Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Mar 9th 2012, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by dyun76
@lovely_clouds

I am now finalizing my itinerary for the visit so I can submit it if necessary. How did you get around the city and other communities on your visit? did you rent a car, if so, how much is the cost/day?

thanks, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed
Hey dyun76:

Well, we focussed on Winnipeg only. Went around Manitoba just for the outing sort, and to meet few friends. For our daily travel, we rented a car right from the day of our arrival till the last day in Manitoba. Its quite hard to travel freely in the city otherwise. Enterprise Rent A Car has quite a big setup in Winnipeg; and we had a nice experience with their car. They have 3-5 various categories of cars & prices vary for each category. You can get the rates from : http://www.enterpriserentacar.ca

Few notes if you plan to rent a car:
1. Car Rentals usually have unlimited mileage; and can be taken anywhere within the same province.
2. They had extra prices, if more than 1 person's going to drive the car during rental period.
3. They have a lot of extra optional insurances, and its upto you if u want to opt for them. Actually, if u'r a good driver, you will save by just not opting for them.
4. fuel prices in Feb were like $1.10 per litre.
5. Dont rent car from Airport location, otherwise you pay a lot of extra in terms of airport parking charges. Dont plan to return car to airport also, other wise you pay extra.
6. Enterprise had multiple outlets in Winnipeg city itself; and we were free to return car to any of their office within the city limits (except airport ofcourse).

Other option for local commute in Winnipeg other than rental car is - radio taxi, local bus service http://winnipegtransit.com/en, inter city bus service.

Radio Taxi: While you are on Winnipeg roads, you will often see red colored and grey colored Toyota Prius plying as Radio Taxis from Duffy's Taxi (Red) & Unicity Taxi (Grey). Booking a cab is just a 2 minute phone call. You can read more about them through the google.
Quite likely, you will take a radio-taxi from Airport to the B&B or Hotel - wherever you stay in Winnipeg. They are easily available just outside the exit door of airport.

Am note sure much about the inter-city routes. We drove around in rented cars.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

dyun: i hope the above info gives you some inputs. let me know if you want any other info as well.

BTW... guys: who all r travelling in April & later... Winnipeg is inaugurating first corridor of BRTS (Bus Rapid Transit System) - dedicated passages for Bus transit - on 8th April. There was a lot of publicity on this during Feb.
Do take a ride, if you can, during your visit just for the experience.

Might add to your interview as well
Old Mar 10th 2012, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

dyun76 is an unknown quantity at this point

@lovely_clouds

nice info. many thanks. I hope that I can get my itinerary worked out, as there a few adjustment. I will be concentrating on Winnipeg as you have done. BTW, goodluck to you
Old Mar 10th 2012, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

@Da Kingpinn

I hope you get your invite soon. Goodluck
Old Mar 10th 2012, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Fellow members I need your advise:

I had applied on 6th Jan, got an acknowledgement and the standard questions on 13th Jan. I replied the same day and have been waiting since then.

Wanted to know if anyone else applied around the same time and if they have already got their invites or are still waiting.

I think Da Kingpinn is still waiting like me, but wanted to know if there are others or am I the only one waiting.

Should I send a reminder now or still wait for a few more days.

It is getting worrisome now since there has been no reply so far..... does it usually take this long... has anyone experienced processing times as long as mine...
Old Mar 10th 2012, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point

@lovelyclouds, I am looking into housing, do u think we need to book appointments with real states before going there? Or can we just see open houses? Do these get advertised in news papers?
Old Mar 11th 2012, 12:01 am
Just Joined

xyz1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Hi Vettermaster, gosh, thats brilliant and so very quick, wow!!! Congratulations!! Im really impressed and hopefully it wont take too long for the rest of the process to go through for you. You just never know your vacation might just turn into a celebration Good luck!!
Thanks so much for posting this, gives some hope now. Ive just checked my credit card balance by phone but nothing yet....hopefully if all the paperwork is fine it wont be long (keep hoping no mistakes on the application , really hope not). Will post as soon as I know anything also. Good luck again Vettermaster
make sure you call your credit card company that there is going to have a large amount transaction to your card so that they are not going to reject the transaction due to the concern of fraud. Some credit card companies have monitoring systems in place to protect the customers from hacking, especially for large amount oversea foreign transactions. Just a reminder.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

@travel: you should get an answer very soon...but it might not hurt to take the original email they send and reply with a little question about how long it might still take. Did you gave a specific time you hoped to travel in your request? If not, I would put something to that regard in your little reminder, they try to accomodate ppl and respect timelines as good as possible

@lovely_clouds: good trick with rental companies.. I hadn't even realized yet, that there are different prices with at airport or not car rentals. you sure did your research.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

@manitobian : thanx... It wasn't easy working out all the details.

@nostalgiaLava : about the housing... Google out some real estate agents, & take appointments before you go. Get atleast 2-3 appointments.
Open house is advertised in local city news papers, & its usually only on weekend - thus limited option for open house on a small trip.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by manitobain
@travel: you should get an answer very soon...but it might not hurt to take the original email they send and reply with a little question about how long it might still take. Did you gave a specific time you hoped to travel in your request? If not, I would put something to that regard in your little reminder, they try to accomodate ppl and respect timelines as good as possible

@lovely_clouds: good trick with rental companies.. I hadn't even realized yet, that there are different prices with at airport or not car rentals. you sure did your research.

