Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Feb 17th 2013, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
ok will look forward to meeting up in Brandon, I have been there around 24 times in the past 22 years. Have a brother that lives in Winnipeg and another brother and my mum and dad living in Brandon, they and we have lots of contacts there if you need them, realtors, accountants, lawyers or car dealerships. Brandon is like a second home to us, so know quite a lot about what's going on there.

Yip hope the process in London is not too painfully slow, we are hoping to have our COPR by 7th Aug

Good luck with your MR results and hope everything else goes smoothly.

Regards

Andrew
Roger that, wilco!
Thanks a lot.
Regards
Markus
Old Feb 18th 2013, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

lorerodri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manitobain
I am actually not sure. It could as well refer to some requests never answered to from last year...but that wouldn't make much sense either..as they then should at least go to the date they closed the program. So at the moment, your guess is as good as mine. If it is meant into the future..would that then mean it opens up on April 1st again? I can try to find out.. they seem to be very quiet though about Str. Stream.

Btw... as to 2 years vs 5 years experience..as asked earlier in an earlier post: Minimum of 2 years experience is required...if you have more, you need at least proof with reference 5 years on the application form (if you got 3, you need to proof 3, if you got 7, you need to proof 5)
Hi Manotobain, i'm thinking to go to Winnipep for a 5 weeks immersion english program.

Do you think i can send the Exploratory Visit Request from there?, to take the interview before a leave the province.

Thanks
Old Feb 18th 2013, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lorerodri
Hi Manotobain, i'm thinking to go to Winnipep for a 5 weeks immersion english program.

Do you think i can send the Exploratory Visit Request from there?, to take the interview before a leave the province.

Thanks
I don't know if you have seen, but they closed the program for the moment. If you are here during a time where the program is closed, you for sure can't do that. And even when it is open, it is not very likely as they take their time to assess the request, so you might just run out of time.
english language classes in manitoba are good though, even for later chances ..even though you still should have your ielts.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by manitobain
I don't know if you have seen, but they closed the program for the moment. If you are here during a time where the program is closed, you for sure can't do that. And even when it is open, it is not very likely as they take their time to assess the request, so you might just run out of time.
english language classes in manitoba are good though, even for later chances ..even though you still should have your ielts.
What a bad news!!!!, i have not seen it yet. I'm evaluating to study there.

Thanks
Old Feb 19th 2013, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

BenoCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boogler
Hey Beno,

I see what you're saying.

Like WannabeeManitobian says I think you will be fine.

The way I read it is you must have sent your initial request in before January 31st. I would think that the request is the initial email you send them (i.e the one they respond to you by sending you the questionnaire).

You could always try emailing them again to make sure if you're abit concerned about it, but from what you're saying I think you'll be fine
Hello Boogler

Thanks for your words, I was really going to be worry but after what I read from you and from wannabemanitobian I feel little bit more relax. Thanks guys,

I have another question to both of you. When you sent the answers of the questionnaires along with CV and IELTS have you received any confirmation from them? I asked them if they can confirm me of the receiving of my email but until now no respond so I am wondering if anyone has receive any confirmation from them.

Thanks in advance.
regards
Beno
Old Feb 19th 2013, 3:01 am
Just Joined

budds311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Conmar. Tell you the truth, I'm too much worried. BTW, congratulations to you. You're almost at the finish line.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lorerodri

Thanks
Hi loreodri
in addition to what Manitobain has said, I remember under the old rules it was not possible to apply for an exploratory visit while already in Canada. Best proof I could find right now:

The MPNP must agree before you arrive in Manitoba to conduct an interview during your exploratory visit.

Please do not make travel arrangements until you have received confirmation of an interview date from our office.

It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the proper travel documents required by the Government of Canada to visit this country. The MPNP will not provide you with a letter of invitation in order to obtain a visitor visa if required and cannot intervene on your behalf if your visa application is denied.

Best regards
Old Feb 19th 2013, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BenoCanada
Hello Boogler

Thanks for your words, I was really going to be worry but after what I read from you and from wannabemanitobian I feel little bit more relax. Thanks guys,

I have another question to both of you. When you sent the answers of the questionnaires along with CV and IELTS have you received any confirmation from them? I asked them if they can confirm me of the receiving of my email but until now no respond so I am wondering if anyone has receive any confirmation from them.

Thanks in advance.
regards
Beno
No, no confirmation, I think it is not feasable to send everyone a confirmation, you just have to hang in there till you gt a response, which hopefully should be soon, particularly since they have stopped th program for the moment, this indicates that this will give them more time to get organized and sort out the quota recieved during January, so in a way they are accepting requests in batches and I dont think they wll open up till the first batch as been cleared.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Conmar
Hi loreodri
in addition to what Manitobain has said, I remember under the old rules it was not possible to apply for an exploratory visit while already in Canada. Best proof I could find right now:

The MPNP must agree before you arrive in Manitoba to conduct an interview during your exploratory visit.

Please do not make travel arrangements until you have received confirmation of an interview date from our office.

It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the proper travel documents required by the Government of Canada to visit this country. The MPNP will not provide you with a letter of invitation in order to obtain a visitor visa if required and cannot intervene on your behalf if your visa application is denied.

