Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Nov 8th 2014, 4:49 am
Just Joined

lexismorden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Hi guys, all are set for CIC stage and work permit application. However, I am hesitant to submit my work permit visa as there are parts of the question that are not clear as an accompanying dependent. Under FAMILY INFORMATION: Which type of application I will select : visit? Since those who are applying work permit should apply/fill out trv form. Or should i select OTHERS? Since i am neither a visitor nor a worker.

Last edited by lexismorden; Nov 8th 2014 at 4:52 am.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

MordenDream is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lexismorden, if I may kindly ask, how long did it take for you to receive your nomination letter/ LOA from MPNP? Thanks.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

It's been a wile since my list visit here, sorry guys...
leximorden, I think, after you get your LOA, you have to apply for Work Permit through your Visa Office. you can find processing times on your visa office site. I know for Vienna, its about 3 months, but I really have no clue about other offices..

MordenDream, I saw your messag just now, my friend with JO got his LOA few weeks after we have

no news here, except we sent our documents to CIO yesterday..
Now we wait -.-
Old Nov 19th 2014, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

MordenDream is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by La_LuNa
It's been a wile since my list visit here, sorry guys...
leximorden, I think, after you get your LOA, you have to apply for Work Permit through your Visa Office. you can find processing times on your visa office site. I know for Vienna, its about 3 months, but I really have no clue about other offices..

MordenDream, I saw your messag just now, my friend with JO got his LOA few weeks after we have

no news here, except we sent our documents to CIO yesterday..
Now we wait -.-
Hi LaLuna! thanks for the info. I'm not gifted with patience but I'm willing to wait for the LOA

Guys, Lexismorden has informed me through PM that the 2014 intake of application is closed and I should wait until next year to lodge in my application for MPNP. However, I found the below information from the Government of Manitoba's website:

2014 Application Intake is closed for all skilled workers except candidates currently working in Manitoba and those invited to apply through an MPNP strategic initiative.

As to my understanding, all of us who are applying for MPNP under the support of Morden City is under the MPNP Strategic Initiative category, and we are exempt from the 2014 Application Intake (as stated above), which also means we can apply for MPNP and doesn't have to wait until 2015... This is what I understand from the info on Manitoba's website but please, anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong
Old Nov 19th 2014, 7:18 am
Just Joined

lexismorden is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MordenDream
Hi LaLuna! thanks for the info. I'm not gifted with patience but I'm willing to wait for the LOA

Guys, Lexismorden has informed me through PM that the 2014 intake of application is closed and I should wait until next year to lodge in my application for MPNP. However, I found the below information from the Government of Manitoba's website:

2014 Application Intake is closed for all skilled workers except candidates currently working in Manitoba and those invited to apply through an MPNP strategic initiative.

As to my understanding, all of us who are applying for MPNP under the support of Morden City is under the MPNP Strategic Initiative category, and we are exempt from the 2014 Application Intake (as stated above), which also means we can apply for MPNP and doesn't have to wait until 2015... This is what I understand from the info on Manitoba's website but please, anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong

If you are under morden then u can lodge ur application anytime as recruitment initiative is not affected .. i forgot that u r applying under mordens support..so once u have the invitation go for loa
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 2:48 pm
Handsome

iforti is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys

I have a question for those who are already settled in Morden-Winkler area and are living together with Mennonite community.
If you google about Mennonites you find results about their own way of living, very religious and compact community. It gives you feeling that they are very conservative and gives you impression of very welcome and in other hand too much only for their locals... (Its only my opinion)
I wanted to know about geting to hire us as a newcomers, bearing in mind that we come from different part of the world and the most important thing is that we might have different religion from them.
They are also divided as high and low Germans, does anyone knows whats the difference?
Can some one share their experience or any website when we can read something about this please.
Please keep in mind that I am not going to discriminate anyone at all, its my opinion and Im just trying to get the best information about that.

Thanx in advance

Iforti
Old Dec 10th 2014, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Namo2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I would like to update you about my MPNP online Status.

Status Changed to Assessment in process. Does any one applied in August, Sept, Oct.?

