all what you asked me to tell them. They were excited and pleased with the success you achieved while you were here.

For other planning to and those waiting for approval to visit wishing you all the best.

Dammy
@dammy..... Wow. Good work in the day. Your experiences took us down our memory lane (can't believe it's almost 2 months up for us). We did visit Tourism Manitoba. It was just next to Ranstad, and couple books away from The D Office

People in Manitoba are so warm, so friendly, and so much more talkative ha ha ha. While u'r at Bright Oakes, do visit 7-11 that's on the cross road (even the 2 girls on counter there, they r from Phillipines, had started to recognise us) & take an evening walk along road on river road - lovely peaceful walk. If u'r feeling hungry, or need a quick bite near to Bright Oakes - try Panago pizza. Nice cheese they had. Or any where in city - try Santa Lucia.

We miss it all

How r u liking your stay? I hope they shared good things about us if u'r lucky you might see deer in their lovely long backyard. Is the backyard green now, or still covered in snow? Francis can also give you a lot of info about stay in Canada, & housing etc.

Wish we can b back there again....soon.

And hey while you'd planning to visit Forks, do try out the real Maple syrup, made in ON or QUebec. The maple leaf shaped bottles from Forks serve as good momentos as well.

Hope you have lot of fun there. Cheers. And keep writing.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

mtbiker is an unknown quantity at this point

Lovely_clouds, glad to hear that your first MB visit left you with a good impression. Keep prayin.

I sent my email request couple of days ago. I got so exited and didnt notice that the file size reached 10mb. I then received a Mail Delivery Subsystem (MDS) stating that my attachment has exceeded the fixed maximum message size. So what I did was, I downsized the file and resent it, but still reached 5.4mb. I didnt get MDS this time though. But upon reading your posts about the 4mb size limit, I think I should consider sending another email to them.

How were you able to downsize your file without affecting the quality of the resolution? My 5.4mb is only consists of 6kinds of doc. Another thing, in my email I also mentioned a little information about my spouse' work. Should I also have to send a copy if her resume to them?

Thanks all in advance.

Will

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.