Thanks a lot for your reply Manitobain, I will send a polite reminder tomorrow morning and include my travel plans. I had not mentioned any specific dates earlier. Hoping for the best with
Old Mar 13th 2012, 1:18 am
Just Joined

a little over a week now and I haven't receive an acknowledgment receipt for my email

i need advise. any help is highly appreciated. thanks
Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:55 am
Just Joined

lozapoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya everyone, sorry not been on here recently but have been crazy busy.
We fly out first thing tomorrow morning so we are going to be mostly panic packing today.
@Violetsareblue and @Lovely_clouds we will be starting off in Roseau River as have a friend there we are staying with. But my husband will be working in Onanole so when it comes to buying it will be in either of these 2 areas.

Our dog will be staying with my parents for the first couple of weeks until we find a rental then they will be sending her over to us once the kids and myself are settled. She was surprisingly simple to get sorted and although she wasnt as expensive as our first quote which was extortionate she still cost more than the 4 of our flights including an overnight stay in Calgary. But she is worth every penny
Old Mar 13th 2012, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

nordex is on a distinguished road

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to share my experience so far with Manitoba Province Nominee Program!

But first want to thanks to Manitobain. She is so patient with all of ours questions. If she wouldn't be here, this topic wouldn't be so great as is.

I am from Serbia but me and my family also holds Hungarian citizenship. We can work legally in EU, but we choose Manitoba as ours most desirable place to live.

I first express my willingness for exploratory visit in September 2011. I gathered all documentation and finally sent all my documents via email on December 26th 2011. I have been patient for more than one month and still have not received nothing from any of MPNP officers.
Then I started browsing internet and found this topic, I read all from the start and realized that i HAD TO RECEIVE AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT EMAIL from some of MPNP officers, just like in case of dyun76. I Then asked again and the officer told me that they might not received it because attachment is too big. Original email was 7.8 MB big and probably that is the reason why I did not receive acknowledgement email So anyone who is not sent yet all the documents please take care to optimize documents to acceptable quality and take care of size of attachment. I resized mine form 7.8 MB to 2.4 MB, just resizing resolution of images, and also convert all JPG images and documents to PDF. Too bad that someone did not put that info on main MPNP website: that you HAVE to receive an acknowledgement email, AND not to send large attachments. I learned that hard way.

Anyway, as soon as I resized documents Marcus replied within 4 days on February 28th. On February 29th I received "clarification email" from him with few extra questions and replied same day.

electronic copies I sent:

- Serbian Passport
- My CV on English
- Proof of employment from my current company
- Proof of employment from USA company I worked for
- Recommendation Letter from USA company
- University Certificate
- Passed College exams

For my common law partner:
- Serbian Passport
- Proof of employment
- College diploma -Translated
- English Language Certificate -Translated

I only forgot to send drivers license but i guess it's not such a big deal.

Now I'm waiting. Hope it wouldn't take longer than 2 months. I'll keep you guys informed
Old Mar 13th 2012, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

@ lozapoz : Have a save flight and let me know when you are in the area (and/or if you need help with things) ! When does hubby has to start work? His company is at the moment out at our bridge site putting in the pillars for the bridge to come (I am so excited about this, it is in the makings for 4 years!!)

@dyun76: nordex is right, large emails have troubles getting there *I will try to remember and mention that to PNP officers, I should see a bunch of them later this week, it should be said on the mainpage*. This more so apparently since they started doing online applications.
I have been told that resume and IELTS test if available are the most important documents to send along. Put as much info/details into the resume and if there are questions, the officers will then request more documents..this I have been told is the best way to go. In the end this is "just" your request for a visit/interview...not your application itself.

They do decisions for the next round of permission for exploratory visit unregularly but when they get together, they will do it for all which arrived in a certain time period I have been told...so I bet we will see in the next future a bunch of you guys planning flights

I am glad I can be of any help..after all..this is what Manitoba is about

cheers
Ilse
Old Mar 14th 2012, 1:03 am
Just Joined

Hi manitobain, I did send 2 emails (one after the other) since my first email on 03/03/2012 12:01 am PHT bounced back (mailer daemon) due to file attachment size error. The first email was a huge 17.9MB of attachments. But I didn't notice the error after at least 4 hours that has passed by. Upon noticing the mailer daemon, I then resized the scanned documents and came up with 11.2MB in total and send it right away (03/3/2012 6:56 am PHT) and no mailer daemon ever received, so it is safe to assume that it went through. But then I still haven't received any acknowledgement.

But last night, I send a follow up email and did receive a reply just this morning, asking me to resend the email which I will send later this evening (9:00 pm here is 8:00 am in Manitoba) it is still 9:00 am here in the Philippines as of this writing. I'll just make sure that I can come up with a smaller file size attachment and send it to them during their working hours to better address the issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.