Thanks,

Last edited by Namo2014; Dec 10th 2014 at 8:44 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iforti
Guys

I have a question for those who are already settled in Morden-Winkler area and are living together with Mennonite community.
If you google about Mennonites you find results about their own way of living, very religious and compact community. It gives you feeling that they are very conservative and gives you impression of very welcome and in other hand too much only for their locals... (Its only my opinion)
I wanted to know about geting to hire us as a newcomers, bearing in mind that we come from different part of the world and the most important thing is that we might have different religion from them.
They are also divided as high and low Germans, does anyone knows whats the difference?
Can some one share their experience or any website when we can read something about this please.
Please keep in mind that I am not going to discriminate anyone at all, its my opinion and Im just trying to get the best information about that.

Thanx in advance

Iforti
don't worry about this in the slightest ,don't get mennonites
confused with Hutterites(colony farms). I have not came across anyone work wise that does not speak English/French.
In the 7yrs we have been in MB with Winkler/morden as our nearest big box store locations I have noticed a more colourful population.
You will find though that stores in Winkler well apart from timmies etc shut on Sundays ,Morden not so much.
jimmy
Old Dec 17th 2014, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
I need help! I requested my caips file since my processing time has exceeded and Abu dhabi office did not reply to my ecas request for information for why my app is pending after I did medicals 31 dec 2013 and submitted successfully in January 2014. My caips file came back that there are pending documents specifically passport and police certificates since the ones I submitted with my app already expired and this letter of request was sent in 23 April 2014! But I did not receive anything! I swear even my junk I was checking!
Now what should I do? Visa office is not responding to my ecas submital although it is more than one month I submitted and they should reply after 15 days! One consultant scared me saying my file might now be closed and wanted 1000$ to check what he can do. Another consultant told us just send the police clearances to Sydney office and passport copies with all new expiry dates. My question to everyone: how did you receive this request for docs? What does this letter usually say? Does it say to mail the originals to Sidney? Or to visa office? Does it say upload to ecas? Please tell me what to do. My medicals expiring this January!
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Successful4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NostalgiaLava
Hi all,
My question to everyone: how did you receive this request for docs? What does this letter usually say? Does it say to mail the originals to Sidney? Or to visa office? Does it say upload to ecas? Please tell me what to do. My medicals expiring this January!
@NostalgiaLava, i can imagine what you are going through, its hard to say, but i will advise to keep calm. i dont think you should engage any solicitor right now especially when you have not heard from your VO. i understand a lot is changing from January and this could possibly contribute to delay in processing, more also, your VO could even have lots of backlog. My advise is this:
1) Check with other people using same VO. compare their timelines and see where you stand.
2) Try and send another email to the VO and refer back to your previous email to them

Now to answer your questions
1) I received doc request via email
2) The letter stated i should post my docs to my VO not Sydney(Quote the application reference number on top of the envelop). you can not upload your docs to Ecas.

Best of luck

Last edited by Successful4ever; Dec 22nd 2014 at 11:37 am.
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Hi there, actually a lot happened since then😁

But I really appreciate the reply. I believe this forum has helped me a lot and I want also to share my experience for others to refer to.

I sent an email via ecas I started it with very urgent in big letters and ended it also with the same. In it I explained that I did not receive the letter requesting the passport and pc in April and I came to know this is pending my application via the gcms file. They replied to me two days after that which is yesterday resent the phep letter and requested me urgently to submit these docs. The problem was that my visa was linked to my med expiring 9 jan 2015 and for them to return the passport stamped the letter said this requires 13 working days. There are no 13 working days from today till 9 jan. So I drove to Abu dhabi visa office and explained to the officer there my situation. She took the pc and passport and we had to wait for my husband to get his pc and drive to Abu dhabi. The officer told me it is ok we will wait. Once the doc arrived, the officer told me they will give me the stamped passports same day 2:30 😍. And they did! I know now we have to do two things that were not in our original plan: land and come back to wrap up, and go to Canada in January! But with the way they handled my case I am so happy I am going to a country where people are understood and respected😉
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Belinzooni is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Nostalgia, Though delayed but not denied! Just go and land first and come back to round up! Best of luck in your new country.

Rgds
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Successful4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NostalgiaLava
Hi there, actually a lot happened since then😁

But I really appreciate the reply. I believe this forum has helped me a lot and I want also to share my experience for others to refer to.

😉
Congrats and best of luck
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you all� ����� ����� ����
Old Dec 27th 2014, 10:43 am
Just Joined

racha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi every one. I am new

I received an EV to morden. I would like to know about the mpnp, and if some pictures can be useful in the interview.

Do you mean that we should apply work permit before we go for the mpnp interview??

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 27th 2014 at 1:28 pm. Reason: Posts merged - please use the edit button if you think of something else you want to add, thx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.