Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:52 am
Just Joined

sshh12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

@New_Start

I could, but it will take a lot longer if I try to stay in the US and with the economy right now, many employers prefer to hire those with GC or citizen
Old Feb 28th 2012, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by New_Start
Milano97, for your refference, I booked my air ticket before I scheduled the interview with Markus and get a hotel reservation after.
@New_start: Did you send Markus your evidence of flight booking and hotel reservation before your interview date was confirmed. My understanding is you are to inform him of your itinerary.

Dammy.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dammy
@New_start: Did you send Markus your evidence of flight booking and hotel reservation before your interview date was confirmed. My understanding is you are to inform him of your itinerary.

Dammy.
I just email him my itinerary, no evidence. Forwarding him the e-ticket info should be okay.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sshh12
@New_Start

I could, but it will take a lot longer if I try to stay in the US and with the economy right now, many employers prefer to hire those with GC or citizen
Maybe you can transfer to a Canadian University? The immigration policy favors international students.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Milano97 is an unknown quantity at this point

@ New Start, Nostalgia , All

Thanks guys for the info.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

lozapoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Chuff message alert ........

We got our PNP and support letter 2 days ago, with all the rush of the last couple of days forgot to post... (although did remember to message Manitobian as soon as it hit the carpet lol)

We have our flights booked and have informed the kids schools, sorted the dogs travel arrangements and just come home from buying some rather splendid snow boots..... It's all systems go

Shall be checking up on everyone elses stories as they progress! Good luck everyone! x
Old Mar 1st 2012, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Milano97 is an unknown quantity at this point

@Lozapoz

Tons of congratulationssssssss.....Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many weeks it took to receive PNP support letter ? (since the day when you sent the online application)

Thanks
Old Mar 1st 2012, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point

But I thought that even after getting the Ono support letter u still need to file with federal for pr. No?
Old Mar 1st 2012, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

lozapoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya it took us 10 weeks, but we did put our application in on the 22nd december so we had to take into consideration christmas.

Yes you do need to put in the pr application but we can go over on a work visa with a support letter as my husband has been offered a job in Manitoba.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lozapoz
Hiya it took us 10 weeks, but we did put our application in on the 22nd december so we had to take into consideration christmas.

Yes you do need to put in the pr application but we can go over on a work visa with a support letter as my husband has been offered a job in Manitoba.
congratulations! for the PNP and job offer!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Ann ok! Congrats and way to go
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lozapoz

Lozapoz,

Congratulation on your PNP. Wishing you the best and hope the land called Manitoba favour you.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

@all who made the interview, couple of questions plz: did u have your bank statements with u in the interview? Did you take all papers required to the pnp app to the interview, or you just uploaded everything online later? Also. Do u get the result of the interview straight away, or you have to wait for some paper after that before uploading online?

Thx for the help in advance.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi congratulations lozapoz, Im so very pleased and excited for you, cant believe it was so quick huge CONGRATULATIONS . Sounds like you have everything sorted and ready to jump on the plane and go!!! Where about will you be living if you dont mind me asking? We have sent our application but only very recently so hoping to be on the move for around July or just after however that may be wishful thinking...never know!! Was your dog easy to sort out? We have a Cavalier King Charles (9.5-10kg) that we will be moving and I think trying to get him sorted out will be more stressful than myself and my daughter . I hope when you get there you will keep us updated on how it is all going. Good luck with your move and I hope its really exciting for you all

NostalgiaLava I took everything with me, statements, paperwork, certs - everything (except the kitchen sink ), however they looked at it and said to upload it and didnt keep anything. So Im not sure what advice to give, you could take it and let them look through it and if they want to keep it then its all ready to go or take it back with you and upload later. I believe the process is quicker if you upload. Also, we were given the result at the interview however I believe they some people get the result later also. I personally would take everything however that is just my opinion, others who have had the interview more recently may be able to better advise. Good luck with your visit, hope you love it there
Old Mar 4th 2012, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Violets are blue

Was your dog easy to sort out? We have a Cavalier King Charles (9.5-10kg) that we will be moving and I think trying to get him sorted out will be more stressful than myself and my daughter .
Hi Violets are blue, we too have a dog and I have been researching on how it works. Apparently Canada is a pet friendly country and for dogs the process is pretty simple. Just ensure that you have a current anti rabies vaccination done and a certificate signed by a qualified vet.

Second part is his travel and for that you can talk to the airline, most airlines will accept a small pet upto 10 Kgs within the cabin itself. Have a look at this link and all your worries will be put to ease. http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...gage/pets.html

Also look at the Canada Food Inspection Agency's site at this link http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/.../petanie.shtml

It seems to be very well documented and simple to follow. I also looked at passenger feedback on how different airlines treat your pet. Apparently Westjet within Canada and Lufthansa for long haul flights seems to be on top when it comes to handling pets.

Good luck for your journey and do keep us updated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.