Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Dec 2nd 2013, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

dream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DHL service

Originally Posted by beltza
Congratulations to all for LOA. I just like to share my experience with DHL Courier service.
I use DHL services to send my CIC application to Sydney, Nova Scotia. They promise to me for delivery of my shipment in 2 days. Now is 1 week and my doc packet is in Nova scotia since 4 days but they are unable to deliver. I am calling again and again to DHL Canada and every time they are making false promises for delivery.
I am too worried for my documents. They dont know where is my packet.
I am suggesting to all my Friends please be careful with DHL.
Thats so bad. I hope they got your document soon.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Manitoba-ZAH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Dear all

Just let you know I got my LOA today.

Thanks for all of you who share the LOA to us before
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

htar is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Manitoba-ZAH
Dear all

Just let you know I got my LOA today.

Thanks for all of you who share the LOA to us before
Congrats new friend
Old Dec 4th 2013, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

fols is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sweet Dream
Hi, I also got the same schedule December 15- 21.

Where are you from? Whats your profession?
Oh,thats nice to hear.I am from the uk and a Research scientist.You?
Old Dec 4th 2013, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man
Hey Fols,

Preparation is definitely the key to getting through the interview - sounds obvious but it really helps to try to replicate your current life in winnipeg so they can see you're serious. Some things we did during our visit that might help:

1) pick up real estate papers and do open houses. We struggled from a distance getting appointments with real estate agents and to be honest felt it wasn't fair to waste their time anyway. Open houses meant we got to see more property, in more areas and picked up more estate agent contacts.

2) cost of living analysis - we went to Polo Park, which is a large mall with a good spread of brand and non-brand shops so you can price clothes; a sears, where we priced housey stuff; a Canadian tire and another household store. It also has a safe ways for doing a trial grocery shop and a liquor store for pricing alcohol (after which you'll need a drink...)

3) leisure activities - we priced cinema, hockey, museums (if you have kids, manitoba museum and children's museum are good), zoo, swimming, gym, restaurants, take-out, travel costs etc

4) walk. Sounds weird, but walking is a great way to see the real city (assuming you're heading to winnipeg), warts and all. We found it was also a great way to meet and chat to people

Regards the meeting itself, ours was a bit frosty to start with as we turned up with all three kids and the agents preference was to speak to me alone as the principle applicant. I suggested to her it was preferable my wife was there too since she's as important to the process! So we had to leave the older two kids in the reception... Started off checking through employment and education info in detail, then the interview followed the format of the original EV application questions, but in way more detail.

Make loads of notes through your visit, bring everything you pick up to talk about, business cards, etc...

Also, employment - when you meet employers or potential employers, they seem very happy to talk about requirements to work in their own organisation - but also about the state of the particular industry, the hiring market in general and other people you should speak to.

In general terms, winnipeg was great, loved it and can't wait to get back. Good luck with the prep and if there's anything specific you want to ask, just message me.

Thanks for getting back to me Dwight van Man Very handy indeed.Did you arrange employer meetings before setting out?Emails or phone calls,they dont seem to respond to emails much from my experience,i guess i will have to start to phone them now.Any suggestions please?

Many Thanks
Old Dec 4th 2013, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi People,
I am just wondering what job websites are favourite for job searches for jobs in Winnipeg? With the massive influx of immigrants to Winnipeg,are there going to be enough jobs for everyone?As i cant seem to find many jobs on the websites i use,maybe there are other good websites,i am not aware of.I do know the Manitoba economic is pretty booming at the moment but have people been able to get jobs quickly when they move over?

Please note i am not been biased or anything like that,i am planning to immigrate to Canada,Manitoba,so just wondering?

Many Thanks
Old Dec 4th 2013, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fols
Thanks for getting back to me Dwight van Man Very handy indeed.Did you arrange employer meetings before setting out?Emails or phone calls,they dont seem to respond to emails much from my experience,i guess i will have to start to phone them now.Any suggestions please?

Many Thanks
No worries, hope it helps. We're different industries I think so my experience may not apply. My background is financial services, in a variety of sales, advisory and development roles. Basically all i did was trawl Linkedin looking for contacts in Winnipeg financial services and approached them directly, then followed up with a phone call. i also googled mortgage brokers and IFA's and called up the top listings. Some I spoke with couldnt or wouldnt meet, so I asked them for recommendations of who they knew that I should speak to. I had a good rate of contact, the biggest problem I had was most who were happy to meet told me just to call to arrange a time when I'd arrived in Winnipeg, so when we flew out I only had one confirmed meeting, and a bunch of possibles, but ended up with four employer meetings and two phone interviews (which in hindsight I should have done via skype as I've come home with a £450 mobile bill!). Even while I was over, I was asking everyone I met for suggestions of who to speak to and generally people were very willing to help.

Phone is definitely the way to go though! Good luck!
Old Dec 4th 2013, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

lorerodri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Speedoflight
January is too late my friend, you have to have IELTS by Jan1st, because the EV requests usually opens in January and wont last long, so write IELTS asap and get ready to submit your EV if opens in January...
Hi Speedoflight, what's the minimum Ielts score do i need to apply to EV?

Regards

lorerodri
Old Dec 5th 2013, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

BenoCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lorerodri
Hi Speedoflight, what's the minimum Ielts score do i need to apply to EV?

Regards

lorerodri
Hello Lorerodri,

The minimum IELTS score for Manitoba is 5 Overall and 4.5 per each brand but obviously the higher the better.

Regards
Beno
Old Dec 5th 2013, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

BenoCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys,

We have not received any news about Manitobian yet!! Long time no show no hear hope he/she is doing OK.

Beno
Old Dec 6th 2013, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BenoCanada
Hello guys,

We have not received any news about Manitobian yet!! Long time no show no hear hope he/she is doing OK.

Beno
I found a post from her from November 16th - hopefully she's just on vacation...
Old Dec 6th 2013, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Speedoflight is an unknown quantity at this point

Beltza,

Were you able to fix the shipping problem, I think it might be the lack of DHL braches there and thats why I think the application is not delivered on time...

Did your application arrived on final destination, if yes/no could you pls share your experience with the courier.

Thanks,
Speedoflight

Originally Posted by beltza
Congratulations to all for LOA. I just like to share my experience with DHL Courier service.
I use DHL services to send my CIC application to Sydney, Nova Scotia. They promise to me for delivery of my shipment in 2 days. Now is 1 week and my doc packet is in Nova scotia since 4 days but they are unable to deliver. I am calling again and again to DHL Canada and every time they are making false promises for delivery.
I am too worried for my documents. They dont know where is my packet.
I am suggesting to all my Friends please be careful with DHL.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light

Sending PR Application to CIO today!
Old Dec 9th 2013, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

beltza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Speedoflight
Beltza,

Were you able to fix the shipping problem, I think it might be the lack of DHL braches there and thats why I think the application is not delivered on time...

Did your application arrived on final destination, if yes/no could you pls share your experience with the courier.

Thanks,
Speedoflight
Hi Speedoflight,
DHL Canada service is really bad. They were unable to track my packet and everyday they were telling a lies for delivery, actually in some parts of Canada DHL is working with another local Courier companies like in Nova Scotia, they are working with loomis express. Every day we were calling to DHL canada and after spending lots of money on phone calls they track our packet and they deliver to CIO.
Our experience with DHL was totally bad, because according to term and conditions they do not have any responsibilty for loss or damage of packet.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light

PR application sent!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.