Low CRS score. Help?

Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

hh619 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Low CRS score. Help?

Hi all,

I've been trying to see where i stand with the CRS tool on the CIC website to determine whether i would be applicable for the Skilled Worker Express Entry option.

I'm currently scoring 384 with a job offer (which i dont have yet) and with maximum points on the IELTS for both my partner and I (which we haven't taken yet)

Below are my results. I have High school education and my partner has a Degree. I was going to be the primary applicant as i've got over 10 years professional experience in a skilled position.

However, I'm simply not scoring high enough. I would ask my partner to apply, but her degree is not relevant to the work she is currently doing. She has also been working in unskilled roles since leaving University.

Neither of us have any relatives in Canada, and we both haven't worked in Canada.

Does my score look about right? If so, is there anyway to improve it?

Core/Human capital factors

Age = 100
Level of education = 28
Study in Canada = undefined
Official Languages = 128
First Official Language = 128
Second Official Language = 0
Canadian work experience = 0

Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 256
Spouse factors

Level of education = 8
First Official Languages = 20
Canadian work experience = 0

Subtotal - Spouse factors = 28
Skill transferability factors
Education

A) Official Language proficiency and education = 0
B) Canadian work experience and education = 0

Subtotal = 0
Foreign work experience

A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 0

Subtotal = 50

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 50
Comprehensive Ranking System formula

Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 334

Provincial nomination = 0

Job offer = 50
Study in Canada = 0
Sibling in Canada = 0
French-language skills = 0
Subtotal Additional points = 50
Grand total = 384
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Low CRS score. Help?

How old are you? Have you looked at IEC?
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Your partners degree doesn't need to match anything, sounds like it would be worth checking her score as if she was the principal applicant.

If you got a job offer, then you could go on a TWP, so could wait and apply for PR once you've got some Canadian work experience to get your points up. Of course, the downside with that is that you'll also lose points with every birthday.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
+1, if you're young enough OP. Sounds like you are if your points for age are 100.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi thanks for the reply. I'm 29 this year. I have had a brief look at IEC, but wanted to try my best at FSW to get PR.

It may be the way I have to go if this fails.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Your partners degree doesn't need to match anything, sounds like it would be worth checking her score as if she was the principal applicant.

If you got a job offer, then you could go on a TWP, so could wait and apply for PR once you've got some Canadian work experience to get your points up. Of course, the downside with that is that you'll also lose points with every birthday.
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I will do the CRS tomorrow with my partner to see how we get on.

I'd be interested to find out more about IEC and TWP. It's a scary prospect to sell up everything here in the UK with the possibility of not getting PR.

I gather that my partner would need to also go this route to be able to work? If FSW fails..
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

IEC and TWP are two different visa routes, IEC will be MUCH easier if you can do that.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
IEC and TWP are two different visa routes, IEC will be MUCH easier if you can do that.
Plus if you went IEC and was accepted you would then get 2 years in Canada to work. As long as you worked in a skilled role you would then qualify for and gain additional CRS points as part of the Canadian Experience Class. Has other advantages as well such as not needing the proof of funds that FSW has.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all of the help. I will be looking into IEC today
Old Jun 28th 2017, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again!

Sorry for dredging this up. I just wanted to know if anyone has been through a Immigrant Nominee Program (Employer Job Offer Stream– Foreign Worker)?

I've been reading up on this: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/...ORKER_WHO.html

If I get a valid full time job offer, do I still need to go through FSW route? Can I get apply for PR at a later date? How long can i work for?
Old Jun 28th 2017, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Provincial Nominee Programmes nominate people for Permanent Residency. Hence the requirement for a permanent job offer (not that you have to stay at it forever - but you have to be able to at the time you apply). If you're approved through that route, you're automatically given enough CRS points to guarantee you're over the threshold.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Bingo! I'm going to get a job offer then.. Have to be optimistic right?

Do you know how long this process takes? Say i got a job offer today and signed it. How long until i can actually move and work? Or is that a "how long is a piece of string" question?
Old Jun 28th 2017, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Matt88
Bingo! I'm going to get a job offer then.. Have to be optimistic right?

Do you know how long this process takes? Say i got a job offer today and signed it. How long until i can actually move and work? Or is that a "how long is a piece of string" question?
Do you have any contacts in Canada to secure a job offer? It is a very different employment market than the UK, i.e. emailing someone your CV is not going to work 95% of the time. Plus I think the Provincial nomination program requires the employer to support the process. So you would need an employer willing to do that and wait to hire you till the PR situation had completed.

Currently CIC aim to process PR applications in 6 months but that doesn't include the PNP.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Do you have any contacts in Canada to secure a job offer? It is a very different employment market than the UK, i.e. emailing someone your CV is not going to work 95% of the time. Plus I think the Provincial nomination program requires the employer to support the process. So you would need an employer willing to do that and wait to hire you till the PR situation had completed.

Currently CIC aim to process PR applications in 6 months but that doesn't include the PNP.
Hi,

I'm starting to network on Linkedin but it is early stages! I'm sure i will be able to make some contacts in the near future.

Yeah i have noticed that it is a tough job market. Fortunately the jobs i'm applying for are for a niche skillset, which i hope will improve my chances!

Does my CRS score get taken into consideration for PNP? Also, do i need to do the IELTS test?

Thanks
Old Jun 28th 2017, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Matt88
Hi,

I'm starting to network on Linkedin but it is early stages! I'm sure i will be able to make some contacts in the near future.

Yeah i have noticed that it is a tough job market. Fortunately the jobs i'm applying for are for a niche skillset, which i hope will improve my chances!

Does my CRS score get taken into consideration for PNP? Also, do i need to do the IELTS test?

Thanks
In most cases you are going to need to actually travel to Canada and meet employers face to face. There is a wiki someone on here about the process. It isn't necessary that it is a tough market just a different, more contacts based, process. To give you an example I moved here with my company who had operations in the UK and Canada and I still had to come over to Canada to press the flesh and get the job offer. Having a niche skill set will help for sure, especially if that skill set is in demand.

Be prepared to travel to Canada to make the contacts, get the job, and then make the PNP application, make the EE profile, be selected, apply for PR, receive PR etc, etc. All in all I would be surprised if you could get all that done inside of a year.

As mentioned before, given your age the IEC program would be a much better bet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.