Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Mar 19th 2012, 8:45 am
Just Joined

maple44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Thank you very much Manitobain , I will search these web sites, and hope to start preparing a good scheme of all the biotech/pharma companies in Winnipeg and Brandon. In the meantime, and following the experience of Lovely Clouds, I will also start contacting the human resources departments of these companies for potential interviews during the visit to MB.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manitobain
@New_Start: great to hear! When will you travel?

@maple44: thanks for your nice words I honestly don't know if your job is in demand (I declare this a "city job" ..and I am far from one) . You will have to do your research at the different job sites and/or maybe someone comes along here and has more knowledge.
You can also check on the immigratemanitoba.com website under "working in MB", you can type in your job title(s), click on the areas where you would like to go in MB (probably would be Winnipeg or Brandon?) and it will give you an idea if there are jobs outthere.

Or another good site is http://www.mb.jobfutures.org/home.cfm?lang=en . It gives you a general outlook.

cheers
Ilse
Thanks. Since I don't have a job offer, I will move as long as I get PR.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by New_Start
Hi everyone,

Just let you know, I got PNP invitation last week. Now start preparing required documents.

Congratulations. Now the game has just begun.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dammy
Congratulations. Now the game has just begun.
Thanks
Old Mar 20th 2012, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Hey,
Quick question, do I really have to submit certificate of high school?
Old Mar 20th 2012, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by New_Start
Hey,
Quick question, do I really have to submit certificate of high school?

I want to be believe so but people like lovely_clouds, violets are blue, etc shed more light on that.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 1:38 am
Just Joined

mtbiker is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi manitobain, violets are blue & everyone! ive read this discussion from page 1 and ive learned a lot about Strategic Initiative Streams. Thank you for the meaty information youre sharing here with. You guys have been truly so helpful to us newbies in this stream.

We have 2 family-like friends from Wpg who are sponsoring us under General Stream and we’d be submitting our application by august 2012. However, when I read and understand this exploratory visit, I realized that we are also qualified to apply for this stream based on the 7 basic criteria given at Manitoba website.

My question is, would it be a plus to our application if we will use my friend’s address (and make him my contact person, call, email, etc.) on my behalf? It’s like the general stream approach but the only difference is we will conduct an exploratory visit? Sorry for jumping to high. Of course it’s too early for me to say all these as we would need to get the request to visit approved first before going with these kind of query. We will send our first email (request for exploratory visit) next week.

Anyways, thanks so very much to you all for the tips and advice that you’re giving to everyone here.

Oh and, by the way, a little information about me if you might wanna ask:
I am from Philippines but currently living and working in Japan as a civil engineer. I’m now in mid 30s. My wife is working as a pre-school English teacher. My experience involves more on design and construction of various structures, as well as airport development planning. Though I understand that in MB, we can only practice our discipline if we are an APEGM member as required by law. Anyhow, thanks all!
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Tann is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mtbiker. Would just like to share my experience. I wrote a request for an exploratory visit last March 13 and received an acknowledgement letter the following day. This morning I received a letter denying the exploratory visit because we had mentioned in our letter that a cousin of my co-worker lives in Manitoba and told us it was a nice place to live in. The e-mail sated that we should instead try to apply under the general stream and have my co-workers cousin sponsor us. I did not know such an innocent sentence could be misunderstood. We have no relations nor friends in Manitoba and I plan to write a letter to explain this matter. So I believe that the exploratory and the family stream are two diff ways of applying for pnp and can not be combined. But then this is just my experience. Maybe there will be someone more knowledgeable here that could give you a better answer.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

mtbiker is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tann,

Thank you for the heads up. This is a very timely warning for me. I am drafting my email now and wanting to mention my childhood friends in the letter. But upon reading your response & what occurred in your application, I think I must consider excluding them in my request for EV.

About your condition, I think they are having tons of applications under Strat Initiatives that's why they wanted you to consider applying under GS? I guess you're right, you have to explain to them that they were your co-workers' relatives and not actually yours (and you're not even acquaintances).

Hope we could hear from other good sources regarding this issue.

Thanks and have a nice day.

mtbiker
Old Mar 24th 2012, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

hey Tann, Mtbiker

The strategic stream is meant for those who have no other options and yet can prove that they are employable and a very good "investment" by MB.

@Tann, if you explain that none of those ppl you know here are that close that they would fill out the avidavit (although, have a look at it, there is no financial commitment involved), they might reconsider.

@Mtbiker: in your case, I would really consider to go through the GS. Even though it is not a priority stream, it did speed up apparently somewhat (everything from 6-1 year goes). If you consider the time it takes to ok the visit, do the visit, apply for PNP afterwards..
With the GS, you can apply now and don't need a visit.

cheers
Ilse
Old Mar 25th 2012, 1:37 am
Just Joined

Tann is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Manitobain and Mtbiker. Yes I did write a letter immediately explaining that we have no friends or relations in Manitoba. I was just wondering if I should have received an acknowledgment letter for my letter explaining the situation. I have not received any and am not sure if they received it.

truth be told, if I Did have close friends in Manotoba I Would opt for the GS. That would really save us a lot of money in terms of cost of the whole trip. We have already computed how much we will be spending and it's enough to give us a headache :-)
Old Mar 27th 2012, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

@Manitobain, Lovely_clouds, Violets are blue, etc

Reviewing the documents checklist for the strategic stream, there is the requirement to submit the following Government of Canada forms:

- Generic Application form for Canada (IMM 0008)
- Schedule A- Background/Declaration (IMM5669)
- Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
- Economic Classes - provincial nominee form (IMM 0008 Schedule 4)

How do you submit this if you are applying online since MPNP encourage online application now instead of the hard copy filing?.

Dammy
Old Mar 27th 2012, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

@Dammy: simple... you don't.

That requirement is only for mail applications. What you need to keep in mind though, that you need to fill it out when you apply for the PR...so it never hurts to read through it and have a look at all requirements.

cheers
Ilse
Old Mar 27th 2012, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

...and while we are at it, that checklist is not totally up to date anymore for PR applications (travel form is missing), so always best to check at that point in time at www.cic.gc.ca for the PR application for Nominees.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manitobain
...and while we are at it, that checklist is not totally up to date anymore for PR applications (travel form is missing), so always best to check at that point in time at www.cic.gc.ca for the PR application for Nominees.
Points noted. Thanks Manitobain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.