Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Feb 25th 2012, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

yup.. Jets won, they are at the moment on 3rd spot in their league, means they have a good shot to get into the play-offs, which would be a sensational thing for a team that just came back to our city (lol The Winnipeg stadium is by now known as the smallest but noisiest from all hockey teams...go Jetters go! ) It would be awesome to go see a game, but $250 just for one ticket....yikes, I stick for now with the TV.

Keeping fingers crossed, that the employers is giving you a chance!

cheers Ilse
Old Feb 26th 2012, 5:09 am
Just Joined

sshh12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone and Manitobain

I have some questions regarding on Manitoba Strategic Initiative. I have gone to their official website read Exploratory visits requirements. I have a Bachelor degree and I am currently pursuing Master degree in the US. I will be in BC for a week for my spring break next month to visit a friend.

I met all the requirement but only one concern is "2 years of full-time" work experience. Since I am not allow to work full-time in the US under student visa. I have many unpaid full-time internships and paid part-time jobs since 2008 to present. I just wondering if my internships and part-times would be enough for that requirement.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

hi sshh12, I couldn't answer your question 100 %, but I could see it as not being enough. I assume you studied 2008 and before as well?

BUT, as long you would still fall into the right age bracket, I would suggest to look at the Working Holiday Visa (IEC). That gives you an open WP for a year and if you can secure a job, it allows you from there to go on to the PNP via employer direct stream. If timed right (meaning getting a job as soon as possible once here), you are able to manage PNP before your year is up and then can get another WP without an LMO to bridge you over to PR.

Might have to hurry up, as those visa's are limited, but it is by far the easiest/fastest way to start working in Canada. Employer like that visa, as there is NO work for them involved.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Manitobain:

Thank you for the great info.

I am 24 years old and still a full-time student. I had been working since I was 18 but since I am a full-time student, it is impossible to have a full-time job. I have always have a paid job in the past 5 years event until right now, but are part-time. I don't know if I could add up all those hours to show that I have the potential to find be employed in Manitoba.

I went on and check the IEC program and it seems like I can only apply for IEC with an exchange student organization because I am holding Chinese citizenship.

Do you have some suggestion??
Old Feb 26th 2012, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

ahh.. if you looked it up, I trust it to be true. Every country has its own version of IEC with Canada, so it might very well be.

Well.. back to plan A ?
I can inquire for you ..if you like, how and if part time work is considered.
Send me a PM with roughly timelines and hrs worked ..and I probably need about a week to find out. Do the math for yourself first, would you come up to 2 years overall?
Also, have you checked employability in your profession in MB ...especially with low experience? That could make the difference, I am thinking.

cheers Ilse
Old Feb 26th 2012, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

...additional thought: how do you plan on proving that your aim is staying permanently in Manitoba? Have you been to MB? Friends in BC are rather pointing to the idea that you might plan a permanent stay in BC?
Old Feb 26th 2012, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting on a reply from the email I sent, coming up to 4 weeks now.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

manitobain:

Thank you for your support, let me gather my information and I will sent you via PM
Old Feb 27th 2012, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Milano97 is an unknown quantity at this point

@ Manitobain, All

Good day to all. Today I asked Markus to schedule an interview appointment on 19th March. He told me to make my travel arrangements confirmed & then he will schedule an appointment. What does that mean? Can I go ahead & book airticket /hotel now for 11-19th March period?

Note- I have already received interview invitation on 16th January.

Thanks & Cheers
Old Feb 27th 2012, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Huge Congratulations Dammy, timsmum and nostalgiaLava Im so very pleased for you all . I really hope that your visits go well. it sounds like April will be a very busy month. I hope you enjoy Manitoba as much as we did, its a really lovely place and the people are so very friendly.
Good luck to everyone who is waiting for a response, waiting is the most difficult part, Im sure you will hear soon and that there will be more positive responses .
Congratulations again
Old Feb 27th 2012, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Huge Congratulations Dammy, timsmum and nostalgiaLava Im so very pleased for you all . I really hope that your visits go well. it sounds like April will be a very busy month. I hope you enjoy Manitoba as much as we did, its a really lovely place and the people are so very friendly.
Good luck to everyone who is waiting for a response, waiting is the most difficult part, Im sure you will hear soon and that there will be more positive responses .
Congratulations again
@violet: thanks and please know somebody like me has benefited from your contribution to the forum.

Cheers
Old Feb 27th 2012, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Thanks so much Dammy, its really nice to hear and Im so pleased some of it was helpful. I found this site so very helpful for months before I applied for my exploratory visit and Manitobian and everyone on here have been a great help to me also and to everyone. Its such a good place to find information .
I hope you manage to get some appointments/interviews arranged before you get there, Im sure you will.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sshh12
Manitobain:

Thank you for the great info.

I am 24 years old and still a full-time student. I had been working since I was 18 but since I am a full-time student, it is impossible to have a full-time job. I have always have a paid job in the past 5 years event until right now, but are part-time. I don't know if I could add up all those hours to show that I have the potential to find be employed in Manitoba.

I went on and check the IEC program and it seems like I can only apply for IEC with an exchange student organization because I am holding Chinese citizenship.

Do you have some suggestion??
Hey, I'm from china too. Why don't you try to stay in the US?
Old Feb 28th 2012, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Milano97
@ Manitobain, All

Good day to all. Today I asked Markus to schedule an interview appointment on 19th March. He told me to make my travel arrangements confirmed & then he will schedule an appointment. What does that mean? Can I go ahead & book airticket /hotel now for 11-19th March period?

Note- I have already received interview invitation on 16th January.

Thanks & Cheers
Milano97, for your refference, I booked my air ticket before I scheduled the interview with Markus and get a hotel reservation after.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point

@milano yes you book your tickets and send him itenary and then he will schedule the interview one day before your departure. So make you last days there be week days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.