Best regards
Ok, i understand, thank you conmar
Old Feb 19th 2013, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

BenoCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WannabeMonitobian
No, no confirmation, I think it is not feasable to send everyone a confirmation, you just have to hang in there till you gt a response, which hopefully should be soon, particularly since they have stopped th program for the moment, this indicates that this will give them more time to get organized and sort out the quota recieved during January, so in a way they are accepting requests in batches and I dont think they wll open up till the first batch as been cleared.
Thanks Wannabemanitobian. I hope all of us receive an answer from them soon.In the main time I will check this forum daily to see if they respond to anyone from the group here.

Regards
Beno
Old Feb 20th 2013, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Teh Anomaly is an unknown quantity at this point

Good day! I've come across this site searching for more information about Morden, Manitoba and its immigration initiative. Me and my wife were preparing for the May 2013 FSWP but it seems like the chances are getting smaller with the shady Education Assessment Body announcement(or non announcement) and the latest tweet by JKenny that they will be accepting a limited number of FSW applications and the applicants will fall behind the 100K+ existing applicants.

Anyhow, it seems like the immigration initiatives that Morden has is the answer to our prayers. I am just wondering, are other places within Manitoba province that offers the same chances to immigrants? They required that the applicants have no relatives, no pending applications to other provinces and such. If there are such other cities/communuties/town, where would we fit in best? My wife is a registered nurse and I am an IT professional..both Asians(Filipinos). Although we would take any job for starters as long as we reach fulfill our Canadian dream

We planned on going the PNP route a few years back but we didn't have any close relatives at Manitoba which pretty much shot down our chances of applying.

Thanks in advance for the guidance and assistance.

Last edited by Teh Anomaly; Feb 20th 2013 at 2:02 am.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BenoCanada
Thanks Wannabemanitobian. I hope all of us receive an answer from them soon.In the main time I will check this forum daily to see if they respond to anyone from the group here.

Regards
Beno
Hi, not been on the forum for a couple weeks after emailing my questionnaire and just been reading through the last couple of pages of comments with a sinking feeling! I,m hoping that they assess each of the questionnaires that came in from January on merit and don't simply disregard those that don't have, for example, the IELTS scores attached!!! Since mine doesn't, but does have a nice explanation for why not (native English speaker & lack of available test dates....) So looks like two months of nervous waiting ahead for us all!
Old Feb 20th 2013, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

AVACON is on a distinguished road

All

Anyone heard or read any posts from lovely clouds recently? He appears to have vanished since landing in MB, or has he been abducted by MB aliens

Lovely clouds, I was so looking forward to regular updates on the housing front!
Old Feb 20th 2013, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AVACON
All

Anyone heard or read any posts from lovely clouds recently? He appears to have vanished since landing in MB, or has he been abducted by MB aliens

Lovely clouds, I was so looking forward to regular updates on the housing front!
I hear little bits and pieces from her, and hope to visit them end of February when we are anyway in Winnipeg. Think she is just too busy to adapting and learning and looking for work. Eventually she will surprise us with a 100 page document of how to make it perfect ?
Old Feb 20th 2013, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Teh Anomaly
Good day! I've come across this site searching for more information about Morden, Manitoba and its immigration initiative. Me and my wife were preparing for the May 2013 FSWP but it seems like the chances are getting smaller with the shady Education Assessment Body announcement(or non announcement) and the latest tweet by JKenny that they will be accepting a limited number of FSW applications and the applicants will fall behind the 100K+ existing applicants.

Anyhow, it seems like the immigration initiatives that Morden has is the answer to our prayers. I am just wondering, are other places within Manitoba province that offers the same chances to immigrants? They required that the applicants have no relatives, no pending applications to other provinces and such. If there are such other cities/communuties/town, where would we fit in best? My wife is a registered nurse and I am an IT professional..both Asians(Filipinos). Although we would take any job for starters as long as we reach fulfill our Canadian dream

We planned on going the PNP route a few years back but we didn't have any close relatives at Manitoba which pretty much shot down our chances of applying.

Thanks in advance for the guidance and assistance.
Hi there,
Morden is only using the all over Manitoba possible Strategic Stream of the PNP for its advertising purpose. Every Community can help and lot of them are having settlement officers doing exactly that. If you google the info on their initiative, they got most candidates sofar from an oversee jobfair they participated on in Russia/Ukraine...and then a few that came through the strategic stream.
Look the details of that stream up, it is closed at the moment due to overflow of application...but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will re-open within a few months.
You will need an IELTS test for it, so you could start on getting that out of the way..as it usually takes a while to get the appointment it seems.

Learn as well about the details what it takes to assess your wife's skills. She will have to have sit an exam etc. Be knowledgeable about that, as that is one of the conditions for the Strategic Stream..finding out if and how you are employable. IT ..no need for that..but get informed of what is in demand ..are your skill sets fitting the demands. You need to be employable in your professions (your wife can later start out as Health Care Aide or similar to make a living until through assessment and exam..thats no problem)...so it is not a question of being willing to work any job..but to proof you can find work in yours.

Approach communities to see if they are interested to help...don't rely on Morden! First choice would be Settlement Officers, 2nd choice Economic Development Officer...and if none is available in the town... as the municipality office itself (chances are ..they might then not be very educated about the immigration process..so it would take more explaining)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.